Author Topic: Travel Channel - Running Walker segement again  (Read 3810 times)

Offline Hartley

Travel Channel - Running Walker segement again
« on: July 14, 2006, 12:17:46 PM »
The travel channel is running the walker segment again today.

Everyone needs to complain to discovery.com about running that video.

The other thing that bugs me is that the idiot producers are calling the TerraWind a bus too !

I wonder what part of stupid these people don't understand....????
Never take a knife to a gunfight!

Dallas

Re: Travel Channel - Running Walker segement again
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2006, 01:38:45 PM »
What time are they having the showings?

Dallas

Offline Hartley

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2006, 03:16:33 PM »
It was on at 3:00 pm today, Couldn't find another listing for it on their site.

I think they rotate the programming through each month.

" Super Bus Makeovers "

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2006, 04:08:16 PM »
Hi Dave,

I saw a listing for 7:00 pm.  I also sent an e-mail to Discovery networks today.

Nick-
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Offline Hartley

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2006, 06:33:13 PM »
I sent a complaint and suggested that they remove that segment from the program.

I didn't go back to see if the program was being repeated. I got a call from another Bus Owner
and he apparently ran across the program and may not have been aware of the issues until
I told him what had happened. ( He is Not computer literate yet. ) so doesn't see all the stuff
that we see on the net. His biggest complaint was that the narrator kept referring to S&S motorhomes
as buses, I finally had to turn off my nextel to avoid the rest of his complaining.

It just amazes me that with all he technology that people that write and produce programs can
be so narrowly focused and not even bother with doing the basic research to understand what they
are talking about.

It's like the guys that do a job called " Continuity " in movies and tv shows. They are supposed to watch
and correct production boo boo's before it gets included in the final cut.

Like when objects mysteriously appear and disappear or move around in scenes. I caught one in "HellBoy" last night
that if you weren't looking you wouldn't see it. When in one view a guy has a grenade belt on his shoulder and says that the trigger is broken. In the scene the trigger part is shown down in front below the left shoulder. The scene cuts to another
view and the trigger is now up on top of the same shoulder. I would guess I have seen that movie 20 times and only just now
caught that.

Like the guns that run out of ammo and the slide locks back suddenly starting to fire again without being touched even though
the slide is still locked back....

Or while I am ranting.... Mythbusters... This is produced by a bunch of clowns. Some of the shows are so off base and incorrect that I sit there and laugh. I would like to see what they could figure out on a bus conversion.....Probably not a lot!!!!! ;D

Offline Merlin

• Run away before the kids come back home.
Re: Travel Channel - Running Walker segment again
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2006, 07:45:51 AM »
... Like the guns that run out of ammo and the slide locks back suddenly starting to fire again without being touched even though
the slide is still locked back....
And the old westerns where a "six shooter" was capable of firing 200 rounds without reloading.  Then ... in another scene, the bad guy would run out of ammo and throw the pistol at the good guy.  Smart ... very smart !!!  These were my youthful reality training films ... no wonder I had a tough time in jungle combat.    ;D

By the way, I watched that bus segment on travel channel too.  Seems that anything big and on rubber tires is called a "bus".  Doesn't bother me though.  We know better.
Bus conversion is DONE, and now the home for full-time travel.  Look for me parked in front of your house.

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2006, 11:21:45 AM »
Discovery Networks E-Mailed ne back

Here's what they wrote

Thank you for contacting Discovery Networks.  We appreciate you taking the
time to share your thoughts and concerns with us regarding Super Bus
Makeovers.  Your comments will be forwarded to our program management and
executives and will be taken into consideration.  Comments such as yours
are very important to us, as viewer opinions tell us what we can improve on
and what our audience enjoys.  It is these types of comments that
contribute to creating change and improving programming.

A reply to this message is not necessary.  For more information about
schedules and programming check our website, www.discovery.com.    If you
have any further inquiries or comments, please contact us via our webform
at http://extweb.discovery.com/ViewerRelations.  Thank you again for
expressing your interest in our programming.

Sincerely,
Lynne
Viewer Relations
Discovery Networks
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

JerryH

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2006, 11:35:22 AM »
Nick:

Was nice of you to take the time to write them.  The body of the message (kinda) appeared (in my mind) to be a standard and (somewhat) stock response.

Thank you for contacting Discovery Networks.  We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts and concerns with us regarding < enter program name here > .Your comments will be forwarded to our program management and executives and will be taken into consideration.  Comments such as yours are very important to us, as viewer opinions tell us what we can improve on and what our audience enjoys.  It is these types of comments that contribute to creating change and improving programming.

Watching that segment of Walker made me shake my head -- followed by wanting to vomit.

Jerry H.

Offline Casper4104

• My site - no bus pics yet.
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2006, 01:22:39 PM »
It’s the nature of the Journalism racket.  These guys go to J-school where they learn to write up the Who-What-When-Why-Where-How, and how to work in the business a little.

Then they go to work. First day – a report on the dogcatcher’s workload, 2nd day – Insurance rates are going up, 3rd day a chicken is in love with a dog & new sewage system booster pump fails & floods downtown w/browntrout, 4th day -  yada yada yada.  They have a heavy workload and a creeping deadline.  They know everything about nothing and nothing about everything.  Most people they talk to sugarcoat everything for fear of a bad writeup, and the journalists know it.

It’s a tough business.  They don’t have the time to become experts, so they try to find an expert and transcribe some of what he says, then fluff, BS & paraphrase from there.  If you got into this thing from scratch with 3 days to produce an article, and Mr. Walker was the first guy you ran into, you could easily think he was a good source.

Think about this – any article you ever read about something that you’re an expert on was wrong wrong wrong,,, (unless it was in the enthusiast press and written by another expert ie: Car & Driver – Bus Conversions Magazine – Field & Stream) wasn’t it?

They did the best they could.  I wish they’d come to a rally sometime.

Casper
(Hey, I think this is my 50th post.  I’m not a board newbie anymore!)
If a half a hen lays a half an egg in a half a day - how long would it take a monkey with a wooden leg to kick the seeds out of a dill pickle?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal