Author Topic: Bad news! Libby's down again! :'(  (Read 23080 times)

cody

Re: Bad news! Libby's down again! :'(
« Reply #75 on: November 03, 2009, 06:55:51 PM »
Mike, I don't know anything about what we've got coming up, I don't have any idea what it'll be like or anything like that, all I know is that it's what we've got to do right now. This is only a speed bump, we'll figure it out, libby enjoyed everything at BK's but she wore down fast, we just have to adjust our life to whatever she can do and not worry about what she can't do anymore.

Offline John316

• MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.
« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2009, 07:56:33 PM »
Cody,

I am so sorry that things are doing better. That has to be so tough.

I am still praying for you all.

God bless,

John
Sold - MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.

Offline bryanhes

• Eagle Model 10 "For Now"
« Reply #77 on: November 03, 2009, 08:16:48 PM »
Cody,
Sorry to hear Ann Arbor would not take her. I used to own a non emergency medical transport company in Missouri and had several clients that I took to Dialysis three times a week. It is important to be able to get her to them as scheduled. And being where you live you have worse weather than what we typically experienced in MO. Do you have a location in Marquette that you can park the bus at to get you closer to the Dialysis center?

Hope things improve,
Bryan

Offline Sojourner

• Jesus Love You!
    • Jesus Love You!
« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2009, 11:07:05 PM »
I am still praying for Libby, you and the doctors/nurses to comfort her and the cure that she need,

As per Bryan suggested might your better choice so Libby can get quicker supports from the hospital and not have to shovel snow at home to allow easier assess for the paramedic’s crew. As you well know Cody…you need to make it easier for self so you won’t get exhausted and/or hurt yourself doing the things whenever the emergency arises.

I would think it be better yet to rent a apartment so in case of emergency  you have room for paramedic to assist her onto stretcher right out of bed. I think your bus’s hall way is too narrow.

Whatever you do…I will be praying.

Gerald & Lynette
http://dalesdesigns.net/names.htm
Ps 28 Blessed be the LORD, because he hath heard the voice of my supplications. The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him

cody

« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2009, 05:46:12 AM »
I'll be leaving shortly to go and pick up libby, renting an apartment won't work because of the cost, they start at around 450 for a very basic one up here thats somewhat livable, thats more than the hospital lawyers have been allowing me to keep, so thats not an option, but I appreciate the thought, we'll fight each battle as it comes up and do the best we can, we are exploring several options including the possibibilty of her moving in with her sister in Illinois, her sister lives in peoria and said that may work too.  If that could happen that would free me up to pursue the work that is so critical to our existance right now and help me with her care.  We're looking at a lot of possibilitis.

Offline JackConrad

• Orange Blossom Special II
  • 73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida
« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2009, 05:52:56 AM »
Cody,
    We are so sorry to hear this latest news about Libby.  I wish there was something we could do to help, but since we are so far away, I don't think there is much we can do except keep thinking of ya'll and keep ya'll in our prayers.  I am glad we had the opportunity to catch up with ya'll in Michigan last summer for our brief visit.  Jack
Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/

cody

« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2009, 03:59:37 PM »
I brought back libby from the hospital yesterday, the hospital has determined that they can do no more for her so now it's going to be up to us to do what has to be done, we have been told that the university hospital in ann arbor is one of the few that actually do the surgury that is needed to fix her so we are working towards that goal.  If we are very careful with her diet and do weekly blood work we may be able to avert or at least delay dialysis for a while so thats all for now.  She is very weak and fragile right now but resting, between me and jamie she won't be alone.

Offline travelingfools

« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2009, 04:13:14 PM »
Cody, glad to hear she's home. That alone has to help the healing process... Our prayers are still with you guys every day..

John and Jean
John P, Lewiston NY   1987 MC 9 ...ex NJT

Offline Peabody

• Bus wannabe,Gillig chassis,3208 cat
    • Opal Dragon Creations
« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2009, 05:25:06 PM »
So sorry to hear what Libby and you are going through,I know I can be of no help but I can send you a huge virtual hug and send Libby some healing vibes and if that doesn't work I'm also keeping y'all in my prayers. Big Hugs Peabody
Enjoy Life...This is not a rehearsal!
Want to make God laugh?        Make plans

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal