Author Topic: Quartzsite Rally 2010  (Read 8780 times)

Offline ljhall

Quartzsite Rally 2010
« on: November 08, 2009, 09:44:22 AM »
The Quatzsite rally is being held January 21-23 . It is being sponsored by Western GM and is going
to be open to any converted bus group. We had 105 buses present last year from GM's, Eagles, and
Flxibles. Our rally site has been extended and improved to handle many buses. We will have a
thursday evening meet and greet with potluck hor-devours, a Friday night catered dinner, and  a
show both friday and saturday by Michael Hargis. Rally fee will be $20 - dinner $12.50 per person,
and  parking @ 5.00 per day. Reservations deadline will be January 1, 2010. I will post the reservation
form as soon as they are printed.

Larry Hall - GM Wagon Master

Offline luvrbus

Re: Quartzsite Rally 2010
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2009, 07:45:39 PM »
This is one Eagle guest that won't be attending this year, none of this is clear to me funny how a successful rally can change in a year I guess that is why Jack's rally is so successful same dates every year and no changes.
To those I invited I did not know you had to belong to a group for that I am sorry.
FMCA must not apply to this rally

good luck
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline RJ

• Vantaré Conversion "Miss Vivian"
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2009, 11:25:43 PM »
Cliff -

You don't have to belong to a group to attend that Quartzsite rally that I know of.  FMCA's Western GM BusNuts is simply the host/sponsor.  Not sure how you got the impression you had to belong to a group. . .

I went last year, probably said hello to you at some point as I was wandering around all the buses taking photos.  Had a great time, even tho I really didn't let anyone know I was coming.  Even stayed in a motel, 'cause the '06 is not livable.

If you had a good time last year, why not go again, especially since you're thinking of hanging up your steering wheel.

;)
1992 Prevost XL Vantaré Conversion M1001907 8V92T/HT-755 (DDEC/ATEC)
2003 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagon "Towed"
Cheney WA (when home)

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2009, 04:20:29 AM »
RJ, I may have misread the post but Larry needs to clarify what a group is in his post and what about the S&S guys that attend these rallies? looking to someday own a bus that worked out for Larry last year the guy manging the spot where we park bought a GM from Larry and if I may say he is very proud of it.
No I didn't meet you last year but saw you talking with Don Fairchild then never saw you again.
If it true or not I heard the owners of the lot were going to charge 5 bucks to anyone driving a car in to visit ah the Quartzsite way that to me needs to be addressed also next they will charge for the toad people don't need surprises not the ones that cost anyways

good luck
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline bobofthenorth

• R.J.(Bob) Evans
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2009, 07:23:10 AM »
When we talked to Larry & Carol last winter I got the impression that even frenchy-busses would be allowed in Clifford.  Maybe that has changed but I'm sure Larry will jump in here soon to clarify that.  If they will let us in then they'll have to let in pretty well everybody who shows up.   ;D
R.J.(Bob) Evans
Used to be 1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
Currently busless (and not looking)

The last thing I would ever want to do is hurt you.
Its the last thing but its still on the list.

Offline rv_safetyman

• Jim Shepherd
    • Bus Project Details
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2009, 08:34:39 AM »
I really hope I don't step on any toes here.

Written communication is fraught with problems. 

Here is the problem.  Eagles International has their formal annual meeting in Quartzsite.  That is part of the bylaws.  They have had their rally in Quartzsite for many years and the members really look forward to the very relaxed event.

Last year we agreed to a ***JOINT*** rally with the GM and Flxible groups.  It was a ton of fun!!!

The way that this announcement reads is that it is no longer a JOINT rally.  I doubt that Larry intended his announcement to sound that way, but it has a few of our members a bit agitated.

Jim

Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
’85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/

Offline bs4104

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 09:50:27 AM »
Jim: You Eagles guys just don't want to share your donuts & Coffee with us GMs  from Bruce with a MCI
102A3 N14 Auto Shift

Offline Van

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 10:30:28 AM »
Jim: You Eagles guys just don't want to share your donuts & Coffee with us GMs  from Bruce with a MCI
Bs, what on earth ever gave you that impression, could you elaborate a little more on your statement? Seems a bit harsh.
B&B CoachWorks
Bus Shop Mafia.

Offline rv_safetyman

• Jim Shepherd
    • Bus Project Details
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 10:30:48 AM »
Bruce, I am very close to putting you on my ignore list ;D ;D ;D

Hope you notice the smiley faces.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO

Offline rv_safetyman

• Jim Shepherd
    • Bus Project Details
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2009, 10:32:00 AM »
Van, you have to know Bruce.  It was a joke!

Yet another problem with written communication. >:(

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO

Offline bs4104

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2009, 11:19:50 AM »
Just like last year's shoot out pot luck buffet dinner! First nite :GMer on one side of a long food serving table & Eagles on the other side, next nite not one long food serving table just several short ones all over! Bruce
102A3 N14 Auto Shift

Offline JohnEd

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2009, 12:14:33 PM »
I think Van was "joking".  Am I at risk sharing that I laughed at Van's post?

Quote:  Yosemitte Sam..."Smile when ya say that paadnah" ??? ;D ;D ;D

I think I will put myself on my ignore list now.

John
"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla

Offline rv_safetyman

• Jim Shepherd
    • Bus Project Details
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2009, 12:17:18 PM »
OK Bruce.  Now I can't tell if you are just making an observation or are trying to get a point across.

I guess everyone has different expectations of what a joint rally should be.  

I don't think it is outrageous for the different groups to spend time with their groups.  That does not mean that they don't want to be friendly.

For one thing, we really don't know the members of the other groups.  It could be argued that we should go out of our way to mingle and meet new friends.  I think most of us did some of that.  

However, I still think that some folks want to spend time in their own groups.    One of the issues is that we only get to see members of our chapters very infrequently, and we want to spend time with our close friends.

Probably missed your point.

Jim
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO

Offline Van

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2009, 12:36:05 PM »
Truth be told, John was right I was joking! ;D(take your finger off the ignore button John LOL).
 Jim as a matter a fact,last January I Did exactly that. Cheryl and I both spent quite alot of time mingling over by the Gm Folks as well as the flex crew(love those flex's by the way :))all seemed as should, very hospitable all was. I agree,very different observations from different people (GM guy who owns an MCI) LOL ;D ;D It just occurred to me, I think the Army had taught us that back in boot. :).By the way my coffee pot is always available to everyone.only the individual gets to decide whether they drink of it, or wear it! LOL(joke! joke!  :) :)) .And that you can take to the Bank!
B&B CoachWorks
Bus Shop Mafia.

Offline bs4104

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2009, 01:06:21 PM »
Van: Jim is right about me joking around I know the GM group had a good time as a Joint Rally, all group need there group time together for their working too. As for the MCI now I had a '04 for 18 years.
Jim: PS. I have not got in to  your engine dealing as I might have said go N14, as Brian & my Cummins are on the road. Bruce
102A3 N14 Auto Shift

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal