Author Topic: Georgia bus nuts?  (Read 7703 times)

Offline ruthi

Georgia bus nuts?
« on: November 13, 2009, 04:46:55 PM »
Hey, just wondering how many Georgia bus nuts are on here. Also, would like info from anyone who has changed their bus title to an RV title. What was involved in doing it. We will be needing to get ours titled before long. Thanks
Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!

Offline bottomacher

Re: Georgia bus nuts?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2009, 05:27:34 PM »
Well, Im a crackernut, and I know of at least four others. Getting your GA title is very simple- get the insurance policy done first and go to a small town MVA- absolutely NOT Atlanta (good advice in general).

Offline ruthi

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2009, 06:03:09 PM »
Well, I am live in small town, Ga, so, not a problem. ;D  We have ins. on the bus we have now, so, would that work and tell them we will transfer the ins? So, anyhow, we would just need the title, and insurance to show them? Would it very long to get it? Sorry bout all the questions.

Offline belfert

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2009, 06:41:03 PM »
I'm a busnut and I'll be in the Atlanta area this weekend.  Of course, the whole reason I am heading to Atlanta is to come look at what you have done to your Dina.  I'll see you Monday.

Unfortunately, I won't have time to visit other busnuts in Atlanta as I am also visting some friends while in Atlanta.
Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN

Offline ruthi

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2009, 06:48:32 PM »
See you then Brian, but, visiting Ga. dont make you a Ga. nut ;D lol.   We have to work most of the night Saturday night, in Alabama, but, we will be home sometime Sunday. We are sure ready too. It seems like forever since we have seen home. Month and a half will be so nice! Although, we just got word that a store came up that Walmart wants done pronto, so, we have got to be there the week of Dec. 6th. And of course it has to be in far south florida, past Miami. :( 

Offline ruthi

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2009, 06:52:32 PM »
Oh, and by the way, the bus is looking awesome. We have cameras installed on the property, and have been watching the work that is being done on it. Hubby and I come up with ideas, and call the guy, and he gets it done. The body work and fiberglass work looks really good. He just sprayed the ceramics coating on it too. I think he is enjoying it so much, he may take on some more bus work when he is done with ours. He is a charactor, but he gets the work done, and the price is right, which is always a good thing ::)

Offline wildbob24

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2009, 07:12:24 PM »
Ruthi,

Georgia does not issue titles for vehicle built before 1986, so most of us GA busnuts probably didn't have to apply for a title. When I registered my 1975 GM, I just told them it was a motorhome and that's how they registered it. They tend to be a little looser with vehicles that don't require a title. Of course, you have to have insurance before you buy a tag, but not to transfer the title.

Since your bus is a 1998, you'll need to apply for a GA title. What sort of paperwork do you have on it now? Is it in your name or the seller's. How is the coach described on the paperwork you have now? I have a friend that operates a title service. If you'll let me know what you have, I'll ask her what you need to do.

Bob
P8M4905A-1308, 8V71 w/V730
Custom Coach Conversion
PD4106-2546, 8V71, 4sp
Greenville, GA

Offline Ed Brenner

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 07:18:21 PM »

Ruthi,   
    not to steal your thread but what do you do for Walmart? They just broke ground for a new one here in the Myrtle Beach area

Garden City to be exact. Does that mean at some point in time you might be in this area ?
Thanks Ed ;D
Ed Brenner
77 Eagle 05  Murrells inlet, SC
 " While We're At It " A Busnut's most costly Phrase !!

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2009, 08:24:47 PM »
Ruthi, do you work directly for Walmart or do the tenant finish for one of the lessees.
I was a  general contractor for WalMart for 27 years and my heart goes out to you working directly for WalMart. 
I know where every outside electric plug is located and which light pole has it LOL my favorite free campground with electricity, but I do ask before using it.

good luck
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline ruthi

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2009, 08:26:58 PM »
Ed, we install the hair salons in them,  and remodel the older ones. Most likely we will be there to do that one, as long as it gets a hair salon, and most do. If they are just breaking ground, it will prob. be ready to do end of next year. Bob, we have the title, signed over to us, and bill of sale. Oh, and the title is a Texas title. Thanks you for the help.

Offline ruthi

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2009, 08:30:51 PM »
No, we work contracting for Regis, not walmart ::) It is a good gig, pay is good, travel is good, although I do sometimes get burned out when we are gone too much. This has been a banner year for being gone too much.  How long ago did you stop with walmart? Just wondering if we ever ran across you.

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2009, 08:40:42 PM »
 I retired in 2002 and I don't miss that gig, I see where you said the store would be ready at the end of next year times have changed I had to have the store ready for stocking in 4 months and the CO in 6 months for grand opening day.
In all the years those guys never got my 5 grand a day for being late but I did get theirs some time for early completion.   

good luck
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline wildbob24

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2009, 09:06:32 PM »
Ruthi,

OK, I still need to know how it's described on the Texas title, but you'll probably need to be home to tell me that.  Did you buy it from a dealer or an individual? 

The reason I ask this is if you bought it from a company, they're going to charge you sales tax, based on the purchase price.

Bob
P8M4905A-1308, 8V71 w/V730
Custom Coach Conversion
PD4106-2546, 8V71, 4sp
Greenville, GA

cody

« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2009, 06:33:05 AM »
We're just off the north coast of georgia lol in michigan, not close enough huh lol.

Offline ruthi

« Reply #14 on: November 14, 2009, 06:53:26 AM »
Yes, Bob, I will have to let you know that when we get home. We bought the bus from an individual. Luvrbus, what was the name of your company? What area of the country did you cover? Now, they give 9 months for the store to be done, but, many times it is over the limit.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal