Author Topic: "Rustless Money Pit" man adds more photo's to his S&S www Album  (Read 3262 times)

Offline Gary LaBombard

• "Rustless Money Pit"
    • "Inspection & Repair Guide for Bus Conversions"
Hello everyone again,

I just posted several pictures for those that want to see how I dressed up the wheel wells and wheels of my 1988 Tioga, Arrow Stick & Staple today or should say completed it today.  It took 4 days to do complete. 

These photos are not real interesting by a long shot by maybe it will encourage some with an older RV to do their best to help protect their rig and make it last longer.  What I have done is removed all the wheels and painted them and the wheel wells and undercasrriage frame with photo's of the entire process on my web site: http://community.webshots.com/user/converter101
Go to Album #12, (Stick & Staple complete refurbishing) and scroll down to photo's (#16a - #18d) if you have already seen the rest of this album before.  This is information only for those interested.  I am almost done this rig and anxious to get back on the Rustless Money Pit for sure.

Gary

OK Gary, I turned this one blue for you too!
Gary

Offline FloridaCliff

• "The Mighty GMC"
Re: "Rustless Money Pit" man adds more photo's to his S&S www Album
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2006, 05:57:44 PM »
Ok Gary,

Here's my plan.

I put in a 50 amp service by the pool, you come down with the Mrs for the winter. ;)

In about 2 days YOU will be totally bored and will complete my conversion by Spring, just to keep yourself busy. ;D

You have more energy than the energiser bunny, looks nice and a nice getaway vehicle until the Eagle is ready.

Cliff
1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain

Offline TomC

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 08:25:56 PM »
Gary- just so you know, on album #14 pictures 8&9, that is an AMGeneral 10240B transit that was used to make the R&M fiberglass caps for the AMG.  The front is completely different with MC9 windshields (although I don't like the 6" pillar in the middle of the windshield).  The rear where you took the pictures is completely stock except for the back up camera pod.  The windows have been changed, but the bus came with through the roof exhaust-he just added a chrome tip-like I did with my AMGeneral 10240B.  Good Luck, TomC
Tom & Donna Christman. 1985 Kenworth 40ft Super C with garage. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.

Offline Gary LaBombard

• "Rustless Money Pit"
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 04:00:07 AM »
Thanks for the input Tom, I did not take these photo's I posted, my friend Dave Brawdy from Pullman, WA. did, he attended the 2006 Oregon rally and gave me permission to post these photo's.  I have more I am posting today that he sends me a few at a time of but most have to do with things we are interested in doing to our own buses after viewing his photo's.   I have posted all these just to also give some of you other ideas to work from if you are that is.
Gary
Gary

Offline Gary LaBombard

• "Rustless Money Pit"
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2006, 04:35:44 AM »
Tom,
I have corrected the identification text on those photo's of the (AMGeneral 10240B) Photo's #8 & 9 of the transit bus on my site.  Thanks again.
Gary
Gary

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal