Author Topic: Anyone know today's prices on Group 31 and Golf cart batteries at Costco?  (Read 8392 times)

belfert

Does anyone know the current prices on group 31 and GC2 golf cart batteries at Costco?  I would rather not spend an hour driving there and back if I can help it.

Sam's Club just increased GC2 batteries by $13 each!  So much for holding off until I really needed the batteries in a month or so.

Brian Elfert

Moof

The nearest Costco to me is 360 miles away.  So I checked Costco.com and couldn't find prices for any batteries.  Couldn't find any listings at all.  Sorry.

belfert

It looks like I will need to drive over to Costco and check out their battery prices.  They won't give out prices over the phione.

Batteries have never been on the web site.  I suppose because they are not real shippable.

Brian Elfert

belfert

Okay, I went over to Costco last night and found out I wasted a trip.  The battery selection is strictly for cars only.  No golf cart batteries and no large 12 volt batteries like 8D or group 31.

I could have sworn Costco used to have golf cart batteries.  I guess I pay the $62 each at Sam's Club for GC2 batteries.

Brian Elfert

Offline TomC

Personally, I'm of the getting the best battery possible club.  From my 21 years experience on the road, there is nothing worse than having dead, or low batteries.  So after trying most all makes from generic on up, I have settled on using the Trojan size 31 1000cca batteries (2) for starting since they are close to the 2 8D's I replaced them with.  Presently, my batts are just over 5 years old and still starts fine, even after sitting for a few weeks. My deeps are 2 8D Lifeline AGM (Absorbed Glass Matt) batteries that are maintenence free, can operate in any position (they prefer you not run them upside down, but they will) were originally made for the fighter jets.  These batts are not cheap, but in my book, if they give me at least 5 years of faithful service, it is worth the extra cost.  I know some like to buy el cheapo batteries (we have size 31 batts for $49 at our store) and not mind changing them every year or two.  But for me that's not exceptable.  Good Luck, TomC
Tom & Donna Christman. 1985 Kenworth 40ft Super C with garage. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.

belfert

Personally, I'm of the getting the best battery possible club.  From my 21 years experience on the road, there is nothing worse than having dead, or low batteries.  So after trying most all makes from generic on up, I have settled on using the Trojan size 31 1000cca batteries (2) for starting since they are close to the 2 8D's I replaced them with.  Presently, my batts are just over 5 years old and still starts fine, even after sitting for a few

Trojan is no longer making starting batteries.  Strictly deep cycle according to AAA Battery here in town.

Sure, I would like the best, but a single Lifeline 8D battery costs about the same as 8 GC2 batteries and the amperage is double on the GC2s.  Yes, there is more chance of battery trouble with eight instead of two batteries, but I can live with that for half the cost.

If I was fulltiming, the best batteries might make sense, but I am not.  My project has cost a good 1/3 more than I had planned so I will have to get by with less epxensive batteries for now.  (I had created a very detailed budget when I started, but I way underestimated some costs.)

Brian Elfert

Offline TomC

Brian- according to the Trojan web site, they are still making commercial starting batteries.  Maybe your battery outlet just doesn't want to deal with the commercial side.  Good Luck, TomC
Tom & Donna Christman. 1985 Kenworth 40ft Super C with garage. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal