Author Topic: Beware of SETRA restocking fees!  (Read 2642 times)

Offline wayne

• 1990 Setra 215 HDH
  • www.mybusgarage.com
Beware of SETRA restocking fees!
« on: January 03, 2010, 10:32:08 PM »
I have been working on my Setra conversion for the last 8 years and buying parts from Setra in North Carolina which is where I also purchased my bus. When I purchased it I had them do a complete inspection and paid them an extra $11,000.00 to make it roadworthy for the trip home. I have never sent a part back until this December, I had ordered all new taillights and decided to go to a L.E.D set instead so I returned the set I purchased from Setra in the original unopened packaging. I recieved a credit on my account for the lights minus a 50% restocking fee ($107.00 on a $214.00 purchase). When I called and asked what the restocking fee was I was told "it is up to 20%" and they did not know why she (the girl in parts ) had done that to me but they would have her call me. I never recieved that call so I asked for the taillights back. No response on that either. Be careful when ordering from Setra, once they have your $ they obviously don't like giving it up even if you have been spending money with them for the past 8 years.

HighTechRedneck

Re: Beware of SETRA restocking fees!
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 04:26:55 AM »
Maybe Bryce (Busted Knuckle) can give you some pointers on getting them to do something about it.  They have several in their fleet and have had quite a bit of experience with the Setra people there in NC.

Offline johns4104s

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 04:54:34 AM »
That's very cheap compaired to MCI parts i.e. $30+ for a hub stud, $1400 for a air compressor. I dont know what they charge for restocking.

John

HighTechRedneck

« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 05:10:54 AM »
Yeah restocking fees are common practice on most companies of all kinds.  They are usually in the 15-20 percent range.  50% would be very unusual.  Especially given their own admission that the proper restocking fee is "up to 20%" I wouldn't give up until I had my money.  If you bark loud enough and long enough at the chain of command, I would bet it gets resolved.  If the phone calls cost you money, I wouldn't hesitate to add that to the conversation when talking with management.  Maybe you'll get the whole restocking fee back.

Bryce and I were talking about their Setra's while here at the rally and one comment he made was that while there had been tense moments, in the end "they always resolved things fairly."

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal