Author Topic: Bussin' 10 is almost here  (Read 10797 times)

Offline FloridaCliff

• "The Mighty GMC"
Re: Bussin' 10 is almost here
« Reply #30 on: December 30, 2009, 05:24:54 AM »
it was my first rally and my most memorable one. the highlight to the whole thing was being parked next to NCBob and Floridacliff and their families, what a wonderful introduction to the world of busnuts,

Hey Cody,

That was probably one of the best times I have ever had at Bussin, It took two days for my guts to stop hurting from all the laughing and I really enjoyed the fellowship and all the great "potluck" lunches.

Unfortunately this year, I ended up stealing the days I was going to Bussin to deal with other issues, so I am at work instead of relaxing in Arcadia.   Next year for sure..........

Have FUN everyone.......only two hours away and soooooooo jealous.........

Cliff 

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain

Offline crown

« Reply #31 on: December 30, 2009, 06:07:28 AM »
 wanted to say hi and happy new year to all the great people we meet a bussin 09
john & lidia [ costa rica ] we will miss being there but are planning to be at bussin 11
have lots of fun
john
 57 crown
 costa rica

Offline Kwajdiver

• MCI-9 "Kwaj Diver"
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2009, 01:43:00 PM »
Well, if I can be in Arcadia, at least my bus is.... ;D

My brother took "Kwaj Diver" to Horizon Coach yesterday to put it on their lot for sale.

Hope you having great weather in Arcadia.

Happy New Years,

Bill
Auburndale, Florida
MCI-9
V-6-92 Detroit, Allison 5 spd auto
Kwajalein Atoll, RMI

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2010, 04:09:22 PM »
Quote from: RTS/Daytona
BK
I'm  here at Arcadia - Wife had to work - The pricing here is based on 2 people per coach (Unfortunately it's always been that  - I've come alone but paid for two people 5 years in a row - wife was only able to made it to two rallies -
sooooo
When you get here - look me up - come as my guest (your already paid for) - Plus you can bunk with me - if you don't mind an RTS BUS CONVERSION
You get the coach !!
Pete RTS/Daytona   (I'm park along the outside of the meeting / dining area - only RTS here so far - Dolphins on the side of a Metalic pewter Bus)

Pete thank you so much for the use of you couch/coach. I greatly appreciated it.

Quote from: crown
wanted to say hi and happy new year to all the great people we meet a bussin 09
john & lidia [ costa rica ] we will miss being there but are planning to be at bussin 11
have lots of fun

John & Lidia,
Sorry you and everyone else that couldn't make it, missed it!

This was my first time to Jack & Paula's rally and I had a blast!
I didn't make it out to see near enough of the buses here. I tried but I kept running into folks who knew who I was and never made it past halfway of the first row!

But I met sooooooo many great people and had so much fun, it was just great not to be worrying about anything at all! (no bus problems, no drivers, no wrong parts, or cranky passengers, nothing, just meeting GREAT people seeing great buses and being WARM!

Thanks to Jack, Paula, Pete and everybody for a great time and all the hospitality! ;D
;D  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline buswarrior

• the old one: '75 MC8 with an 8V71 HT740
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2010, 04:20:30 PM »
Another convert to the Arcadia New Year's!

Wish I was there, been watching the pics showing up.

happy coaching!
buswarrior
Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
new project: 1995 MCI 102D3, Cat 3176b, Eaton Autoshift

Offline belfert

« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2010, 06:17:05 PM »
I really want to get there one of these years, but the $1,200 for fuel never seems to materialize.  It costs a ton of money to fly there with hotel and rental car cost.  It is tourist and hoilday season so everything is sky high.

At least by next year I should have working heat.
Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN

Offline buswarrior

• the old one: '75 MC8 with an 8V71 HT740
« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2010, 06:21:16 PM »
$1200 divided by 50 weeks....

$24 a week...

no more eating out should do it?

happy coaching!
buswarrior
Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
new project: 1995 MCI 102D3, Cat 3176b, Eaton Autoshift

Offline NewbeeMC9

• NewbeeMC9
  • 1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2010, 04:43:00 AM »

I see the Airstream was parked where you couldn't see it from the road ;D
It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. ;)

Offline belfert

« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2010, 05:59:18 AM »
$1200 divided by 50 weeks....

$24 a week...

no more eating out should do it?

I don't eat out, don't smoke, don't drink coffee nor alcohol.  Most of the things that all the money experts say are little things that can be cut to save money I already don't spend money on.  If I spent less money on the bus I could probably do it.

I just have to make it a priority.  I'll have to see if can the time off time.  My co-worker often takes time off between Christmas and New Year's.
Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN

Offline kyle4501

• NEWELL in South Carolina
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2010, 07:25:13 AM »

Yeah, but I got to park next to a very nice Eagle, close to Pat's slightly modified Scenicruiser too!  ;D ;D ;D
Pat shared some interesting tips too . . .

Also parked nearby was Lou & Renea's Neoplan Spaceliner - I was fortunate enough to get to meet them too, so, I had the best parking spot I could have hoped for!  ;D
Life is all about finding people who are your kind of crazy

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please (Mark Twain)

Education costs money.  But then so does ignorance. (Sir Claus Moser)

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2010, 06:11:22 AM »

Actually it was parked closer to the road than most, and farther away from the main pavilion than any! ;D (I thought they hid it down there so it would blend in with the couple of left over FEMA trailers! ;D
But in all honesty it didn't matter what you used to get there in, or slept in. It was the fact that you made it there that mattered the most! There were all kinds of coaches in all stages from still having seats, stripped out, to fully converted, and loads of great people from every walk of life imaginable there! So next year BE THERE or be square!  I think they should put the bbs on hold during the rally next year and make it a one way live feed to what is happening there so people can see what they are missing! ;D
;D  BK  ;D
;D  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal