Author Topic: Need lots of advice on heading to Quartzite.  (Read 12879 times)

Offline luvrbus

Re: Need lots of advice on heading to Quartzite.
« Reply #30 on: December 28, 2009, 10:50:09 AM »
You have a way with words Bob LOL I wanted up by the big tent so I could walk across the gully and they didn't want me there so I didn't give up.
I really wanted in the singles section with all the lonely females but that was not a option for Sonja

good luck
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline Christyhicks

• 1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2009, 11:16:05 AM »
While a Damn Yankee is one who comes down and refuses to go home! BK  

Well, crap, that's ME too!!! Course, after this week, I thought I was back in MN anyway, ha ha.

We're trying our best to get down there the weekend of the 15th. . . depending on the office help, whether we'll be able to move the snowdrifts enough to get the bus out, etc.  

so I wonder how they deal with those worthless "late-comers" who want to show up at a rally but didn't register in time???  ;) Tar and feathers???  :o Park back in the sand dunes? :P  Christy
If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2009, 11:43:39 AM »
Christy, I am trying to find out some information about late arrivals I think the only problem will be about the food for everyone Larry was trying to plan for the dinner, you pay your parking to the owner of the lot and I am almost positive you can pay the rally fee on arrival but not for sure.
Maybe someone that has Larry's phone # could help us clarify it.
 I need little help here too guys I have people that want to attend but have not registered yet and they don't care about the dinner only the rally.
For those arriving early and need a place to park some of us will be at the east end of town on the southside of I 10 at the very end of the pavement just look for the buses

thanks and safe travels

Offline Van

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2009, 12:20:17 PM »
Could you guys turn on the runway/taxi lights? we'll be in some time after dark Thurs night.
 We are registered ;D
B&B CoachWorks
Bus Shop Mafia.

Offline Christyhicks

« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2009, 12:57:24 PM »
Shoot, we don't need to be fed. . .we've been eating too much lately anyway. . in fact, I told Larry that I sure needed to get on the treadmill or something before we leave after all this Christmas munching or he'll have to put even MORE fuel in to haul my lard-butt out there!

Hey, Cliff, I p.m.'d you about a different issue. . .can you check your messages when you get time??? Thanks, Christy
If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!

PSmith

« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2009, 02:53:32 PM »
I may be tuned to the wrong station here !   Have I stumbled onto a 'rally' or 'group' that is expecting a registration or ? :o

Christy, I am trying to find out some information about late arrivals I think the only problem will be about the food for everyone Larry was trying to plan for the dinner, you pay your parking to the owner of the lot and I am almost positive you can pay the rally fee on arrival but not for sure.
Maybe someone that has Larry's phone # could help us clarify it.
 I need little help here too guys I have people that want to attend but have not registered yet and they don't care about the dinner only the rally.

Ooops.  I somehow thought that this was just open camping with a fee (Rice Ranch) for being there.

I'm not a member of any group or organization.

I was just going to show up at Rice Ranch and do some relaxing, socializing and check out the RV stuff.
Please correct me.   

Phil in Prescott

Offline Eagle Andy

• Cowboy Coach
  • 1968 Silver Eagle # 7481
« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2009, 03:02:09 PM »
Hey Phil , Welcome You can just show up and hang out, There is a joint Eagle , GMC, Felxable rally going on at that time and the is or was pre reg for the dinner on friday nite. So don't let that stop you from coming and enjoying the maddness lol. Iam going for the first time and Iam sure there will be more info forth coming.  Again Welcome to the Bus nut Farm  ;D
1968 Model 05 Eagle # 7481 Miles City MT

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #37 on: December 28, 2009, 03:36:33 PM »
Phil, the 20 bucks fee gets into the rally area and the rally parking area plus stale donuts and bad coffee we don't have all of Rice Ranch only 4 acres.
Rice Ranch will still have plenty of parking for other RV's so if I don't get answers my friends are going to park in general area and come visit can't be far as I am told they will use the same gate and just cost a few bucks more a day without belonging to the clubs.
So bring it on 2 of my friends are coming from Prescott Valley and they don't have reservations but would like to pay and attend the rally for the entertainment provided by 2 members of this board but cannot make the Jan 01 deadline.
And to be truthful I forgot to mail mine till this came up I maybe in the general area also LOL 

good luck

Offline Christyhicks

« Reply #38 on: December 28, 2009, 06:03:55 PM »
So, I'm still trying to figure out the camping situation a little better.  We have some friends who just got out there who have had a hard time finding any parks with hookups that don't require an entire month's rent.  They found some places that charge you to park and really don't offer hookups or anything, so I'm not sure if I'd want to pay to boondock if they have limitations on running the genny too.  Wouldn't it be better just to find a spot out in the sand then?

I'm assuming it will be cool enough we don't need a/c, but we've really not run strickly off batteries for very long, so not sure how long we could wing it without power.  Water and sewer . .. shoot, a week would be no problem.

I looked up Rice Ranch but really couldn't find anything about camping there.  Still dazed and confused.  Christy Hicks

Offline Melbo

• MC8 under construction
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2009, 06:16:56 PM »
Christy

Don't talk about dazed and confused or you will end up in the WRONG section of Quartzite.

We are the bus nuts.

Melbo
If it won't go FORCE it ---- if it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway
Albuquerque, NM   MC8 L10 Cummins ZF

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2009, 06:47:02 PM »
Christy, have them try B10, Wagon Wheel and Wells they rent by the night last year the Wells was 15 bucks a night.
They may have a problem renting space from the 15th to the 25th those dates are filled most of the time at all campgrounds with full hookups.
Plenty of dry camping for free I don't pay for dry camping, so much open area generators are not a problem some run those puppies 20hrs a day along with those stupid wind mills, generators are quite compared to those.We will leave the light on for you at the East end of town

good luck

Offline usbusin

• '60 PD4104-4355 (sold) and '01 Freightliner (sold)
« Reply #41 on: December 28, 2009, 08:12:10 PM »
Christy,

Don't sweat about going to Quartzsite, also know as "Q".  We have been going there and all over Arizona since 1985.  January is the busiest month there, but it is a big area with virtually unlimited camping.

Here is the URL for Quartzsite, AZ Google maps   http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

If this doesn't work, just Google Quartzsite, AZ in the "search Maps section".  Look at Q in the Satellite map.  It'll give you an idea of what the area looks like.

Rice Ranch is in the Southeast corner of the intersection of I10 and US95.  Between Kuehn Street and I10.

If you go east on Kuehn Street it turns into Dome Rock Road.  There is mucho free camping out there.

As you go South of I10 on US95 there is BLM camping on both sides of US95.

If you go North on US95, north of I10 and go out of town about 2-3 miles there is many square miles of BLM camping.

On January 10th through the 18th we will be in the BLM on Plamosa Road.  This is about 5 miles north of Q and Plamosa Road goes toward Bouse, Arizona.  Very nice dry camping out there and a little quieter.

Make sure you have a meal at Sweet Darlene's on the frontage road on the North side of the freeway I10 and just West of Exit 19.  It is a Q experience.  The "sticky buns" are wonderful.

What I'm saying is don't sweat it and have fun.  That's what this life-style is all about.
Gary D

USBUSIN was our 1960 PD4104 for 16 years (150,000 miles)
USTRUCKIN was our 2001 Freightliner Truck Conversion for 19 years (135,000 miles)
We are busless and truckless after 35 years of traveling

Offline Christyhicks

« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2009, 06:35:33 PM »
OK, Sweet Darlenes. . . sticky buns. . . got it! :D :D  Whoops, I really did read the rest of your post. . . it's just natural that the sticky buns got my attention QUICKLY, ha ha.

I don't really know how long our batteries will last, so we're still debating the hookups/boondocking choice.

I have a Alltel/Verizon air card. .. .I'm assuming it will work ok there?  I will ahve to stay in touch with the office sicne, ahem, poor Becky will be trying to keep things together by herself, which is a challenge for those of us who have been doing it a HECK of a lot longer than she has.

Depending on schedule, if we can peel out of here by the 13th, we'll be SOOOO happy, but this @*(&@*)&#$*(#@ >:( >:( snow that's falling AGAIN is trying to keep us Oklahoma-bound!  I'm figuring maybe we'll be gone about three weeks or so. .  going to depend on the state of things back home.  Maybe next year we can plan to be gone longer. . . don't want to scare Becky away too soon! ;) :D

I feel like 1/2 of the board and busnuts we know must be going out there. . how in the WORLD are we going to connect with everyone and thank them for all the fun and help we've received on this board!!!!!  Christy

Offline usbusin

• '60 PD4104-4355 (sold) and '01 Freightliner (sold)
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2009, 06:59:26 PM »
Here ya go, Christy.  Sweet Darlene's   http://www.columbinerosebud.com/sweetdarlenes.php
Gary D

USBUSIN was our 1960 PD4104 for 16 years (150,000 miles)
USTRUCKIN was our 2001 Freightliner Truck Conversion for 19 years (135,000 miles)
We are busless and truckless after 35 years of traveling

Offline pvcces

« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2009, 09:44:16 PM »
Christy, I'm not sure how you are set up or how much power you will need, but don't forget buddy plugging. That might be a good option. There should be plenty of generator power to go around.

There are a lot of goods and services available at reasonable prices, as well. No need to worry, as long as you can find your way out of that snowdrift.

I don't know why you're worrying; we're thinking that we might be able to attend and we live in Alaska!!

Take care.

Tom Caffrey
Tom Caffrey PD4106-2576
Suncatcher
Ketchikan, Alaska

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal