Author Topic: Would love to do a bus, but don't understand re-skinning the outside... HELP!  (Read 3292 times)

Offline suds1421

Okay everyone, I am a woodworker/carpenter at heart. I would love to do a bus conversion and put my woodworking skills to work at decking out the inside. I have done tons of remodeling jobs and am very good at seeing how projects will look when completed. I have no qualms about finishing out the inside, I know I could do it and do it very well....

My problem is this, I don't want it took look like a bus with the shiney metal sides. I know many people like it, but I just don't. I would want to take out all of the windows and re-install working RV windows.

So how does the process go to "recover" the outside of the RV so that graphics or paint can be put on?

Offline suds1421

Offline Brian Diehl

• www.brihil.com
Also, check out my website for pictures and some details of how I did my bus:

http://home.earthlink.net/~diehls0792

Offline ChuckMC8

• 1977 MC8 and 1993 102C3 Temple Ga #322 F&AM
sudz- click on my name on the left and you can see how mine is done. In the big scheme of things, it takes a long time and a lot of work to re-side it right, then its a lot more trouble and $$$ to paint. I'm happy with how it turned out, but I like the stainless siding just as well-I'd be happy to share some tips and such if you want to contact me via email-

Here's a photo of one of my favorite MCI's......I made this picture at the Conyers Ga. Bus Rally earlier this year. I think this design combines great elements of the SS siding, plus cool graphics.
Any excuse to post a neat bus pic!
Far better is it to dare mighty things,to win glorious triumphs,even though they may be checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much,because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.  Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal