Author Topic: Red Bluff Eagle  (Read 8158 times)

Offline DaveG

Re: Red Bluff Eagle
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2010, 05:33:30 PM »
I actually thought that the exterior pictures made the bus look pretty good...made me wonder if they were current or older pictures.

Offline JohnEd

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2010, 05:34:10 PM »
Cliff,

What would be the upside downside of a boggie vs tag for an Eagle?

John
"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla

Offline Dreamscape

• Dreamscape
  • Global Moderator
  • 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V92T Allison 740 #7443
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2010, 08:14:45 PM »
I'll put my money on it's an 01.

I've heard the tag has a better ride, but that's always subject to ones point of view! ::) It also provides for a shorter turning radius. I've never ridden in anything other than our 01 so can't give an honest comparison.

Paul

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.

Offline niles500

• Niles500
  • ROSIE
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2010, 12:09:13 AM »
No Drop box in an '01 - FWIW
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles

Offline JohnEd

« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2010, 01:30:31 PM »
Did anyone EVER succeed in contacting this guy?  Learned what?  Unless you are bidding or something, of course.

Thanks,

John
"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla

Offline DaveG

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2010, 11:08:41 AM »
Tried to call this guy this morning and he answered his phone. Still for sale, sounds like it is parked in a trailer park and he is currently living in it. It is a 1966 and he has owned it for 3-1/2 years. Pictures were taken from a cell phone to post on C/L.

Offline Timkar

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2010, 07:43:33 PM »
Thanks for the update Dave...Let us know what you find if you go for a look  ;) ;)
Cawston, British Columbia

Offline DaveG

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2010, 05:56:48 PM »
Well I finally got down there and met up with the owner, Chris Chapman. He bought it about 3 years ago or so and has driven it around locally a few times and now is selling. Currently living in it. Probably needs to be redone inside, but like he says, it is what it is for the year. Outside is pretty straight down the sides. Front wheels are polished, rear/tag are steel, but all the Michelin tires are dry rotted. 8V71 fired right up. Some of the 1"x1" steel tubing is rusted, and there is rust around the windshield, etc but the sides looked straight. Rear cap has a big window in the back! Probably average condition for the year. Lots of the air/water/oil Aeroquip lines/hoses in the engine compartment have the cloth cover coming off, so probably hard as a rock and would all need to be replaced. Anyway, his contact number is (530) 736-2156. Serial #6882, I think he'll take $7,500

Offline Timkar

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2010, 07:31:19 PM »
Thanks for the update Dave  :) :) :)
Cawston, British Columbia

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal