Author Topic: Arcadia Rally Bussin' 2010 Videos (7)  (Read 23192 times)

Offline uncle ned

• Visit: Busconversionstuff.com
Re: Arcadia Rally Bussin' 2010 Videos (7)
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2010, 07:14:32 AM »

Yes Kyle and I am your no 1 helper

uncle ned
4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear

Offline kyle4501

• NEWELL in South Carolina
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2010, 07:19:48 AM »
I've always heard that if you are good at something, stick with it.  8)

If practice makes perfect, I'm working on perfection  ;D

Looking forward to seeing you at an upcoming rally!
Life is all about finding people who are your kind of crazy

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please (Mark Twain)

Education costs money.  But then so does ignorance. (Sir Claus Moser)

Offline uncle ned

« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2010, 07:32:00 AM »

I am planning on being there.  Just hope I don't have as much trouble getting there as before.

Maybe if I don't see Cody and the real BK before I wont' have any problem getting there.

And if i come from the east instead of the west it will help.

ned
4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear

cody

« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2010, 08:52:28 AM »
Gee ned and to think me and BK resisted the urge to be sitting there with red suits on when you woke up lol.  Hey, gary, when your ready to do the interior give me a yell, but I gotta tell you that 2x12's for reinforcement to hold the sink may be a bit much lol.

Offline uncle ned

« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2010, 09:12:53 AM »

Might not have been the days that I spent with BK and Cody that was the problem, maybe it was all that artery stopping food from eating at the tossed roll place. But boy was it good .

uncle ned
4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear

cody

« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2010, 09:16:11 AM »
I know, we'll blame libby lol.

Offline uncle ned

« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2010, 09:32:24 AM »

Cody  I don't think I can really blame anyone.  It was a great week before visiting with a great bunch.

Look forward to seeing every one at kyles  and getting a lot of gossip " infomation gathering" done.

ned
4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear

Offline kyle4501

• NEWELL in South Carolina
« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2010, 09:57:21 AM »
Ned,
Looking forward to a mosquito free environment after your arrival!  ;D

What day are you planning to arrive- I need to make sure I get to park close, 'cause I don't want to be late for Wilma's cooking.  8)
Life is all about finding people who are your kind of crazy

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please (Mark Twain)

Education costs money.  But then so does ignorance. (Sir Claus Moser)

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2010, 10:21:40 AM »
Gee ned and to think me and BK resisted the urge to be sitting there with red suits on when you woke up lol.  Hey, gary, when your ready to do the interior give me a yell, but I gotta tell you that 2x12's for reinforcement to hold the sink may be a bit much lol.

Ya Cody see the gratitude some folks show for waking up to see 2 little angels sitting by their bed when they wake up? ;) (we still love ya Uncle Ned! ;D)

Cody I think the 2"X12"s under the sink will be fine! And I also believe the 4"X8"s for the walls will be perfect along with the 1/2" thick stainless steel skins! ;)
;D  BK  ;D  (the politically incorrect busnut! ;) )
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline Gary LaBombard

• "Rustless Money Pit"
    • "Inspection & Repair Guide for Bus Conversions"
« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2010, 12:49:16 PM »
Ok, Ok everybody, here is the very last, I promise at least this week information on steadycam stuff.  The one I made yesterday worked ok but my wife pointed out, (I hate when they do that and are right, but she was).  What she was right at was she saw at Target a single pole called the (camcorder Monopod).  What it is is one single adjustable length of rod that has a pointed pivot on the bottom of the leg that can be secured to the ground for support. 

The legs of it are retractable from 5ft. 5 inch down to 21 inches!!!!  Very light, might experiment a LITTLE later on with this but I went to Target as she suggested and bought this contraption knowing it would not work.   Right!!  Well I am very satisfied with it, and am letting you all know as an amateur I am satisfied and will scrap all other fixtures etc,  Simple, you bet it is!!  I said simplicity is best and here you go.

you want to video at, attach your camera securely, extend only two of the 3 extI am enclosing a Video for you to see it, for the cost it is not worth trying to reinvent.  $15 cost for goodness sake and no problems with figuring out how to collapse it down etc.  Here is what I do recommend if you get one, and you will like using it much more than free hand and it requires so little storage room in your conversion.   

suggestions for this monopod:

1)  Listen to your wife at times, you may save yourself a lot of grief down the road.  God I hate it when she's right.

2) when you reach a rally or what ever that you want to video tape extend down two of the monopod leg extensions only.

3) The reason for extending only 2 leg extensions is to prevent you kicking the monopod leg as you walk and having the two leg extensions down of the monopod down is sufficient height to use as a more stable fixture to take long range video shots etc. as you will see in my video.

4)  Using only 2 extensions of the monopod, hold the monopod and camera assembled in your left or right hand in the horizontal position. Find the exact center of the monopod with the camera attached.  Make a mental note this location, slide the foam hand hold fixture on the main body of the monopod and slide it down to center where you believe dead center balance of this monopod is with the camera attached.  Fine tun it up or down slowly to find true center of balance.  This is important and now the center will permanently located and using only two of the extensions extended of the monopod down, you are ready to go at any time. 

when you video tape as long as I or Manny do, you get tired and controlling the weight is important.  Rather than spend thousands for a body support fixture, I would rather spend $14.99 and get satisfactory results that would satisfy me.

I am all done, all done fabricating, testing etc.  This will work good for you all and you will have better control of your camera.  My Sony has a 60 zoom lens.  I do not believe this is necessary as at full extension of the zoom the camera is real sensitive to movement, it is shaky etc.  I believe a 40 zoom would be great but what do I know.  I always get bigger, at most things.  Hehe.
60 would probably be alright with a tripod but how many use a tripod and why would you want something distorted at that distance anyhow.  The only thing I can think of I would want to video at that distance would be a shuttle launch at Cape Canaveral. 

Well here is video, I will post on two other boards as well. 

Gary.

[IMG]http://i6
Gary

Offline Gary LaBombard

• "Rustless Money Pit"
« Reply #55 on: February 11, 2010, 03:24:12 PM »
Manny,

Well that nice Sony Video Camera, 60 gig. hd I bought about 15 days ago went back to Target Store today.  The camera works really good, picks up sound etc. and is clear as a bell.  The problem for ME, was using the download softwear in my computer after.  None of my programs for editing etc. of my video's would work easily with the Sony camera softwear for downloading etc.  I made a couple of video's that are processed good enough for the bb'ds so far but man it was not easy to do.  If you do not do it daily you can sure forget how to manipulate your programs to talk to Sony.

Today I was trying to download videos I had taken today of the front end of my bus to get used to doing this now in the future instead of still photo's and the Sony Camcorder recorded real good.  I was able to view it real good in my computer but trying to post it to photobucket after making a video was a real treat.  I want you to know that I have made over 40 videos so far for youtube and webshots with my old camera and had no problems.  It was a Sony too by the way, but over 15 years old or there bouts.

The salesperson at Target today agreed that Sony is the most difficult softwear to work with for amateurs Like Me, and agreed I should get a less complicated softwear recognized camera that is user friendly and so I did.  With the salesperson's help It was a choice between a Cannon or JVC and I choose the JVC Everios, model (GZ-MS120) from Sam's Club for ($228). The sales person at target suggested this for me but target only had a display model and none in the back for sale??  The camera is on charge this moment.  I have 90 days to return if it does not work as I need or it is too difficult to use etc.   I am not a real techy nerd by any means, simplicity is always, always best for me.  I do not like in any way hi-tech challenges that can take a lot of time to figure out how to (manipulate) or what ever it is you have to do electronic wise.  I still have a old VCR, about 20 years old I would guess, it is still flashing 12:oo.

I am just making you aware of this Manny if you do not like hi-tech challenges on your own because you indicated you wanted to get a camera similar to my Sony I had bought.  I will definitely give you more information hopefully by tomorrow on the JVC etc. Be sure to research with other Sony Camera owners to the validity of my information before making up your mind to purchase or not a Sony.  

I know lots of you with more intelligence than I would like to conquer this as a challenge, me I am tired of challenges after fighting with Rust for 7 years and trying to figure out how to remove it and prevent it in the future.  

Now this is only intended for those of you whom may be like me, I have several book for (HOW TO FOR DUMMIES). and they sure help me get where I want to be.

Until Later on the JVC test,
Gary
Gary

Offline Gary LaBombard

• "Rustless Money Pit"
« Reply #56 on: February 18, 2010, 01:45:04 PM »
OK, OK, here I am again, I believe breaking my promise above but technically not really as this information is intended for camcorder use.  

This information will probably as usual quite lengthy so If I bore you as probably usual just go on to another subject.  To begin with that new camera I bought from Sam's in exchange for the Sonny I first bought had to be replaced also!!!  I know, but this is what happened.  I bought this camera (JVC-GZ0MS120), brought it home, read about 60 pages of their stupid instruction book while the camera charged up.  Man I was excited and anxious, got rid of the troublesome Sony etc. and got another one cheaper at that.  Well,  That didn't work out so good.  I took about 20 minutes of video outside in our only snow storm this year as it was pretty.  Well I did all I was supposed to and tried using the JVC softwear to edit etc. but that did not work out too well.  This softwear that comes with cameras is basic and you have to get other to work right.

I am getting ahead of myself here.  Anyhow, I downloaded my video into my computer and tried to make a quick video just to check out what in hell I am doing.  Well the video was grainy and I was disappointed and tried to figure out what was wrong as the video was not sharp and clear like expected.  I just knew these new cameras were all High Definition.  WRONG!!  I got pissed and more pissed, what is wrong with my new camera and as I studied it I did not see in the directions or on the camera any word (Digital, or High Definition)!!  For gods sake I got snookered again with all my excitement.  I did it myself but remember, I never said I was the sharpest knife in my mama's kitchen.  

So after packing up everything, I went back with my tailbone between my legs.  Asked for a refund as Sam's did not have a High Def. Camera to view or buy!!??  Good Grief.

Well we left and headed for Best Buy, AGAIN.  On the way my wife suggested we go to HHGREDD dept. store and as usual I figured what does she know, they only sell stoves etc.  WRONG!!  She was right again after I turned around to go to that store to prove I was right!!  HEHE  She still laughs when I screw up knowing it all.  Well as soon as we went in the store we spotted cameras, lots of them and the one I returned to Sam's that cost $218 was on sale at HHGREGG for $145.  It was not digital remember though.

We looked at all the camera and settled again on JVC as they just look good.  This time we made sure they were HD or Digital on the camera.  We saw one that really hit us with the price as it normally sells for $599.99 and was on sale for $379.  How come??  Well the salesperson let us know under his breath that the new 2010 models were coming out in mid March and would cost about $100 more than the one in our hand at it's regular price.  So it will be about $700 for a newer camera and this was on sale to clear out stock  

We took a shot at it and have been very very pleased so far, my first video using new softwear also is now on youtube and I will post that here shortly.  I played with the camera and the JVC softwear but even the newer better camera has sucky softwear to use.  I decided to go get something I needed as my computer would show great clear videos like I wanted but downloading them on to youtube made the videos look like heat waves etc. and were not clear at all and pissed me off.  Well, the program I used to make a video, Microsoft Movie maker did not recognize (HD or Digital) junk or what ever.  

I went to Best Buy and one of those young knowitalls let me now what I needed that little twerp!!  It was a she but she knew her stuff.  She had me get the program (Pinnacle Studio HD, 14).  Now I had to learn how to use ANOTHER program with my camera.  But to my credit, I was able to figure out how to make a simple video with a very few edits needed so far but this program has a lot you can do.  It is probably the beginner version as there is many different upgrades offered but this works good for us older folks, right now anyhow.  

I am so darn pleased with my camera and knowing how to make my softwear work well with it and wanted to pass this on to anyone like MANNY wanting a new camera this Xmas to see about a JVC or similar camera and be sure to get one that is labeled (High Definition, HD) you will not be satisfied with analog anymore, believe me.  

I have a little bad news concerning me, I need another back surgery to be done on March 25, 2010 and will be laid up AGAIN for over 3 months this time as this surgery is more serious.  My back is getting worse per day that passes and I have scheduled my surgery so that I can attend the rallies at Santee and at Palmetto cove with the SouthEast Busnuts in April.  I am not sure what use I will be but I plan to be there.  I am really disappointed again to endure this but do not know what else to do.  I hate losing nearly 6 months all together on the Eagle and most of it in the nice weather but I got no choice.  

what I plan to do in that time is convert many of my webshots files into videos and practice with my new camera and get the softwear simplified for me to use.  I will document this softwear in my simplified version to assist any one needing this information or to encourage newbies to think of getting this softwear and to save them grief my information may help them.  I will not cover every aspect of this softwear but you will be light years ahead if I make it easier to understand as you know what it is like to learn from these useless manuals you get with it.

I will post this with information that is trying to be gathered for busnuts to download in an earlier post and be documented to this bb'd and others interested.  

Anyhow this is the dilemma concerning my purchase of 3 camcorders and I hope I have assisted you in keeping in mind, Listen to your wife, take your time and research on the web for information from disgrunted buyers of products before purchasing.  I got to listen to my own advise here!!!!!

Anyhow here is the video which is on youtube and I may have to post the web link for you to see but will try to also post directly on this bb'd the actual video.  Good luck to you all, sorry for the lengthy post, can you imagine me being on like for 3 months starting the end of March, Phew!!!

Note the movie is still processing at 5:30 PM, wait till after 6PM to view to see the quality, I hope of this camera and video.
Gotta go to a meeting now.  Sorry for length os post as usual.

I just went to check on this link above and it does not look as clear as It should but it is not done processing yet either my window said. I will check later this evening when we get back.  Hope it looks good here. Need to go.

Gary

"Gary Lee 1945 JVC Camcorder Test, (GZ-HD300) and use of Pinnacle 14 Studio HD softwear.mpg

Gary

Offline Gary LaBombard

• "Rustless Money Pit"
« Reply #57 on: February 18, 2010, 07:35:35 PM »
The above video has been resubmitted as the original would not load properly, I used AOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Anyhow it works now so you can click on it.
Sorry for any inconvenience.
Gary
Gary

Offline BusCrazyinFL

« Reply #58 on: December 21, 2010, 04:40:15 PM »
For those new bus nuts - this is just a taste of what you can expect at the Arcadia Rally (a little teaser). Hope to see you there!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal