Author Topic: Arcadia Rally Bussin' 2010 Videos (7)  (Read 23229 times)

Offline BusCrazyinFL

Arcadia Rally Bussin' 2010 Videos (7)
« on: January 09, 2010, 06:12:30 PM »
Ok, here is the video from this year's Arcadia Rally - Bussin' 2010. My son helped me to get this posted on You Tube. It is broken up into seven video clips. He didn't realize this year's rally was actually 2010 and had already named it 2009, but no biggie. This is the video as I recorded it. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to edit or add music. I tried to minimize the wind noise, but wasn't very successful, so just turn your volume down if it annoys you. One day I'll have a better video camera and will be able to do a better job, but for now, at least you can get a glimpse of what went on.

Bus Rally Arcadia 2009 Part 1 of 7

Bus Rally Arcadia 2009 Part 2 of 7

Bus Rally Arcadia 2009 Part 3 of 7

Bus Rally Arcadia 2009 Part 4 of 7

Bus Rally Arcadia 2009 Part 5 of 7

Bus Rally Arcadia 2009 Part 6 of 7

Bus Rally Arcadia 2009 Part 7 of 7

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
Re: Arcadia Rally Bussin' 2010 Videos (7)
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 10:39:22 PM »
Hey Manny nice job on the videos! Makes me wish I had been there! ;D
;D  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline BusCrazyinFL

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2010, 08:52:32 AM »
Thanks BK. I wish you had been there when I was taping, too, then we would have had another nice BUS on this video. Glad I got to meet you, though, and there is always next year...

Offline Gary LaBombard

• "Rustless Money Pit"
    • "Inspection & Repair Guide for Bus Conversions"
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2010, 09:15:13 AM »
Manny,
I have truly been replaced.   You did an exceptional job on these video's and I am sure everyone got to see their bus on them.  I doubt you missed one bus in your documentation. This took a long time to record and produce, I know and appreciate what you did here for us all. These video's are as close to actually being there as you could get. The sound quality was good, no need for any changes, way to original to what is really there when you go.  

Thanks again Manny & Darlene. You did good.  8)
Gary
Gary

Offline Van

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 09:27:42 AM »
Thanks Manny,especially noteworthy was your attempt at steady cam filming,very nice indeed! :) Great footage! Video lives! ;D
  Keep up the good work, I will attempt the same at the Q rally.V
B&B CoachWorks
Bus Shop Mafia.

Offline Dreamscape

• Dreamscape
  • Global Moderator
  • 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V92T Allison 740 #7443
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 09:37:31 AM »
Thanks Manny,especially noteworthy was your attempt at steady cam filming,very nice indeed! :) Great footage! Video lives! ;D
  Keep up the good work, I will attempt the same at the Q rally.V

We're going to hold you to it Van!

Manny did a wonderful job! I had to put my bib on due to all the drooling!

It was nice to see some familiar faces in the crowd, and a few familiar buses too! It's hard to pick out a favorite vid as they were all done very well!

Paul

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.

Offline James77MCI8

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 10:30:08 AM »
Nice job. Made me feel "almost " there!
77 MCI 8
8V-71 4 spd

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 10:41:24 AM »
Quote from: Gary LaBombard
Manny,
I have truly been replaced.
Gary

Gary, I doubt it! While Manny did an excellant job, you don't get out of it that easy! ;D (at least until you get that Eagle on the road, then we may excuse you while yer making miles of smiles! ;D)

You did an exceptional job on these video's and I am sure everyone got to see their bus on them.  I doubt you missed one bus in your documentation.
Gary

Again yes he did an awesome job. But a certain lonely only one of it's kind present "off brand" bus was not shown, while it seems that Eagle's received a little extra attention  ;).

This took a long time to record and produce, I know and appreciate what you did here for us all. These video's are as close to actually being there as you could get. The sound quality was good, no need for any changes, way to original to what is really there when you go.  

Thanks again Manny & Darlene. You did good.  8)
Gary

Yes he did great and yes it was great meeting you too! (but I just gotta rib ya a little for omitting the Eagle's baby brother ;))
;D  BK  ;D

PS anyone else but me notice all the ones giving Manny attaboys have Eagles too? ;)
(ok so James77MCI8 slipped his post in here while I was typing! ;D)
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline BusCrazyinFL

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2010, 11:45:02 AM »
Gary, you could never be replaced, but I do appreciate your kind words because I know YOU KNOW the time it takes to capture these pics and videos. 

BK, like I said earlier, I wish you had been there when I worked on the video. I started on it the morning after we arrived because I knew people would be leaving early and I wanted to capture as many buses as I could.  I did pay special attention to the Eagles in my still shots for the Eagle Board (and Gary was kind enough to also post them on this board). My original intention was to catch a pic of each and every bus, but soon after I arrived I was told that there was a photographer on site capturing pictures from this event and I didn't want to duplicate what they were doing.

I did however, shoot each and every bus that was present on Wed. Dec. 30th, for the video.

Offline Van

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2010, 11:51:26 AM »
 On the subject of filming,here is an excellent link to making you own steady cam set up. I did the same thing from stuff laying around the garage,except in addition I added foam grips to the grip areas. Real cool to play around with, ground shots are awesome!
Weekend Project: $14 Video Camera Steadicam
and here's another
Make a $30 steadicam
B&B CoachWorks
Bus Shop Mafia.

Offline Ericbsc

• 73 05
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2010, 12:32:01 PM »
Does anybody know who the tan eagle in vid 5 belongs to? I think Tom H. said it was from NC. Would like to ask him a few questioms about the paint.

Offline BusCrazyinFL

« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2010, 05:42:57 AM »
Ericbsc, the owner of that Eagle is from NC. I had a long talk with him. His name is Arthur. He told me it took him 10 months to paint that Eagle, he did it himself and both sides are identical. This gentleman believe it or not is 70 years old. This Eagle is like a show car - every thing on this Eagle is done to perfection. I'm sure he is going to be at the rally in SC in March, the Arcadia rally was his first trip anywhere.

Offline JackConrad

• Orange Blossom Special II
  • 73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2010, 05:46:36 AM »
Does anybody know who the tan eagle in vid 5 belongs to? I think Tom H. said it was from NC. Would like to ask him a few questioms about the paint.
That is Arthur & Aura Griffiths coach.  That coach exterior is show car status.  They live near Lake Santeetlah, NC.  I don't give out contact information without a person's permission. Drop me an email or PM with your contact information and I will forward that to Arthur.  Jack
Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/

Offline BusCrazyinFL

« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2010, 06:16:13 PM »
Glad for those of you who are enjoying the video. Thanks for the advice, too Van.  My son knows all about those things, in fact he has a degree in Broadcast Programming & Production, but he wasn't there, and neither was his awesome camera. I did try to steady the camera on a pole, but I was walking most of it on very unlevel ground; and the part of the video that seems really shakey, is when I was driving my golf cart AND trying to shoot some footage at the same time, LOL. My wife wanted to help me, but she was back at the bus selling parts so I could fund my brake job  :)   It's funny because as soon as we arrived and I started to unload my bays with the things I brought to sell, people were all over those items, and that continued throughout the time we were there. I couldn't believe all the stuff I was selling, but I sure am thankful.

Offline Gary LaBombard

• "Rustless Money Pit"
    • "Inspection & Repair Guide for Bus Conversions"
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2010, 04:18:58 PM »
Manny,
I just got done viewing all these video's again, for the 4th time by the way of Jack & Paula's  rally at Arcadia.  You did such a good job that it was as if we were there again.  We could not attend this year but these video's are making next year 2011 a priority on our agenda.  Between you and I Manny we will try to have photos & Videos of inside and outside of most buses there, at least those that want to have it done.  Good grief, lets be sure not  to forget Pete.  HEHE Pete, hope your doing well.

If you want to relive this 2010 Arcadia Rally through Manny's eyes take an hour to enjoy these videos again.
Gary
Gary

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal