Author Topic: butt hut?  (Read 8315 times)

Offline belfert

Re: butt hut?
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2010, 04:56:33 PM »
What about the shower and toilet in two seperate compartments with each having a sink?  That way one can be shaving and whatever after showering.  I suppose the shower area might either get too big or too crowded with a sink.

My concern about not having a sink in the same room as the toilet would getting germs on the door handle from dirty hand if one has to use a sink outside the throne room.

My travel trailer had the sink seperate from the shower/toilet.  It also had a sliding door so the door to the toilet/shower area could be left open.  My knees hit the door when on the toilet so I left the toilet area door open when using the facilities and just closed the sliding door instead.
Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN

Offline John316

• MCI 1995 DL3, DD S60, Allison B500.
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2010, 04:58:37 PM »
We have GermX in our throne room, Brian. Works well for us.

God bless,

John
Sold - MCI 1995 DL3. DD S60 with a Allison B500.

Offline belfert

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2010, 05:44:20 PM »
We have GermX in our throne room, Brian. Works well for us.

Personally, I can't stand hand sanitizers.  They make my hands feel slimey.  I always wash my hands with soap and water when I use the toilet unless I have no other choice.  I don't particularly like sunscreen either, but I don't want sunbuun so I use it.

I guess if you don't mind hand sanitizer one could save a lot of space by not having a sink with the toilet. 
Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN

Offline Just Dallas

• Bus Conversion Stuff on a Budget
    • BCS
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2010, 05:49:56 PM »
Removed
I'm just an old chunk of coal... but I'm gonna be a diamond someday.

Offline Lin

• 1965 MC-5a
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2010, 06:24:40 PM »
We like having a full size sink in the bathroom, but one could look for mini sinks too.  These are not vendor links but just give ideas.

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/la/flickr-finds/flickr-findsworlds-smallest-sink-019995

http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/ny/look/look-smallest-sink-002566
You don't have to believe everything you think.

Offline ruthi

« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2010, 05:47:33 AM »
wow Lin, those are really compact.
Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!

Offline gus

« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2010, 04:38:07 PM »
Just put a small piece of toilet paper on the door handle and open.

Sanitizers are doing the same thing that antibiotics have done, making a new generation of  highly resistant monster germs.
PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR

Offline Lin

• 1965 MC-5a
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2010, 05:10:15 PM »
Sorry, but this talk of how to make it from the toilet to a sink while limiting contamination is depressing.  There are marine sinks that are only 11" round.  I bet you could even find or design one that is stowable.  I read an article about testing drinking water served in New York restaurants.  There was a much higher possibility of the presence of fecal chloroforms in the water that was served with a twist of lemon.  Whether is was from the harvest or restaurant employees not washing may not be totally clear, but the point is these bacterias are feisty.  I do not know that basic sanitary facilities are the place to compromise.
You don't have to believe everything you think.

Offline NewbeeMC9

• NewbeeMC9
  • 1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2010, 05:13:42 PM »
Hey Jack,  What do you put in the lower Linen Closet cabinet. Thin Sheets :D,  Or is it just an access panel cover.

Looks good!!!
It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. ;)

Offline JohnEd

« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2010, 05:28:13 PM »
Gus,

The sanitizers have alcohol in them to kill germs.  That won't allow a germ to build up resistance or we would have done ourselves in long ago with wine.  The slimy feeling, unpleasant to me as well, is from the glycerin hand lotion they mix in to make it more attractive.  That evaporates after a minute but I, like you don't like it.  I use it though.  Here, smell my fingers :P :-\ :-[ ;D ;D

The sanitizers at the VA here put out a shot of isopropyl alcohol...straight and simple.  Every Dr. washes their hands prior to leaving, and I mean carefully, and then gets a hit from the hand sanitizer machine on their hands.  They must have a tub of Jergan's somewhere.

I use the stuff every time I pass a machine anywhere.

My 2 centavos

John
"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla

Offline JackConrad

• Orange Blossom Special II
  • 73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2010, 04:58:07 AM »
Hey Jack,  What do you put in the lower Linen Closet cabinet. Thin Sheets :D,  Or is it just an access panel cover.
Looks good!!!

The bottom cabinet is hinged on the bottom and we store spray bottles of cleaner, holding tank chemicals, etc. It is also an access to plumbing, electrical, and ProHeat "stuff".  Jack
Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal