Author Topic: Long Trip Starts Tomorrow  (Read 12941 times)

Offline gus

Long Trip Starts Tomorrow
« on: April 11, 2006, 08:11:45 PM »
Tomorow we depart North Central Arkansas for our annual  Western trip.

We go via OKC, Amarillo, Las Cruces, Tucson, Phoenix,San Diego, Bakersfield, Oregon and on to Seattle.

Return will be via Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota or Colorado, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri and home.

If you see an old 4104 in Trailways colors anywhere along this route toot  the air horn.
PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
Re: Long Trip Starts Tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 08:14:56 PM »
GUS,

Have a wonderful and safe trip.
Keep us posted if you can.
Nick-

Tomorow we depart North Central Arkansas for our annual Western trip.

We go via OKC, Amarillo, Las Cruces, Tucson, Phoenix,San Diego, Bakersfield, Oregon and on to Seattle.

Return will be via Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota or Colorado, Nebraska, Kansas, Missouri and home.

If you see an old 4104 in Trailways colors anywhere along this route toot the air horn.
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 08:51:12 PM »
 ;DYes have a happy and safe trip! ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline RJ

• Vantaré Conversion "Miss Vivian"
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2006, 10:00:51 PM »
Gus -

If you're gonna be coming up 99 from Bakersfield NB to Oregon, give me a holler here in Fresno.  Can easily break from work to get together to share some "bus war stories" over a couple of Pepsis. . .  Or you can overnite out front, neighbors actually get a kick out of my busnut friends who stop in to visit.  Click on my name to the left to find contact info in my profile.
1992 Prevost XL Vantaré Conversion M1001907 8V92T/HT-755 (DDEC/ATEC)
2003 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagon "Towed"
Cheney WA (when home)

Offline mak

• Southern California location
    • www.motorcabin.com
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 07:07:30 AM »
Have a great trip.... and take some pictures of you and your 4104 in each stop and email or send them to Bus Conversions Magazine.(web@busconversions.com)  We would love to see them!Maybe give us some highlights as well. Thanks
I may have started it, but you'll have to finish it!
Located in So CA (Orange County)

Dallas

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 07:33:02 AM »
Gus,
Where at going through Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, or the Dakotas?
I've got friends and family in all those places so if you need help or break down.
If nothing else, you can call me at 843.245.4351 cell, or 843.346.7828 home. We screen calls so leave a message.
Dallas
http://www.busconversionstuff.com/eventpage.html

Offline FloridaCliff

• "The Mighty GMC"
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 11:51:48 AM »
Have fun Gus,

Nothing like firing up that diesel for a road trip.
1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain

Offline Danny

• 87' MCI 102A3 - getting there...
    • Personal Web Page
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2006, 07:37:55 PM »
Gusc,

Wonderful trip - Enjoy every minute ;)

Danny
I have heard it said, "life comes at you fast".  I didn't know it would be in the shape of a bus  :-)

Offline gus

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2006, 11:07:08 AM »
Dallas,

Appreciate your kind offer, thanks.

We're in Green Valley, AZ (Just south of Tucson) now and leave for Sun City West, AZ tomorrow for a couple of days  then on to San Diego, Bakersfield and finally Seattle.

Mike,

The only problems so far have been a leaking rear outside dual valve core and a failed refrig igniter which I replaced with a Dinosaur board. Expensive but with three yr warranty.

Seems the original Norcold unit is a faulty design no longer produced and is warranted for 90 days at the same $130 price as the Dinosaur??

There are some impressive mountain grades on US 60 and 70 through NM! One required second gear for a bit and the one out of Ruidoso South was third gear for about 5 miles.

Temp was in the high nineties through Amarillo and part of NM, not fair for April! AZ and Western NM are much milder, a great trip so far. Will do the pics bit along the way. The Oregon coast should be good for photos.
PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR

Dallas

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2006, 02:59:38 PM »
You'll love the Oregon coast. I grew up 60 miles from the coast in Roseburg and Corvallis. Check out Coos Bay, Yachats, Reedsport, and the 20 Miracle Miles through Seaside and Lincoln City.
Stop at Devils Punch Bowl at one of the little Crab 'POTS' and buy a fresh steamed Dungeness crab, Nothing finer in heaven and earth!
On the way up, if your going through Astoria, I hope you really enjoy the bridge across the Columbia river into Washington.
While in Seattle, Make sure to stop at Pike Place Market, 9 stories above ground, mostly, although it starts on one street and the nith floor is on a street 3 blocks away.
Best fresh seafood in the world there, The Athenian, I think. That's where Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan had dinner in the Movie, "Sleepless in Seattle".
Can you tell I love the West coast?
Wish I were there.
Oh, One more place in Seattle, Make sure you stop at 'Ye Old Curiosity Shop', the kids will love it and it's free, or was.
Send me some fresh Sea Air!
Dallas

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2006, 03:33:56 PM »
You'll love the Oregon coast. I grew up 60 miles from the coast in Roseburg and Corvallis. Check out Coos Bay, Yachats, Reedsport, and the 20 Miracle Miles through Seaside and Lincoln City.
Stop at Devils Punch Bowl at one of the little Crab 'POTS' and buy a fresh steamed Dungeness crab, Nothing finer in heaven and earth!
On the way up, if your going through Astoria, I hope you really enjoy the bridge across the Columbia river into Washington.
While in Seattle, Make sure to stop at Pike Place Market, 9 stories above ground, mostly, although it starts on one street and the nith floor is on a street 3 blocks away.
Best fresh seafood in the world there, The Athenian, I think. That's where Tom Hanks and Meg Ryan had dinner in the Movie, "Sleepless in Seattle".
Can you tell I love the West coast?
Wish I were there.
Oh, One more place in Seattle, Make sure you stop at 'Ye Old Curiosity Shop', the kids will love it and it's free, or was.
Send me some fresh Sea Air!
Dallas
If you grew up in that area you are then probably familiar with Myrtlewood, right? All the interior in DML was in that wood, and not veneer either. The only conversion I ever heard of that was finished in that wood.
Richard
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Dallas

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2006, 03:44:56 PM »
Oh, Yes.
My dad was an inveterate woodworker and gardener.
That man could take a piece of wood, that looked like scrap to me and carve, scrape, chisel, saw plane and generally make the most beautiful items. I've watched him make beautiful carvings from myrtlewood that would take the shape of birds, animals, sea creatures, trees, anything.
as a cabinet maker, he was surpassed by very few, but never took it up for a living.
Sorry for waxing maudlin, dad died in 2001 from parkinsons. It pissed him off that he couldn't control his movements to carve or build.
That's one reason I kept photos of DML all this time. I had hopes of seeing her in person sometime, but then she burned.
Dallsa

If you grew up in that area you are then probably familiar with Myrtlewood, right? All the interior in DML was in that wood, and not veneer either. The only conversion I ever heard of that was finished in that wood.
Richard

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2006, 05:22:54 PM »
Oh, Yes.
My dad was an inveterate woodworker and gardener.
That man could take a piece of wood, that looked like scrap to me and carve, scrape, chisel, saw plane and generally make the most beautiful items. I've watched him make beautiful carvings from myrtlewood that would take the shape of birds, animals, sea creatures, trees, anything.
as a cabinet maker, he was surpassed by very few, but never took it up for a living.
Sorry for waxing maudlin, dad died in 2001 from parkinsons. It pissed him off that he couldn't control his movements to carve or build.
That's one reason I kept photos of DML all this time. I had hopes of seeing her in person sometime, but then she burned.
Dallsa

Richard

Do not give up all hope. Catskinner in Texas purchased the bus and drove her home. Running gear was not damaged. He was going to restore the interior as most of the damage was smoke damage. He ended up selling it to a friend nearby and he stated a long tome ago that his friend was going to complete the restoration. Have not heard anything about it for a couple of years though.
Richard
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Dallas

« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2006, 05:33:17 PM »
Thanks Richard
I'll never own it, but I can dream

Dallas

Offline gus

« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2006, 10:49:28 PM »
I graduated from Albany High School so know well the areas you mentioned. We are stopping there a couple of days to visit old HS friends. Wonderful country.

My son has lived in Seattle for about 15 yrs and we have visited him at least once most of those years. We're looking forward to the rest of the trip.
PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal