Author Topic: Update on Bus  (Read 1559 times)

Offline buddydawg

Update on Bus
« on: January 27, 2010, 05:22:34 AM »
I haven't been around in a while, so here is an update on the bus.

I have alot alot of projects that are in the works for spring.  I am stripping the bus for paint and capping the back. I am really making a push to complete the outside so it will be more presentable and I assume more welcome as I make a few trips this summer.  I am replacing all of the bellows and drive tires as well.  My exhaust is shot and is in need of a complete replacement ( I am gonna need some opinions on this one ) 

I hope to have these projects wrapped up by May, then I can focus on finishing the interior. 

1972 GMC T6H-5308A #024

Brandon Stewart - Martinez, GA

Offline JackConrad

• Orange Blossom Special II
  • 73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida
Re: Update on Bus
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2010, 05:42:02 AM »
Welcome back Brandon.  Just to let you know, the SE Busnuts are having a rally at Palmetto Cove towards the end of April.  I will try to find the exact dates and post them.  We hope to visit John & Lois prior to Palmetto Cove, maybe a small Augusta get together??  Jack
Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/

HighTechRedneck

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2010, 05:42:24 AM »
Brandon, I always thought your bus looked pretty good.  I can't imagine anything but the most high brow resorts turning it away.

Offline buddydawg

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2010, 06:58:03 AM »
Jack

I'd like to make that trip to Palmetto Cove if I have it back together in time.

HTR

It looks good from a distance on the business side, but it needs paint for sure. Plus it would be a big addition to the motivation department.
1972 GMC T6H-5308A #024

Brandon Stewart - Martinez, GA

Offline TomC

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2010, 07:26:26 AM »
One of the many reasons I bought the AMGeneral is that it came standard with up exhaust going through the roof at the rear left.  I like this because I can see the exhaust right out of the pipe from the drivers seat.
I know GMC transits had that option on the left side of the rear window.  Maybe consider doing an up exhaust (not some big ugly trucker style twice pipes, please!).  Good Luck, TomC
Tom & Donna Christman. 1985 Kenworth 40ft Super C with garage. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal