Author Topic: What would you do  (Read 7989 times)

Offline Nellie Wilson

Re: What would you do
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2010, 11:48:46 PM »
Thanks Timkar -

Just saw those photos and... wow! What a gorgeous machine! It's like Busnut104 crawled into my head and snapped photos of my dreams. That bus is what I fantasize mine someday(?) becoming. I cannot imagine why somebody hasn't snapped it up.

Busnut 104, if you're out there, don't you dare tear that bus apart (picture Nellie shaking her finger at you) :). But, seriously, please don't... not just to repower a damn old dump truck you hardly use anyway (from the sound of it).

From a logical standpoint, any decent bus has (all things being equal) the same salvage value. I'm talking factory components - drivetrain, body panels, etc. Sure, the value of add-ons varies from bus to bus but - bottom line - it's nickels on dollars. Even brand-spanking-new 'stuff' is used stuff once it's torn out. Not to mention the hassle of ads, and the BS that goes with selling it piecemeal.

From a purely emotional standpoint:  Don't give me (even more) sleepless nights! I can't bear the thought of your beautiful bus being sent to the scrapper! if I had it, I'd give you the $$ right now - if only to save that bus. Promise you'll do nothing along those lines, at least without talking?

Send me a PM?. Maybe we can come up with some ideas?

Nellie
Had to change a tire... >:(  got to put it on backward... :-\  still trying to fix it on photoshop... ??? ::) ???

Offline busnut104

Re: What would you do
« Reply #31 on: February 03, 2010, 04:26:30 PM »
Well the bus is safe for now, I talked to the shop where my truck is and we are going to take Tom C suggestion and tear her down and see if we think a ring job, and resealing the liners will do the trick, If it does and I should know is a couple of weeks, I'm going to get serious and advertise the bus like some of the suggestions on this post and one of the new post where to sell a bus.   So keep your eyes open and if any one knows some one who want a completely rebuilt bus give me a call. Contact information is on sellabus add or I should be able to be contacted on this board, I visit it a couple times a day, and I probably still will even after I sell the bus, I still love these big machines.    Thanks for all of your input.