Author Topic: How lucky we are  (Read 4598 times)

Offline DrivingMissLazy

How lucky we are
« on: August 01, 2006, 02:46:38 PM »
The Following is an Anonymous Interpretation

Think of it this way. If you live in a good home, have plenty to eat and can read, you are a member of a very select group.

And if you have a good house, food, can read and have a computer, you are among the very elite.

If you woke up this morning with more health than illness---you are more fortunate than the million who will not survive this week.

If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation---you are ahead of 500 million people in the world.

If you can attend a church meeting without fear of harassment, arrest, torture, or death---you are fortunate, more than three billion people in the world can’t.

If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, A roof overhead and a place to sleep---you are richer than 75% of this world.

If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a dish someplace---you are among the top 8% of the world’s wealthy.

If your parents are still alive and still married---you are very rare, even in the United States.

If you hold up your head with a smile on your face and are truly thankful---you are blessed because the majority can, but most do not.

If you can hold someone’s hand, hug them or even touch them on the shoulder---you are blessed because you can offer a healing touch.

If you can read this you are more blessed than over two billion people in the world that cannot read at all.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Offline edvanland

Re: How lucky we are
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 02:53:35 PM »
How true.  We don't stop to think about a lot of those things.  Sort of like the old saying I cried because I had no shoes till I met a man who had no feet.
Thank God we were born or chose to become a American.
ED
MCI 7
Ed Van
MCI 7
Cornville, AZ

Offline FloridaCliff

• "The Mighty GMC"
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 05:01:55 PM »
Richard,

Thanks,

Always good to pause and reflect on our good fortune.

And Ed, absolutely, Thank God I am an American.

Cliff
1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain

Offline LUKE at US COACH

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 05:27:26 PM »
Hi Richard & Folks:

Thanks Richard for the "Wake-up" call.  So often, in general, we take so much for granted.
We are indeed blessed to live in the Richest nation in World!!!  Our Richness comes not from Dollars but from the fact that America is the Melting Pot of World with a population of folks that came here from most Nations of the World.  We have learned to Live together, Work together, and to Share the Wonder of the American Way!!!!

Our Richness comes from the fact that we Care and Share and individually Donate more money here at Home and for causes Overseas and as a Government, than any other Nation in the World!!!!!

In these times of Turmoil, where a bunch of Beasts with Tunnel Vision seek to disrupt Peace-loving peoples all over the World, it is ever so important for us to Keep our Strong Values, Love of our Fellow Man, and continue to live our lives while doing the Best we can for Each Other, as we pass through this Short Journey called "LIFE".

Peace be with each of you and our Families reading tonight, and Happy and SAFE!! Bussin to ALL.

LUKE at US COACH

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 05:41:04 PM »
Thanks LUke. Well said.
Sometimes I get really disgusted when someone with one or two busses and maybe an RV starts complaining about the government we have. It is not perfect but it is sure better than anything found elsewhere in this world. And think how wealthy that person is as compared to the rest of the human population.
Richard
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Offline Hi yo silver

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 06:24:15 PM »
Thanks for the reminder of how fortunate we all are... we can either have a bus, or have the dream of owning a bus, if that's what we choose to do.  ONLY IN AMERICA!
I, for one, wonder how many of our group are proud veterans.  Count me as one, and count me also as being thankful to be a part of a group of bus nuts!
Dennis
Hi Yo Silver!   
Blue Ridge Mountains of VA   Hi Yo Silver! MC9 Gone, not forgotten

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 05:44:05 AM »
Count me as a member of that group, and proud of it.
Richard

Thanks for the reminder of how fortunate we all are... we can either have a bus, or have the dream of owning a bus, if that's what we choose to do.  ONLY IN AMERICA!
I, for one, wonder how many of our group are proud veterans.  Count me as one, and count me also as being thankful to be a part of a group of bus nuts!
Dennis
Hi Yo Silver!   

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal