Author Topic: Prices?  (Read 904 times)

Offline Lazorus

Prices?
« on: February 13, 2010, 11:19:34 PM »
Hi everyone, been lurking for a while now and I am thinking  ???  about getting a bus to convert, probably MCI  bus as it seems like it is easiest to find parts for and they were made in Canada (where I'm from).  I currently have a 5th wheel, but dont like the fact that I cant pull my boat behind it legally, I will be overlength.  We used to have a motorhome (Winnebago 31 ft) but sold it to try the fiver, I dont like it. Anyways, after following the prices of buses since the "economic downturn" they seem to be sliding downwards.  My question is, what would be the average selling price of a 102 D model bus in Canada.  Or if one was available in the US, what would it take to import it to Canada.  I'm sure there are some on the board that have done this?  Thanks in advance
If you don't have time to do it properly the first time, when will you have time to redo it?

Offline JohnEd

Re: Prices?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 12:01:56 AM »
Canada seems to have strict inspection requirements and I think you might be marginally safer dealing with them.  Distress sales are found on both sides of the border and a bus registered in Canada is a cinch to be registrable in Canada.....little joke.  I know that there are some buses that Canada will no longer allow to be imported but MCI isn't it.  I don't think you have any guarantee because it was made "for export".  Lots of Canadians around here though and all seem salt o the earth types.

Good luck,

John
"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal