Author Topic: Camping after Easter  (Read 9089 times)

Offline mak

• Southern California location
    • www.motorcabin.com
Camping after Easter
« on: April 11, 2006, 09:05:59 PM »
I'm taking the Moose Creek Motorcabin out to Leo Carrillo Tuesday after Easter for 3 days. That's 10 milkes north of Malibu (20 miles north of LA), State Beach campground off Pacific Coast HWY in Southern Mexifornia. My wife, my 4 kids and 6 of there friends, the 3 dogs, (The cats, fish and birds are staying home) will be there, feel free to stop by if your crusing by. The hot dogs, taco's,  or burgers or cold cereal, or whatever I have for food your welcome to. We gave up on the beer and wine, makes me feel crappy the next day, so I guess we'll have coffee, water and soft drinks. They have a large day use parking lot as well as the overnight camping. So, where should I post this?
MAK
I may have started it, but you'll have to finish it!
Located in So CA (Orange County)

Offline plyonsMC9

• Global Moderator
  • Big Wheels Turnin'
    • PhilLyons.com
Re: Camping after Easter
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 09:27:18 PM »
Looks like a great place to me Mike.   ;D

Little far for us to drive our Moose bus from Illinois, but it sounds like a great idea.  I know that area, should be a good time for busnuts & family.

Best Regards, Phil
Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9, 1995 MCI DL3-45

Offline TomC

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 11:20:14 PM »
Sounds like fun, but TAD (Tom and Donna) are taking off to Arizona for a 17 day jaunt on Apr 21.  Since I keep my bus in Covina, Leo Carillo is a nice place (if you can find a place to park next to the hill) that is close.  Maybe you'll do it again later in the year.  Have fun-I know I will getting out of Dodge.  Good Luck, TomC
Tom & Donna Christman. 1985 Kenworth 40ft Super C with garage. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.

Offline mak

• Southern California location
    • www.motorcabin.com
Re :AZ Camping after Easter
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 07:02:52 AM »
well, if your going to AZ, stop off at the Grand Canyon Caverns , milepost 115, route 66 between Kingmen and Selgman. (You have to exit I 40 onto route 66 at one of those two cities). Good food, great RV camping, everything you need, if you like quiet. Have fun!
I may have started it, but you'll have to finish it!
Located in So CA (Orange County)

Offline H3Jim

• 1995 Prevost H3-41, series 60, B500 Allison
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 07:52:15 AM »
And MAK, speaking of The Caverns, what happened to the rally this year?  I was planning on going and disappointed that you didn't have it.  Now that would have given you some extra vistors.

I really like this new software, especially the pictures.  Its very nice to see the thumbnails of the buses for each poster!  And searchable archives too!
Jim Stewart
El Cajon, Ca.  (San Diego area)

Travel is more than the seeing of sights, it is a change that goes on, deep  and permanent, in the ideas of living.

Offline bigtim44

• Red buses go faster!
    • big red bus conversion
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 08:29:54 AM »
We would love to be able to escape to the beach,we need a beach fix every year.But work commitments won't release us until the end of August for a big trip,until then we'll make do with long weekend trips to places like Moab (3.5 hrs drive).
Have fun at the beach ;D
Basalt Colorado
1986 TMC 102A3,6V92,Auto 740,conversion in progress.
http://redbusconversion.blogspot.com/

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 09:23:49 AM »
Mike,

Take some pictures for the board, and post them!

How about you put your Moose on Post your Pics Here!!

Have a Fun Trip!!

Nick Badame-
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Offline Ednj

• Ed & Sue Skiba
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2006, 06:15:06 PM »
I'll be heading out to Lancaster , PA friday - Sunday morning.
MCI-9
Sussex county, Delaware.
See my picture's at= http://groups.yahoo.com/group/busshellconverters/
That's Not Oil Dripping under my Bus, It's Sweat from all that Horsepower.
----- This space for rent. -----

Offline Danny

• 87' MCI 102A3 - getting there...
    • Personal Web Page
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2006, 09:19:57 PM »
Camping after Easter will involve a sleeping bag in the back of the bus - seeing that there is not a bed in there yet.  Fake it until you make it   ::)  I will listen to you guys and dream for now.

Danny
I have heard it said, "life comes at you fast".  I didn't know it would be in the shape of a bus  :-)

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2006, 11:10:28 PM »
Camping after Easter will involve a sleeping bag in the back of the bus - seeing that there is not a bed in there yet.  Fake it until you make it   ::)  I will listen to you guys and dream for now.

Danny

Hey Danny nobody says ya can't use as is until ya gets it the way ya wants it! I know If I'm ever close enough to a bus nut gathering you'll see a fully lettered, seated, and video monitor equiped Setra in the crowd!  ;D I got 2 booths in the rear that make excellent beds with an ice chest and an ol' double couch cusion (I keep in a storage compartment just for the cause!), and some sheets an I got a camper! Not too mention sometimes I take naps while the people I take places are doing what ever it is they do! But hey that's the beauty of it. It's yours enjoy it your way! In whatever stage it's in! Now I might not try to use one in the middle of a roof raise, but then again I always have liked convertables! LOL! :D  ;D  8) Knuckle   8)  ;D  :D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline FloridaCliff

• "The Mighty GMC"
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2006, 07:30:24 AM »
Use the Bus at every stage of completion.

We started with sleeping bags and a porta potty :-\ and now we have a lot of half finished stuff and some beds.

My kids want to take the Bus to the grocery store, they love it.

1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal