Author Topic: Uh oh....Fuel pressure issue  (Read 12544 times)

Offline RTS/Daytona

• Pete RTS/Daytona ->'89 TMC 35' 102" 6V92TA 4:10
    • BUS CONVERSION PARTS FOR SALE / PROJECTS
Re: Uh oh....Fuel pressure issue
« Reply #30 on: February 20, 2010, 07:06:40 AM »
call me three eight six - six seven two - zero five seven one

or email me at hawk_ii_mail @ yahoo.com with your phone# and I'll call you (I have unlimited L/D)
If you ain't part of the solution, then you're part of the problem.

Offline buswarrior

• the old one: '75 MC8 with an 8V71 HT740
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2010, 07:12:13 AM »
Yup, all bets are off when you said some DUMB A** thought he knew how to run veggie.

After those easy things listed above, switches and coolant tank, I'd be really suspicious that veggie is plugged up in it, and whatever fuel pressure you were generating was bypassing or not getting through.

Others are smarter than me on this topic, but maybe open a fuel line to an easy to reach injector and then hook up the garden sprayer as noted in Pete's priming directions and see if you get some fuel?

(Great job on that write up Pete, I wouldn't change a word)

Will diesel act as a sufficient solvent on veggie sludge, or will more extensive cleaning be required?

happy coaching!
buswarrior
Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
new project: 1995 MCI 102D3, Cat 3176b, Eaton Autoshift

Offline expressbus

« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2010, 07:29:33 AM »
Second what RTS said about rear start. One more thing, I had a problem with the rear start switch. I toggled it down to rear start to work on some other problem. Solved it, returned the rear start to the run position, and dang thing would not turn over from the ignition key. Turns out these switches are so seldom used that simply going from run to rear and back can actually lose the electrical connection to start from the ignition key. Cheap but possibly temporary solution for me was to vigoriously exercise the toggle going from run to rear and back severasl times very fast. Kinda like, Take That, Take That ... You get the point.

As for the veggie oil, never tried it don't plan on doing it. Heck, I have not even tried bio and am not thinking on doing that either.

Good luck in running down your problem - or the PO!
Will Garner, Jr
Southern Pines, NC
1991 Prevost Conversion by Country Coach

Offline RTS/Daytona

• Pete RTS/Daytona ->'89 TMC 35' 102" 6V92TA 4:10
    • BUS CONVERSION PARTS FOR SALE / PROJECTS
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2010, 10:18:00 AM »
Time to re-group a little  - 3 strings going about the same problem

Let's keep Wayne "NO START" problem in the   "...Check Engine Light location.... "   string

let this string die 

CONDITIONS  - I forgot he said he has 10-30 PSI at the secondary filter gauge - That's fine - he's primed and not air bound

But

Here's the problem so far:

#1 -  DDEC-II - with no power on the INJECTOR CONNECTOR PINS A&B / E&F - this feeds BOTH banks of injectors

#2 - No CEL (CHK ENGINE LITE) double blink when bus turns on - probably related to #1 - but INJECTOR POWER IS USUALLY DIRECT FROM BATTERY NOT IGNITION

#2 - so Wayne needs to also check DDEC Ign Power to Pin B3 on J2 connector -  sent Wayne the diagrams and pinouts for him to check

Pete RTS/Daytona

ANYONE KNOW WHERE THE DDEC GOES COMES FROM ON A ** GILLIG

If you ain't part of the solution, then you're part of the problem.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal