June 23, 2018, 08:35:40 PM

Author Topic: Need radiator for my PD3751  (Read 2142 times)

Offline keithshotrodshop

Need radiator for my PD3751
« on: August 03, 2006, 03:18:07 AM »
Does anyone make new ones. Mine can be recored, what should I expect to pay in California to have this done?

Offline plyonsMC9

• Global Moderator
  • Big Wheels Turnin'
    • PhilLyons.com
Re: Need radiator for my PD3751
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 02:55:39 PM »
Hey Keith,

Any luck with this so far?  What area of California are you in?

Welcome to the board!

Hope this helps, Phil
Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 03:33:33 PM »
Does anyone make new ones. Mine can be recored, what should I expect to pay in California to have this done?

Try calling Mark at MJ Hot Rods & Fabrication 731-885-1840, he has custom radiators built all the time and can direct you to who to call! Tell him "Busted Knuckle" told ya to call him! BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline keithshotrodshop

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 01:57:49 PM »
Thanks, However I already have a guy in california willing to do it, I just wanted to see what I should expect to pay, because I haven't heard back from him yet. I plan to call him today anyway, but I'll keep your guy in mind.

Offline Dave Siegel

• Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything!
    • Dave Siegel Designs
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 02:30:51 PM »
Keith,

I had the radiator in our Silversides re-cored in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida in an off the way radiator shop, but the guy really knew what he was doing. He used a new core that was 5" thick. The recore price was a little over $800 (that was 9 years ago.) The frame that holds in the core is part of the tank and core holder as well and that had been broken, so I had a shop weld the aluminum back together and they magnafluxed it to be sure there were no leaks, that was an additional $300. I got a high volume fan from a rebuilder (used) and that was $100. I didn't have the original bracket that holds the fan on a remote offset pulley and couldn't find one anywhere here in Florida so I built one out of 5/8" plate steel (cutit with a plasma cutter and ground the sides smooth.) I added a brace but I still get a little vibration between 1950-to- 2000 rpm, then it goes away.

Good luck,

Dave Siegel   1948 Silversides
Naples, Florida
Dave & Jan Siegel    1948 GMC  "Silversides"
            Pinellas Park, Florida
   Dave is Host to the "Help Assist Pages"
  (Free roadside help for Bus Conversions)
         www.help-assist-list.com