Author Topic: 45 XLE up date  (Read 8719 times)

Offline robertglines1

• steam nut
45 XLE up date
« on: February 19, 2010, 07:07:05 AM »
So with your help I have decided between two drive trains C-15 Autoshift(eaton) or 60 series pre egr with eaton...differential to either fit present one or different whole assembly;between 3:93   to 4:10....Diesel gen set around 12 kw...basement air..(won't fit in shop with roof air and I have done basement air before with good success)..repair bus aircond and heat..rear bath with 1/2 butt hut mid ship..2 or 3 slides...so see you have had siginificant influence on this new project....please be patient as more Questions will follow...now if I could build as quickly as design...launch date oct this year...will keep pictoral of complete build..Thanks to all!!Bob
Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana

Offline Phil H / Chicago

Re: 45 XLE up date
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 10:19:01 AM »
Bob...that sounds like one nice coach! I am/will be very interested in watching your progress. I have always loved some of the new designs with the full rear bath and 1/2 bath middle. Do the three slides for sure...maybe even the fourth :)

Where is your shop located...where will you be building it at? So I can stop by and see if I am ever in your neighborhood?

Thanks,
Phil

Offline DaveG

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 10:24:45 AM »
Great to hear Robert...take plenty of pictures...for you and us!

Offline robertglines1

• steam nut
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2010, 02:09:10 PM »
build will be at home in Evansville Indiana S.W. corner of state ,any visitors should bring work clothes.

Offline Phil H / Chicago

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 08:30:27 AM »
Sounds good Bob....I used to live in Indy and still have kids/grandkids there....so you are not far out of the way.  About all I am good at is pushing a broom, clean-up, and cabinet/woodwork. But I do want to learn the rest...I will bring my work clothes.

Thanks,
Phil

Offline Zeroclearance

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2010, 03:50:34 PM »
Bob, can you take pictures of your progress and upload them to a "picture server"   You have my attention..    Are you planning on media blasting the under carriage??   Are you going to reskin your roof?   You have mentioned that you are going to basement air?   Good luck!!

Offline robertglines1

• steam nut
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2010, 04:42:59 AM »
Zero...bus had 433,000 original miles on it at last service record...roof is like new....already raised from factory...under carriage will be inspected but at this time does not apear to have any problems:had a rear fire aparently caused by a overheated brake.so engine compartment is a total rebuild . PO had stripped the bus of drive train and original interior and other parts.Over the years I have accumilated most of the parts needed...basement air has proven to be a less expensive to install and is more efficient(quieter also)less amp per btu cost from my experience..my very weak link is cabinet work...so at 63yrs old do I go to school???really don't have 10 plus thousand to have pro do..

Offline robertglines1

• steam nut
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2010, 04:49:46 AM »
Phil,or any cab gru's,have a stack of rough sawn red oak and cherry..(we run saw mill as a hobby) ...but that is end of my abalitys ..Have read the articles in BCM but still scares me..the rest doesn't..so be careful when you say you do cabinet work..Have plenty of bus parking and elect.

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2010, 06:18:50 AM »
Robert, I'll be following your progress and hope you have good luck not a undertaking for the weak. 
One thing that I am curios about is how are you going to title the bus it was going to be about impossible here in AZ.
Prevost had to certified the rebuild then you had produce records where you bought parts and paid all state sales taxes it just went on and on here wasn't worth the hassle for me in AZ.
I know when David at Southern Or Diesel rebuilt his H-45 took him about 3 years to get a title.
It came back as a salvage title and knocked the value of his bus way down he got about 1/2 of market value for the bus because of the title.
I wish you better luck.

good luck
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline Phil H / Chicago

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2010, 07:18:36 AM »
Bob....I sent you a pm

Offline Just Dallas

• Bus Conversion Stuff on a Budget
    • BCS
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2010, 07:33:39 AM »
Removed
I'm just an old chunk of coal... but I'm gonna be a diamond someday.

Offline Just Dallas

• BCS
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2010, 07:34:22 AM »
Removed

Offline Just Dallas

• BCS
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2010, 07:34:57 AM »
Removed

Offline Just Dallas

• BCS
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2010, 07:36:00 AM »
Removed

Offline Jeremy

• 1987 Bedford Plaxton
    • Magazine Exchange
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2010, 12:13:57 PM »
Robert, I'll be following your progress and hope you have good luck not a undertaking for the weak. 
One thing that I am curios about is how are you going to title the bus it was going to be about impossible here in AZ.
Prevost had to certified the rebuild then you had produce records where you bought parts and paid all state sales taxes it just went on and on here wasn't worth the hassle for me in AZ.
I know when David at Southern Or Diesel rebuilt his H-45 took him about 3 years to get a title.
It came back as a salvage title and knocked the value of his bus way down he got about 1/2 of market value for the bus because of the title.
I wish you better luck.

I was curious about the legal aspects when I read that the bus had been in a fire - here a vehicle that has been in any sort of fire that resulted in an insurance claim cannot be put back on the road, and in some cases you cannot even use them for parts.

I'll be watching the conversion progress with interest as well, especially installing the three slideouts. It's a huge project to try to complete within 8 months - unless you are able to throw people at it of course.

Jeremy
A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal