Author Topic: Re: New Board Jump Start  (Read 22029 times)

Offline prevost82

• 82 Prevost 8V92ta 6 speed
  • 82 Prevost Marathon XL
Re: New Board Jump Start
« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2006, 12:28:45 PM »
Hi Phil great job on the new forum...love it
Ron

Offline plyonsMC9

• Global Moderator
  • Big Wheels Turnin'
    • PhilLyons.com
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2006, 12:48:18 PM »
Hi Phil great job on the new forum...love it
Ron

Thanks Ron.  Welcome to the board!

Best Regards, Phil
Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9

orogle

« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2006, 04:58:53 PM »
 :) :) :)    Glad to find this board.   :) :) :)

Thinking I will buy a bus next year and will find lots of useful info here on what to look for and what to look out for.

people helping people

I love it  :)

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2006, 07:37:05 PM »
people helping people

We'll help all right.  We'll help you spend every hour of free time you have on a project that will eat away big time at your assets!   Life is GOOD!  ;D
JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2006, 07:47:17 PM »
I like the idea of the spell check, mainly for an archive search, if something is mis-spelled it may not turn up in a search.

Using common misspellings  and abbreviations in your search may  locate even more data.     
Searching the archives brings up  a good point...Phil, will the old MAK board archives be available to thru this format?  Not being computer literate (not especially literate period!) these things must be 'splained to me??
Thanks, JR 
JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #50 on: April 03, 2006, 08:23:48 PM »
 I posted Cher's coach in my avatar. Had Britany Spears too, but that didn't seem too bus-like.  Reckon I should remove it...since I don't have quite enough cash to buy her 2003 Prevost 45' coach.  I does loolk nice in my "driveway"....Oh well.  Out it comes.   I kept the pix so emulation of the paint could be performed at some future time.   Really looked excellent!   
Best to all, still enjoying the new board.  This is a disorder! SOOOOO much fun.

8)
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 12:34:18 PM by DrivingMissLazy »
JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

Ayn Rand

Offline NJT5047

« Reply #51 on: April 03, 2006, 08:31:32 PM »
This is a better pix of one good looking coach.  Thing was immaculate.   It was on loan to Rhonda Vincent.  Rhonda killed her Prevost, the Martha White Flower Power"...blown engine.  So Cher loaned her bus to Rhonda.   Outa got a pix of Rhonda too.   That was OK.   I'd like to copy the paint scheme.  Don't know where to start.    ???
« Last Edit: January 04, 2007, 12:35:22 PM by DrivingMissLazy »
JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC

Ayn Rand

Offline bigtim44

• Red buses go faster!
    • big red bus conversion
« Reply #52 on: April 03, 2006, 08:52:07 PM »
This new board is way better ,thanks Phil!  ;D
Basalt Colorado
1986 TMC 102A3,6V92,Auto 740,conversion in progress.
http://redbusconversion.blogspot.com/

Offline Grease Pit

• Some day........
    • RTS In-Progress
« Reply #53 on: April 03, 2006, 08:55:31 PM »
Testing out all of the cool features
« Last Edit: April 03, 2006, 09:17:16 PM by Grease Pit »
Grease Pit {8^)>
1979 GMC RTS 40x102" 6V92 V730 4:56

Offline Brian Diehl

• www.brihil.com
« Reply #54 on: April 04, 2006, 10:52:20 AM »
Test Post with new account.

Offline Linda-XL40-FL

• Night Coach
« Reply #55 on: April 04, 2006, 10:58:42 AM »
I like this new format too.  I don't need a spell check function, but I did have to go use my dictionary to see why people are using the word "avatar" in their posts.  After looking it up, I'm still puzzled but then my dictionary is a very old one (1970).   ;D

Dallas

« Reply #56 on: April 04, 2006, 11:07:38 AM »
I like this new format too.  I don't need a spell check function, but I did have to go use my dictionary to see why people are using the word "avatar" in their posts.  After looking it up, I'm still puzzled but then my dictionary is a very old one (1970).   ;D

Linda,
Some IT definitions for "Avatar"

A graphical image of a user, such as used in graphical real-time Chat applications, or, a graphical personification of a computer or a computer process, intended to make the computing or network environment a more friendly place.

an advanced Initiate who incarnates the Divine Mind and Universal Life of God at one or more levels of the Great Continuum of Consciousness. It is also used as an honorary title to indicate someone who has attained mastery in the Supracosmic Sphere. It is also used to designate the highest Initiate in the Third Transcendental Path.

A digital representation of you in the virtual world (3D chat rooms and VRML worlds for example). You choose a symbol to represent who you are; may be a cartoon, animal, or other character

An earthly manifestation of one of the gods in human or animal form, eg, Krishna is an avatar of Vishnu, Jesus is an avatar of Jehovah. A being through whom God manifests himself. The spiritual founder of an age or a dynasty. Such a one has supposedly progressed beyond the need to be reincarnated.

OR>>>> it could be just a picture that you upload or link to on another server.
Have Fun!
Dallas
BTB, I just strted using the Dermatophyte. He's cute!
DF

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
« Reply #57 on: April 04, 2006, 11:09:26 AM »
Linda,

Only my simple form

AVATARS- Meaning Pictures, or graphics

Dallas has the proper wording!

Nick-
« Last Edit: April 04, 2006, 11:13:10 AM by Nick Badame Refrig. Co. »
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Offline Linda-XL40-FL

• Night Coach
« Reply #58 on: April 04, 2006, 11:28:21 AM »
Aha!  As I suspected, I could use a newer dictionary.  But so many of the words in the one I have are still perfectly good words, so it would be a shame to just throw them away!

[tr]On a different matter, I wonder what this button does?[/tr]

Offline Linda-XL40-FL

• Night Coach
« Reply #59 on: April 04, 2006, 11:30:43 AM »
Apparently that button did nothing -- or perhaps it is operator error, always a possibility.    :-\