Author Topic: South East Bus Nuts upcoming spring rally  (Read 30154 times)

Offline Gary LaBombard

• "Rustless Money Pit"
    • "Inspection & Repair Guide for Bus Conversions"
Re: South East Bus Nuts upcoming spring rally
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2010, 03:26:18 PM »
Hello Everyone,

I have submitted the other 4 videos I documented of the1st. Eagles International Bus Rally held at Santee State Park, Santee, SC.  I will attempt to put the url so you can go directly to Youtube to see the videos but I also need some feed back it you have the time.  I also will include the (Still Photo  Video) I posted a few days earlier so that you can compare if you would prefer having the videos in camcorder form such as the 4 I submitted today or in the still photo form such as I did a few days ago.

As Manny knows this is a real job to do and doing it both ways takes several days, believe me. 

Here is the link for the Still Photo's if you have not seen this video as yet:

Here is the links for the 4 videos I submitted as of today:

Cooling It In The Carolina's 3, Eagles International Bus Rally, March 2010

Here is the link to the other 4 camcorder video's I documented as they are numbered:

#1) 1st Eagles International East Coast Bus Rally, (Video #1 of 4) Santee, SC, 2010

#2) 1st. East Coast Eagles International Bus Rally ,(Video #2 of 4). Santee, SC, March 2010

#3) 1st. East Coast Bus Rally, (Video #3 of 4), Eagles International Bus Club, March 2010

#4) 1st East Coast Bus Rally, (Video #4 of 4), Eagles International Bus Club, Santee, SC, March 2010

Many thanks to Cindy for making posting these URL’s easier.  If you don’t mind, please give me a little feed back on which you prefer.

I noticed I still have a lot of shaking going on with the camcorder so I have to work on that after all this is solved.
Thanks,
Gary

Note:
Movie #3 &#4 may be a little grainy for a little while, they are still being processed.  Check on these in about an hour.
Gary

Offline bevans6

• 1980 MCI MC-5C
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2010, 07:09:32 AM »
I'm going to be coming down either I77 or I79 to this rally, I plan to leave tuesday morning and arrive at the camp site around 10 or 11 am Thursday morning.  That means I am looking for overnights either south of Pittsburg on I79, or just north of Parkersburg on I77, and again around Johnson City or a little north of that for the next night.  Any idea's?  this is my spring vacation, so on the way down at least I'll try to avoid truck-stops and the like.

thanks, Brian

BTW, got our confirmation yesterday, registered with the campsite this morning.

Brian
1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Allison MT-647
Tatamagouche, Nova Scotia

Offline Mike in GA

« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2010, 09:25:23 AM »
Gary-
Great job on the pictorials from the recent Eagle International Rally.  The bus nut community is fortunate to have someone with your talent and passion for this art. Glad you are doing more of the same later this month at the SEBN rally in SC.
Mike in GA
Past President, Southeast Bus Nuts. Busin' for more than 15 years in a 1985 MC 96a3 with DD 8v92 and a 5 speed Allison c/r.

Offline Gary LaBombard

• "Rustless Money Pit"
    • "Inspection & Repair Guide for Bus Conversions"
« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2010, 09:29:20 PM »
Sorry anyone trying to see the above video's, I removed them because of the new HD quality program of Youtube made these video's look awful.  It seems many of us had the same problem with posting on Youtube with HD movies.  I am trying to research through Youtube what the problem is but man is it hard to get contact with them people.  I will repost on board when this is fixed with the videos when the video's are reposted.

Gary
Gary

Offline JackConrad

• Orange Blossom Special II
  • Global Moderator
  • 73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida
« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2010, 05:06:21 AM »
The deadline is now past for registration, but if you find you can make it after all, please contact me or Mike Heron.  This thread will no longer be a "Sticky".  Jack
Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/

Offline Ace

« Reply #50 on: April 11, 2010, 05:49:08 PM »
Things are looking up today. Better than what yesterday returned as we were on our way to the bus shop to do some odds and ends when a car came to a sudden stop in front of Susan and I! Yes we were on our 2008 Harley Fatboy. Well after sliding the tires about 8 feet, we smacked right into the rear of the car. Apparently the car we hit stopped very suddenly due to a car in front of them that made a sudden stop for NO apparent reason and then decided to not stop and take off. It all happened pretty quick. I never dropped the bike and we both stayed on some how, but it sure gave us both a jolt to say the least. Susan after wards passed out (always does) ended up going to the ER and suffered a dislocated and broken pinky. I got nothing yesterday but today some very sore muscles in my upper arms. The funny thing is, I was wearing blue jeans and now my seat has a permanent imprint of the jean material in the seat! Anyway, the bike suffered a crushed front fender and two bent chrome forks. The $1500.00 custom wheel and tire survived as did the head light! Go figure! Working frantically trying to locate replacement parts so we can take it with us to SC. My daughter plans on being there with her husband and two kids which are twins and I have never met. They are 6 years old. Tells you how long its been since I have seen my daughter. She already has plans on staying in Pickens and everyone is excited to be there.

Trying to get the bus road ready was a challenge by itself but now the bike has really pushed the envelope!

We were able to get the oil and filter changed today on the bus so that's one step closer. I have located new forks at $450.00 but still looking on a fender. The latter is not really a necessity but it just doesn't look the same without it!

It's sure nice having a bus shop in town with a friend that lets you use it on weekends. He's a biker too and I think he wants my bike fixed so I can take it with me so he's helping me to get my bus and bike going asap!

Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40

Offline Mike in GA

« Reply #51 on: April 12, 2010, 07:51:45 AM »
Ace-
Quite a close call. Glad you and Susan are OK.
Let me know when you are firmed up for the SEBN rally in SC, and, if before Thursday, I will go ahead and register you. You can pay me when you arrive. Also in previous posts you mentioned the possibility of other buses joining you. Ditto them.
mikeheron@bellsouth.net
Past President, Southeast Bus Nuts. Busin' for more than 15 years in a 1985 MC 96a3 with DD 8v92 and a 5 speed Allison c/r.

Offline Ace

« Reply #52 on: April 12, 2010, 08:13:39 AM »
Mike to my knowledge all of us are already registered and have sent in the necessary paperwork and money!
Ace Rossi
Lakeland, Fl. 33810
Prevost H3-40

Offline Mike in GA

« Reply #53 on: April 12, 2010, 01:55:44 PM »
Yours arrived this afternoon. See you soon.
Mike

Offline Van

• BUSLESS
  • IGNORE
« Reply #54 on: April 12, 2010, 03:59:48 PM »
Ace, glad you guys are alright, try J&P online,1 day shipping, should be tons of syckle shops around you. good luck and glad you were on a heavier bike ;)
IF YOU'RE NOT LIVING ON THE EDGE, YOU'RE TAKIN UP TOO MUCH SPACE.

Offline uncle ned

• Visit: Busconversionstuff.com
« Reply #55 on: April 12, 2010, 04:20:07 PM »

Mike  I hope you got Wilma and I registered.

I just got back from the Doctor.  no more cumiden,betapast and some thing i can't spell.

Look fordward to seeing every one

ned sanders
4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear

Offline JackConrad

• Orange Blossom Special II
  • Global Moderator
  • 73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida
« Reply #56 on: April 12, 2010, 04:27:06 PM »
Mike  I hope you got Wilma and I registered.
I just got back from the Doctor.  no more cumiden,betapast and some thing i can't spell.
Look fordward to seeing every one
ned sanders

Ned,
    That's great news!  Lookin' forward to seein' you & Wilma.  Jack
Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/

Offline Mike in GA

« Reply #57 on: April 13, 2010, 06:45:31 AM »
Uncle Ned: Sent your confirmation out Friday - you should get it soon. Makes my day to know you received the green light to travel to Palmetto Cove! See you soon.
Mike

Offline kyle4501

• NEWELL in South Carolina
« Reply #58 on: April 13, 2010, 09:22:39 AM »
YEA NED!!!!

That is GREAT news!  ;D

When are you arriving?

I'll be there either late Thursday or Friday morning.  ;D
With Nancy & Anna showing up Friday evening. Seth has a scout camping trip, so he won't be there.
Life is all about finding people who are your kind of crazy

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please (Mark Twain)

Education costs money.  But then so does ignorance. (Sir Claus Moser)

Offline uncle ned

• Visit: Busconversionstuff.com
« Reply #59 on: April 13, 2010, 12:58:52 PM »

Kyle 

Have you heard when Leroy is coming down  or should i just go by and get him started.

ned
4104's forever
6v92 v730
Huggy Bear