Author Topic: Engine Oil Capacity in MC8  (Read 3993 times)

Offline ChuckMC8

• 1977 MC8 and 1993 102C3 Temple Ga #322 F&AM
Engine Oil Capacity in MC8
« on: April 12, 2006, 08:37:29 AM »
Can someone please advise the number of gallons of oil used to refill the engine when changing oil ( with new filter) in MC8 equipped with 8V71?
Thanks Chuck Lott Douglasville Ga.
Far better is it to dare mighty things,to win glorious triumphs,even though they may be checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much,because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat.  Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919)

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
Re: Engine Oil Capacity in MC8
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2006, 09:00:40 AM »
Chuck I've found them to be from 6 to 8 gallons, depending on oil pan and etc. I just start by putting 6 (using part of 1 of these to prefill the filter) in and checking it, if it's up in the safe area chances are your good to go. But to be sure fire it up let it run till yer air builds up(just a time frame I use), shut r down and wait about 5-10 minutes and recheck it! That's how we do it around our shop but since this is your personal coach you'll know exactly how much it holds after the first time! ;D Knuckle ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal