Author Topic: Prevost to C&J Bus Repair  (Read 8884 times)

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
Re: Prevost to C&J Bus Repair
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2010, 08:18:13 AM »
Chuck: Nice to know there's someone else in the area with a bus affliction. I'm in Forest Lake and wondered about C&J's, but my bus isn't RV licensed yet (soon I hope)
Is your coach all ready converted or are you doing your own conversion? Enjoy that bus! Gerry

Gerry,
Welcome to the madness! Call or stop by C & J and get to know JD, and the crew @ C & J! (they will be your new best friends in this crazy bus hobby!) Tell JD the MN bus nut gang and some crazy guy from TN sent you ;)
Now as far as "Nice to know there's someone else in the area with a bus affliction." goes. You are surrounded by them!
There is "Gumpy" aka Craig, Brian Diehl, Brian Elfert, Paul Hastings, Fred, Troy, RickB, Sam and many more in the Twin Cities area! (sorry I don't remember everyone, or even some of their last names!)
;D  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline Gerry H

• 1992 Prevost LeMirage XL-40 8V92 740 Allison
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2010, 05:50:25 AM »
Thanks BK - I am starting a list of "locals" for possible help, and I will check out C&J's. I'm sure I need at least one of those $110.00 filters! Gerry H
Forest Lake, Minnesota
Land of 10,000 mosquitoes and a few cool buses

Offline Fredward

• 2000 Country Coach Magna (not a bus)
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2010, 08:59:01 PM »
Hey Gerry,
I'm located near Delano (other side of the world from you!). I spent an hour at C&J today. Those guys are straight shooters, JD the owner won't steer you wrong. That being said, their business is fixing commercial operator's coaches, so they have severe demands on their time and usually have four bays of busses in there being worked on. They're not cheap either, but they are fair. And they know busses, thats all they do.

But they put up with us busnuts. I think they just laugh once we leave the shop. But definitely I would have the coach inspected by them and then you can decide what you're going to fix and what you need them to fix.

If you need Detroit work, I have a great Detroit mechanic located about six miles west of me. He builds them for pulling tractors as a hobby.
Fred
Fred Thomson

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2010, 09:17:21 PM »
What air filter do you have that cost 110 bucks if it is the ECO series that is not a bad price I pay 129.00 bucks for mine wholesale

good luck
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2010, 09:50:59 PM »
Fred your very right on all points about C & J. While not always cheapest (JD has some of the best prices anywhere on some parts, and some not) , they are extremely goood! JD has more than once lost $ on a parts sale by steering me the opposite direction for the correct fix the first time! And too me that is what makes dealing with him and his crew worth the extra $ here and there! He won't sell you something he knows you don't need just to make a sale, and if he knows of a cheaper option he will tell you about it and let you make the decision!
All in all everyone I know of up in that area is OK in my book, especially that guy converting a Setra ;) !

;D  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline Gerry H

• 1992 Prevost LeMirage XL-40 8V92 740 Allison
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2010, 05:52:49 AM »
Fred: Thanks for your input and info, Delano ain't that far-is it? Somewhere east of South Dakota! I was joking about the filter cost, give me a break, I'm a newbe with a small check book! Thanks guys
Forest Lake, Minnesota
Land of 10,000 mosquitoes and a few cool buses

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal