Author Topic: WHITE LINE FEVER  (Read 5199 times)

Offline larryh

• 4905A-893 P8M
  • ready to run with the big dogs
WHITE LINE FEVER
« on: August 07, 2006, 06:37:50 PM »
Well I leave tomorrow on the first leg of a two month long trip. Leaving the heat of the desert behind I hope was 117 today still 108 at almost 7 PM Monday night. Will be first time out with the bus going to Idaho to my sons and get some permanent tanks mounted and all installed. and to finish up kitchen and bath. about 1000 mile first leg.

4905A

Up date 9/30/06

Well back in Quartzsite and all went well will try to make it short so I don't bore you all. Left Caldwell Idaho for Lewiston ID no problems. Went to leave Lewiston for Kettle Falls WA and dead batt tryed to start generator Onan 5500 watt dead batt also unhooked car and jumped bus to start and on road again.

Got to Kettle Falls WA and next day went to spread wifes ashes as per her wishes. It started snowing hard got back to RV park and set out storm worked on gen will only Idle not run under load.

charged all batt's with line power  all looking good.

next morning 28 degrees said lets get out of here still snowing lightly. Hit road for Spokane wa part way down thought about new registration on bus to motor Home forgot all about it at daughters in Lewiston called her to have her call and make appointment well Randy the inspector had went hunting so Post Falls ID was closest place to get it inspected so changed course to east and it is now a official rec vehicle motor home only cost 39.75 to change and licens for 4 months.

Turned on new coleman 2550 inverter and kicking out no workee darn it. lasted one month is all.

Headed up 4th of July pass into Montana and snowing again and listened to radio Salt Lake city ski lodges opening and expected a foot of snow.

Some friends called and was just outside Superior Montana and said they was going to Austin NV to hotsprings for a few weeks and I was welcome to join them.

hit interste 15 just above Butte Montana then headed so and west to Wells NV to hiway 80 then to Austin and to hot springs.

Got into the springs and shook hands of the men and got hugs from the women. Got in Bus to park it and no reverse. damm it. to hell.
found loose connection going to solenoid so a easy fix.

Spent a week in there with them then headed to Quartzsite AZ coming into Searchlight NV and shifted down or went to shift down and nothing at all no gears per nata.

found the pin at tranny had vibrated up and out of lever and low and behold back into linkage thank you lord. Stuck pin in and got off road went and got cotter key and installed in linkage how long has it been gone ??

Well rest of trip uneventful but the first trip almost 6000 miles total was a good time for me and the two pug and the african grey parrott.

thanks for reading my rambling and I'm glad for a bunch of fine folks like you all are

Larry
Savvy ponderable:
A cowboy's only afraid of two things:
havin' ta walk,
and the love of a good woman.
"This posting was generated using an environmentally friendly, self contained flatulence generator, therefore no fossils or neutrons were harmed in the creation of this posting.

Quartzsite,

Offline Christyhicks

• 1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL
Re: WHITE LINE FEVER
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 06:45:19 PM »
Good luck and have a safe one!  Write and let us know how things went!  Christy Hicks
If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!

Dallas

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 07:04:59 PM »
Good Luck and safe roads Larry!

We'll be thinking of you.

(Wish we were on the road too!)

Dallas

Offline FloridaCliff

• "The Mighty GMC"
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2006, 04:50:56 AM »
Larry,

Have fun working on that Buffalo.

Let us know how your trip goes.

And dont forget us Nuts in the CHAT room ;D ;D

Cliff
1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain

Offline larryh

• 4905A-893 P8M
  • ready to run with the big dogs
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2006, 08:38:31 AM »
Up date on trip so far. We made it to the sons in Caldwell Idaho in what I feel is good time 982 miles in 19.5 hours driving time. Bus ran fine did want to run warm coming into Vegas and north of vegas in one hundred seventeen degree outside slowed down to SIXTY miles per hour and one eighty five>

launched a antelope at seventy miles per hour north of Ely Nevada no real damage to bus but a real shiny spot in alum and s*&^ down side of bus.

Have developed a small oil leak on front end of motor have to repair 982 miles only 2 quarts of oil.

I do love the mid 80's temperature  I am needing a jacket though. 110 gals of fuel to refill bus so happy with that towing toad 90 Ford Taurus on dolly.

Ok will up date again later as work progresses.

Larry
Savvy ponderable:
A cowboy's only afraid of two things:
havin' ta walk,
and the love of a good woman.
"This posting was generated using an environmentally friendly, self contained flatulence generator, therefore no fossils or neutrons were harmed in the creation of this posting.

Quartzsite,

Offline FloridaCliff

• "The Mighty GMC"
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2006, 08:58:05 AM »
Larry,

Good to hear that everthing is going well on your trip.

I have heard of "Catch and Release", I guess "Catch and Launch" is a Nevada thing ;D

Cliff
1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2006, 05:50:43 PM »
This should bring the topic up to the first page.
Richard
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2006, 06:45:57 PM »
Wow Larry,

[WHITE LINE FEVER], I thought you were doing something Illeagle..........LOL

Have lot's of wonderful memories on the miles to come.

Nick Badame
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal