Author Topic: Broke down and ain't happy  (Read 5910 times)

Offline wal1809

Broke down and ain't happy
« on: May 04, 2010, 08:10:02 PM »
I am broke down on the sid eof US 59 and I am as mad as heck about it.  My work truck is a F550 4 door with a utility box on the back.  It has every forensic tool, gadget and gizmo known to man. This thing is not worthy of carrying a bucket of spit.  It is a true lemon.  I talked to the service guy today when I picked it up at the shop AGAIN !!!!!   $46000 is how much they have spent in repairs alone.  It has 51000 miles.  That is nearly a $1.00 a mile in repairs.  Add fuel and maintanance you would not beleive.  I really wish it would catch on fire, blow out a tire and slip off into the gulf of Mexico as it explodes into pieces. 
1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com

Offline wal1809

Re: Broke down and ain't happy
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2010, 08:11:43 PM »
That is of course after I get me and my gear out :)
www.snakebreaker.com

Offline Dreamscape

• Dreamscape
  • Global Moderator
  • 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V92T Allison 740 #7443
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2010, 08:21:50 PM »
Geez, for a minute I thought you were broke down in your Eagle. But as I read further I had was relieved to find out it's only a Ford! ;)

Sounds like you need to get another truck, for that kind of money at least one that works! ;D

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.

Offline wal1809

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2010, 08:28:01 PM »
Oh no the eagle is purring like a tiger on steroids (insert knock knock knock on wood here).  This thing has been in the shop so many times I can't believe it.  When the tow truck gets Herr I know he is going to ask me where he should take it.  I want to tell him just take it you can have it.  I know some Fords have trouble but lord almighty this one has demons in it.
www.snakebreaker.com

Offline NewbeeMC9

• NewbeeMC9
  • 1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 08:35:28 PM »
That's more than all of the vehicles that I have had cost put together, including the bus :o.  (leave out the misses vehicles of course ;))

Maybe You should put the tool box on your bus, so you will be more comfortable on the side of the road. ;D

Good luck, I know that is frustrating.
It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. ;)

cody

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 08:45:30 PM »
You're the guy that can train dogs to avoid snakes and you can't train your truck to avoid repair shops? then it's true, the shoemakers kids are barefoot. lol  Michigan has a lemon law, I'd be willing to bet most states have one of some sort or another, I kinda think maybe it qualifies.

Offline WVA_NATIVE

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 08:53:02 PM »
My guess is that if you have spent $51000 on repairs on this truck you have spent more in repairs that the truck cost new. I'm not a big fan of fords but I would find me a lawyer and let him have a word with ford as you definitely got a lemon. And I believe there is such a thing as a lemon law. I do feel your pain though.

WVaNative

Offline compedgemarine

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 08:59:42 PM »
nearly everyone I know who has had the Ford trucks after they got rid of the tried and true 7.3 has gotten rid of them. they all had so many problems that the shop had them more than they did. none of those that got rid of them bought another Ford. On the flip side the new motors have really helped the economy as every shop I know that works on them is working overtime trying to keep them going.

cody

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2010, 09:03:04 PM »
Could this be part of the stimulus program?

HighTechRedneck

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2010, 09:05:09 PM »
Since this is Wayne's police forensics truck, I'm sure it is govt. owned and he doesn't get much of a say on it.  So until the procurement dept. decides the cost of ownership isn't working out on it or it meets with an untimely demise, he is stuck with it (literally).

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2010, 09:10:04 PM »
Naw Cody that is NFTA the engine in that Ford is made in Mexico legal or illegal that is question lol 

good luck
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline wal1809

« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2010, 09:15:26 PM »
Yessir hightech you are correct.  It is city owned.  I am stuck with it as the @$# chief, I mean assistant chief took the brand new replacement Taho which had been in the budget fir CSI.  Add any dirty adjective and you will surely be on the same page with me.  Funny thing is I got it going again before the tow truck got to me.  I got this thing to the shop.  Oh well.  A few more years of city then it is onto private sector contracting with the Feds for overseas assignments.  Two tours and it is me my wife and the Eagle, gone into nowhere land.  If we want to go left then by God we will go.
www.snakebreaker.com

Offline niles500

• Niles500
  • ROSIE
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2010, 10:16:33 PM »
Powerstroke = SUCKS

Duramax = RULES
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles

Offline TomC

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2010, 10:18:09 PM »
This is why many who are using a Ford F550-which is just an over built pick'emup truck are opting for a real truck.  Freightliner's M2106 (and for that matter any other big rig manufacture) 26,000gvw truck is a big rig with smaller cab, engine, transmission, etc.  So you're getting exactly the same big rig truck that runs down the road pulling 80,000lbs, but just at a reduced size.  It has always made more sense to me to use something that is derated down in size then to try to use something that has been enlarged to the point of being unreliable.  Good Luck, TomC
Tom & Donna Christman. 1985 Kenworth 40ft Super C with garage. '77 AMGeneral 10240B; 8V-71TATAIC V730.

Offline Chopper Scott

• MCI 7
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2010, 05:21:41 AM »
Never had any luck with a Ford. I quess owning one was better for one's health as I seemed to walk a lot more!! :D Just be glad it's not an F 150!!!   Those are a pos built truck indeed! Ford's commercials about their trucks always amuse me.
Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal