Author Topic: new tire brand selection  (Read 14910 times)

Offline white-eagle

Re: new tire brand selection
« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2010, 05:58:06 PM »
i just re=read my last post and the responses.  i hope you know my comments were with a smiley that i didn't put on there.  i'd love to be able to go where someone can really do it right, and i've never been to Oregon.

unfortunately, i don't think it's gonna happen, but i'm sure a lot of western folks will take note of the location.

i'm gonna read up on the description in the manual as well as re-reading the posts from Dan on the Eagle Board about aligning the wheels before i let anyone start on it again.  i hope i will be able to determine who knows enough to make it happen before driving even 30 miles.  once it's aligned, then we'll start on the tires.

and i'm gonna order that jack you suggested, probably the shorty version 12ton.  i can't believe they're that cheap and every truck/bus garage doesn't have them. i had been looking at scales in the $2000 and up that were well beyond what i could spend for one.
Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.

Offline JohnEd

Re: new tire brand selection
« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2010, 06:42:27 AM »
White,

i hope you know my comments were with a smiley

I saw the smiley faces you didn't put in.  I put mine in so you wouldn't think there was any seriousness in my post.  I'll use a ton more next time. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

There....that should do it. ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

John the kidder :D :D :D :D :D :D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
"An uneducated vote is a treasonous act more damaging than any treachery of the battlefield.
The price of apathy towards public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato
“We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.”
—Pla

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal