Author Topic: onan generator  (Read 2091 times)

Offline 4104GA

onan generator
« on: May 10, 2010, 03:14:18 PM »
My gen woes are finally over as it is installed and working great.  I saw an ad from Freds rv and gen repair in waycross Ga and took the gen to them for repair the 120 output problem. It ran fine but no power.  Fred called the next day and informed me I had to have a new carb and he knew I did not want to spend that much money
on it and he would pay me a little for it for parts.  I told him I would pick it up.  Carb and other parts was off and small parts missing.  Trip to Cummings and all is well with the original carb.  Fred has ads on craigs list.  Lots of crooks out there so be careful.
Enjoy your ride

Ncbob

Re: onan generator
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 06:26:41 PM »
One of the neatest things about this Board is that lurking out here are Members with a whole lot of knowledge and experience who are always ready and willing to help you with a problem.

I am a retired Onan generator dealer and, while I don't have the library of reference material anymore, I have no fear about jumping in and offering to any Member my advice.

For you younger fellas..don't be afraid of using the Search aspect of the Board....chances are that what you're looking for is archived somewhere.

Best,

NCbob

Offline WVA_NATIVE

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 06:55:29 PM »
So if I understand you right, Fred's RV would be a place to avoid right?

WVaNative

Offline 4104GA

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2010, 07:12:24 PM »
Yes please avoid freds rv in Waycross Ga.
Enjoy your ride

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal