Author Topic: Eagle dashboard question **pic added*  (Read 8833 times)

Offline wal1809

Eagle dashboard question **pic added*
« on: May 16, 2010, 07:39:47 PM »
Alright Eagle dudes.  Upper left hand side of the dash on my Eagle are 2 switches.  One is green and the other is white.  The green one has writing on it that refers to the step extension.  I no longer have a step so the switches are not operaional any longer.  Rather than putting in 2 new switches to operate the valves in the waste vegtable oil conversion, I want to use these two switches. I just think it would look better than having 2 new ones and 2 nonfunctioning switches.  

My Question is this; do your switch illuminate.  Mine do not.  I can't figure out how to make them illuminate,yet!!  Any and all information would be great.
1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com

Offline wal1809

Re: Eagle dashboard question
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2010, 07:45:34 PM »
Sorry I just read my post and it might be cornfusing!!!  There are 6 postson the rear of the switch.  The red wire is bringing power.  Below that in power post is 2 more post with a jumper wire connecting them tineach other.  There is a blue and a black on two of the other posts and one left with nothing. With the switch on I get 12 v to the red and the jumper.  I get nothing to the others.
www.snakebreaker.com

Offline Dreamscape

• Dreamscape
  • Global Moderator
  • 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V92T Allison 740 #7443
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2010, 08:05:42 PM »
I can't help ya with that one. Go over to Eagles International, you will have better luck as most don't read this board.

http://www.eaglesinternational.net/

Paul

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.

Offline wal1809

« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2010, 08:10:47 PM »
Hey dreamscape.  Do your switches light up ?
www.snakebreaker.com

Offline Dreamscape

• Dreamscape
  • Global Moderator
  • 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V92T Allison 740 #7443
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2010, 10:35:57 PM »
Yes they do, but they are not original. I bought them with a blue LED, German made. They light up when I turn on the switch, better to see at night. Check the back of your switch, if it's a two blade, there will be no light. Most three blade switches have one hot, one ground, and one hot for the light.

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.

Offline wal1809

« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2010, 03:56:09 AM »
It has 2 rows of three blades.  On one row power comes in and in that row the remaining 2 are connected by a short loop.  On the other side is uhhh it's too early I can remember.  I'll post a pic later on here and the eagle site.
www.snakebreaker.com

Offline wal1809

« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2010, 07:14:00 AM »
www.snakebreaker.com

Offline David Anderson

• just outside San Antonio TX
Re: Eagle dashboard question **pic added*
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2010, 07:18:30 PM »
They look like a double throw switch, but I can't quite tell from the picture.  If I remember when I pulled all my Eagle OEM switches out, none of those rocker switches illuminated.  I bought rocker switches from NAPA.   They have a pretty good array of switches, both illuminated (when on) and non illuminated.  The cluster is shown on the left side of the dash in the picture.

David

Offline tomhamrick

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2010, 09:53:01 AM »
David,

Nice looking dash!  Is it an R&M?  Didi you paint it or cover in vinyl? What are the woodgrain inserts?  I am asking all the questions because I have a R&M to install in my model 10.

Thanks,
Tom Hamrick
Tom Hamrick
1991 Prevost H3-40 VIP
1981 Eagle 10
Forest City, NC

Offline JackConrad

• Orange Blossom Special II
  • 73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2010, 10:04:43 AM »
David,
Nice looking dash!  Is it an R&M?  Didi you paint it or cover in vinyl? What are the woodgrain inserts?  I am asking all the questions because I have a R&M to install in my model 10.
Thanks,
Tom Hamrick

Tom,
   Are ya'll gonna be at the Bus Gathering next week-end? Remind me to show you our R&M dash.  Jack
Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/

Offline Van

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2010, 10:48:21 AM »
Wayne, On my 15 there are are two switches but they are the square push button type, 1 green, 1 amber, the amber is for the clearance interrupt, I don't remember what the green one is for, now you have me thinking again ::) ;D
B&B CoachWorks
Bus Shop Mafia.

Offline tomhamrick

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2010, 07:46:44 AM »
Hi Jack,
I wish we could get to Gene's rally, but a little thing called work keeps getting in the way!!   :)   I should remember your dash but my mind is not what it used to be. Do you have pictures on a web site?

Thanks,
Tom Hamrick
Tom Hamrick
1991 Prevost H3-40 VIP
1981 Eagle 10
Forest City, NC

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2010, 07:59:54 AM »
Tom, never saw you before but if you are a good size man you will not like Richards (R & M) dash in a Eagle they stick too far out not a problem for David  LOL   

good luck
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline wal1809

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2010, 08:09:42 AM »
I know for certain the rocker switch on the left (green) was for the steps.  The other who knows.  The good thing is I pulled off the covers to find a little bitty bulb which the auto parts store had replacements.  Mine are illuminated.  I am tickled about this.

When I was a kid Ihad a bad habit of taking things apart and adding this and that.  My motto back then was to glue it or screw it I want to put it on.  Take my first truck.  I had a perfectly good exhaust but I wanted to be like my friends who had the California Turbo exhaust.  That cost me dearly over the years I had that truck.  Had I left it original I would have paid nothing.  So in my slightly aged years I have turned into a "Don't change the factory type of guy" .  I like original.  I would not have been happy with the two big silver toggle switches, knowing the other two switches were there doing nothing.  Trust me on this it would have interupted sleep, that is how bad I am with seemingly stupid little things.

Now I have two illuminated switches that are functional and supposed to be there, as it was from the factory.  I like it.
www.snakebreaker.com

Offline tomhamrick

« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2010, 06:52:21 AM »
Hi Clifford,  Thanks for the heads up but I am about average size. I have several friends with the R&M and it looks nice, and I already have mine in the garage, just trying to figure the best way to finish it. I like the vinyl covered real well but if the paint can be made to look nice, I may do that. I bought the white Eagle gauges from Craig at Silver Eagle and hoping to get it installed soon.
Thanks,
Tom Hamrick
Tom Hamrick
1991 Prevost H3-40 VIP
1981 Eagle 10
Forest City, NC

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal