Author Topic: Busted "drop box" in SC  (Read 14412 times)

Offline NewbeeMC9

• NewbeeMC9
  • 1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740
Re: Busted "drop box" in SC
« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2010, 03:58:46 AM »

So what did Monday reveal?
It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. ;)

Offline 4905 doc

« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2010, 05:53:32 AM »
And my point, Ace,  was simply if you buy from them make sure that the product is good.

And as far as Bobby, yes I have done business with him. And I KNOW what I am talking about. If he can pull one on you, he will.

God bless,

John
Sorry John,I'd have to side with Ace on this one. I too bought a complete bus from Bobby. was completely satisfied.  :) plus I have sent others there for parts. never heard a bad word.

Offline Timnvt

« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2010, 05:51:25 PM »
Well, Monday I locaated the shop where the bus was hauled, General Diesel of N. Charleston. Seems to be a decient shop and I felt good about having them work on it.

The bus moved!!! Could not get it to slip or chatter. Assumption is then having cooled down things are meshing somewhat. So, couldn't determine externally where the problem lies.

After taking in all the factors involved (8 people= 2 motel rooms /nite + 15 passenger van @ $100+/day etc) we decided to fly home and take the opportunity to salvage the parts off our wrecked bus and drive them down next week to be installed. After a good nights sleep we will see tommorow if we can get the old girl fired up and moved into position to begin the disassembly. I'm a great one for being able to take things apart so I believe we can do this.

Turns out that bus west of Greenville we'd gotten parts off of a few years ago has been crushed so no prospect there. However this discussion of drop boxes on other applications is a great idea.

I've been learning a lot through readiing everyones posts.  There sure are a lot of considerations to be weighed.

Tim.
'66 MCI5 6v92 w/HT-740

Offline Chopper Scott

• MCI 7
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2010, 06:05:34 PM »
Tim, I've been reading your posts and sure feel sorry for what messed up your families trip. I guess it's part of the insanity of driving around in 30 or 40 year old busses. But then again when it's all said and done you'll have a hell of a story that you all will be talking about for a long time. Hope you get what you need and get the ole girl rolling without to much pain. My bus always looks better in front of my house but then I can't wait to leave again!!!
Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.

Offline Gary '79 5C

« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2010, 06:06:48 PM »
Tim,

Glad you have stablilized your situation for the moment, for you and your family. I, too have a MCI 5C w/ 6V92, and look forward to what failed in your box. I really look & learn at mechanical failures, (also aircraft mishaps) as things happen for a reason. With the benefit of your information, possibly I can avoid a repeat.

Best of luck in your repairs & Hope your travels in the future are trouble free,

Gary
Experience is something you get Just after you needed it....
Ocean City, NJ

Offline NewbeeMC9

• NewbeeMC9
  • 1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2010, 08:50:24 PM »
Glad to know you have the options weighed out Tim.  Hope it all goes smoothly. :)

Gary '79 5C

When yours was changed to a 6V92, was the drop box removed since it is a shorter engine?
It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. ;)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal