Author Topic: Prevost Dreamer Alert  (Read 12172 times)

Offline luvrbus

Re: Prevost Dreamer Alert
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2010, 08:27:43 PM »
Don't worry about it Rod that is a old trick he hoping you'll get nervous and call him Sat. then he will tell you someone made a better offer but he will sell it to you for the same price.
I am going through the same with 2 buses the bank has for sale going through a 3rd party he calls everyday asking if I want to pay the better offer I just laugh because speaking with the banker I know their not sold or that he has a better offer.So I'll just wait him out till the bank gets tired of fooling with him

good luck
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline Dreamscape

• Dreamscape
  • Global Moderator
  • 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V92T Allison 740 #7443
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2010, 09:19:34 PM »
Rod, If it's menat to be it will be. If not there's another one out there with your name on it. Besides, you still have your wallet! ;D

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.

Offline rwc

• No longer will be Now AM
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2010, 05:46:09 AM »
If that is the game he is playing then he will loose. Played that with too many car salesmen over the years. I don't dicker my offer is the first last and final. Like Paul said there is another out there. I say I was looking when I found this one I am sure I can find another. Usually find the best one right after I bought the one I found.LOL

Offline robertglines1

• steam nut
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2010, 05:55:08 AM »
Rod if this don't work out there's a lot of iron out there...I just paid 1200$ for a 98 XLII salvage shell and have been rebuilding..but when all is said and done will have what I wanted..Prevost,45ft,3slides,bath and 1/2...lot of work but will have less than 25,000 in finished product...hope to sell present coach so I can zero out..they are there and will be more labor on my end but that cost zero...decent running 87 prevost seated coach went for 5 grand last week here..Bob
Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana

cody

« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2010, 03:54:38 PM »
Rod, that was the last coach made, there are no more to be had, their all gone yep, all gone lol.

Offline rwc

« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2010, 06:31:30 PM »
Cody you are probably right!! It happens to me every year at Christmas time. I see something that I want to get for someone but wait a little for a sale. No sale happens and low and behold when I go to get there are no more and no more will come in til next century. Why should buses be any different. This one has not gone away yet the guy called today and wanted to know if I was still interested. He said he had not been able to contact other players in this game yet and would let me know when he did. I suspect that as Luvrbus said when he gets back to me he will have a higher offer that he wants to give me the chance to meet.  We'll see. It is my way or the highway I'm not going up at all. :-[

cody

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2010, 06:34:20 PM »
You hit the key word, "game", play it your way, or play it their way, one way you save, other way you spend lol, it's life in a nutshell.

Offline Ed Hackenbruch

« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2010, 07:24:14 AM »
Next time you talk to him, tell him your offer just went down $500. ;D
Used to own a 1968 MCI 5A and a 1977 5C.

Offline luvrbus

« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2010, 07:09:09 PM »
Rod, are you still in the game

good luck
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline Len Silva

• Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe
    • Leonard Studio
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2010, 06:11:08 AM »
I think Ed has it right.  Make the guy a reasonable offer that you are comfortable with and tell him the offer goes down $500.00 per week.

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.

Offline rwc

« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2010, 05:04:46 PM »
I don't know. He called on Saturday and asked if I was still interested and I told him yes. He said he would check with the repo bank and get back to me. Monday was holiday this is Thursday. Still no word so I think it is probably off. Waiting Las Vegas Bus sales to let me know about D3 I called them about also.

cody

« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2010, 08:33:15 PM »
I wouldn't loose much sleep over it, when the right bus hits it's at the right time and right price and without all the drama.

Offline rwc

« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2010, 03:19:29 AM »
Cody  I agree I am not going to loose any sleep. When you have been planning and looking at buses as long as I have you don't get too disappointed if the deal falls apart. When I started with this dream 9's were going for around 85K.  Like I said before I was looking when I found this bus and can continue to look. Costs nothing but a little time to look.

Offline rwc

« Reply #43 on: June 09, 2010, 05:34:52 PM »
Well this game has been played and is in the record books.  Score:::: NO WINS NO LOSES NO BUS(at least not for me) Moving on to the next prospect. I WILL BE

Offline DaveG

« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2010, 04:28:10 PM »
Regarding Las Vegas Bus Sales, a friend recently bought a DL3 from them and when he and I were talking he said that some of the buses there were used to transport mine workers and were...I forgot the words he used but if they have seen much mine roads (off road/gravel/etc) then be careful on inspection.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal