Author Topic: Flying J will now charge $10 to dump your tanks  (Read 15430 times)

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
Re: Flying J will now charge $10 to dump your tanks
« Reply #45 on: June 04, 2010, 06:07:08 PM »
Hi Guy's,

Cody, I belong to the Frequent fueler program but, I like your idea... Lol

Customer service is about dead as dinosaurs... Now a days, if you think a company is giving you

something that smells like service, it usually is costing you alot somewhere you can't see...

It seems like nobody want's to give you anything for bringing them your biz.. They just expect you! :(

How about we pay to dump and get free fuel? Now that sounds like a dream!

Nick-
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Offline desi arnaz

« Reply #46 on: June 04, 2010, 06:27:36 PM »
OK, total virgin here when it comes to the kids getting swimming lessons on the bus. ANYONE'S kids. Reason being - I just don't do well with it. Nope, never had kids either.
BUT, I know my time is coming.  :'(   :P  And because I know I can't dodge the inevitable I bought a macerator pump thinking that might be the hot ticket. (I hope I didn't screw up again!  ::))

And, besides having issues with it, I thought it might also be the best way to dump so when I come home - I can stick the hose down a clean out from my shop toilet. I was also thinking it might have some advantages when there comes a time to dump out on the road. ?? ?? ?? Is there? Or am I in the same boat as you folks when it comes to that?

I can see both sides of this because if there comes a time I HAVE to dump, I'd be glad to pay $10.00, but obviously, I would rather not.

What a interesting topic............. once again.
    Chaz
i love my poop pump!!how much did you pay? i feel that all rigs should have one! i never even have to put a glove on.
thomas f  Bethlehem n.h

Offline Lin

• 1965 MC-5a
« Reply #47 on: June 04, 2010, 07:11:29 PM »
Chaz,

I consider a macerator a good backup and have used one when needed for years.  However, straight dumping is easier and a lot faster.  My macerator has the bayonet fitting to attach it directly to the dump pipe.  Works well.
You don't have to believe everything you think.

Offline wal1809

« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2010, 05:49:23 AM »
Yall could call your pump the Dookie chopper instead of Dixie chopper:)
1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com

Offline NewbeeMC9

• NewbeeMC9
  • 1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740
« Reply #49 on: June 05, 2010, 06:05:54 AM »
Yall could call your pump the Dookie chopper instead of Dixie chopper:)

You shouldn't be putting your Dixie in there anyway. :o :D   

(I'm sure you can find another forum for that if you do :D)
It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. ;)

Offline Chaz

• 4108, 8V71 w/auto .
    • Aesthetic Metal Studio
« Reply #50 on: June 05, 2010, 09:17:26 AM »
Desi and Lin,
  I can't recall what I paid. (Blond senior moment ;D) It was about 3 years ago. (I hope it don't go bad! LOL  :D) I got it on sale at CW and I recall it was considered a GOOD one. Like I said, I don't do well with this topic so I bought the best I could.  It twists on the tank and even has a hose connection to back wash, I guess. Maybe I should do a....... "trial run".  ::)

I can see where it would take a little extra time being a small hose but for now, I won't be doing more than a week, at most, in the bus. And that would be rare. And being able to do it at home kinda takes the "time issue" off the table.  But so far, with other restroom facilities around, the kids get dropped off at the pool there. But as I said........ one of these days I'm going to have to lose my virginity status.  :'( Wish me luck!  ;)

Correct me if I'm wrong but wouldn't it even be more handy doing it with a pump as opposed to the big "stinky slinky"? I'm thinking situations like: a slight hill or parked in a bad way or not "exactly" a dump station would not be as much of an issue. And as our topic goes, we wouldn't have to be at the mercy of the Dump Stations - at least if you have city sewer anyway.

Just a thought from a "Black Tank Rookie".  ;D
   Chaz
Pix of my bus here: http://s58.photobucket.com/albums/g279/Skulptor/Motor%20Coach/
What I create here:   www.amstudio.us

"Imagination is more important than knowledge". Albert Einstein

Offline BG6

« Reply #51 on: June 05, 2010, 10:53:46 AM »
Too bad they won't give you a free dump with a minimum fuel purchase.

I guess that depends how long you are at the pumps, and if anyone is watching . . .

;D

A lot of rest areas have a free dump. 

Offline belfert

« Reply #52 on: June 08, 2010, 08:02:20 AM »
I know the Escapee group are upset the charge but let them go to Loves and pay the dump fee plus 5 cents a gallon more if using your credit card I will continue to by from F/J like I have for a long time

Loves was not charging a dump fee as of last October.  I use the auto pumps to fill my bus to avoid the credit card surcharge.  Yes, it takes longer, but I have more time than money.

I would use a Flying J if there was one there.
Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN

Offline ruthi

« Reply #53 on: June 08, 2010, 12:17:47 PM »
We are just glad fj is still an option, regardless of the charge. Some rv people who have no knowledge of how to dump, make messes and leave it for someone else to clean up. We have seen that in action. RV ahead of us at the dump made a huge mess, and was going to drive off and leave it, til Ken got out and told him to clean up his mess. Some people,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, I am sure that is part the reason for the charges now, But, anyhow, at least they didnt just close it down.
Mixed up Dina, ready for the road as of 12/25/2010
Home in middle Georgia, located somewhere in the
southeast most of the time.
FIRST RALLY ATTENDED: BUSSIN 2011!

Offline Jriddle

« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2010, 08:41:24 PM »
That is what is good about having choices. Some choose to pay and some will hold till they can dump for free. I would guess that free will soon go away. You got to love change.

John
John Riddle
Townsend MT
1984 MC9

Offline Fred Mc

« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2010, 10:05:14 PM »
When we moved to our farm with a septic tank I had a drain pipe put in to be able to dump the bus. The first time we used  it we dumped about 100 gallons from the tank into the septic. This overfilled the septic and flooded the field with solids which meant I had to dig up the field. So make sure your septic tank has enough capacity to handle the dump.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal