Author Topic: Is Frybrid.com scamming me? ( whining )  (Read 11422 times)

Offline belfert

Re: Is Frybrid.com scamming me? ( whining )
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2010, 07:51:52 PM »
Jerry,

Has he charged your credit card yet? If so, that is breaking CC rules. He can only charge you when it has shipped. If it is a CC, charge (I hope for your sake it is), call your CC company. You could charge it back. If it was a check, I doubt there is much you can do.

Isn't it legal to charge in advance for custom items and special orders?  I certainly have been charged in advance for things like that and it doesn't bother me.  Would you build a $3,000 custom system on the blind faith that the credit card will clear in the end?

1 year is usually way too long for a chargeback in most cases.
Brian Elfert - 1995 Dina Viaggio 1000 Series 60/B500 - 75% done but usable - Minneapolis, MN

Offline cgoodwin

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2010, 07:45:56 AM »
Mr. Duesenberry,

Your post is in no way accurate and is designed to elicit sympathy rather than communicate truth. You ordered a custom built system from Todd who worked for me, with a custom built tank. The agreement was that you would pay extra for the shipping once the tank and system were completed due to the size of the tank. When the system was completed you asked Todd not to ship it to you as you were going on a trip and no one would be there to receive it so on the shelf it went. We you returned recently you contacted me with a hostile and threatening email and post on my forum claiming to have been scammed. I contacted you and explained that Todd was no longer at Frybrid as he had suffered Kidney failure and was in treatment, but that I had found your paperwork and would be happy to send you kit to you right away. You then tried to tell me that the tank we had built for you was not the correct tank and you had paid for a much larger tank, eventually the drawings YOU sent were found and it turned out that you had decided on the smaller tank at the time of payment and now were trying to get me to build you the larger tank. I told you I was sending the tank and it was being sent by a freight company as the package was too large to go UPS or FedEx. I never asked you to pay the additional shipping as you had agreed with Todd and sent it to you a few weeks ago. I have heard not a single post or email from you since then and assumed you had received your system until someone forwarded me this post.

Typical that you would bad mouth me behind my back after attempting to scam me for a larger tank and the shipping. At this point I have lost money on the system I built for you and STILL have to deal with your annoyance. This is exactly why I do not build bus systems in general and had you been dealing with me rather than Todd I never would have agreed to build you anything. There are always plan changes at the last minute, shifting shipping addresses, impossible requests, etc.

Now that I am aware that you have no received it I will contact the shipper today and get back to you with the information, I would imagine that when they called top arrange delivery you were too busy writing this page of insults to answer and your system is sitting at the local freight depot. Man up and contact me, you have my phone number and email address. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Christopher Goodwin

Offline Len Silva

• Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe
    • Leonard Studio
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2010, 08:46:49 AM »
There is a reason that the forum rules call for no badmouthing of businesses, and this is another example.  I don't know who is right or wrong here but I am very sorry that I stuck my nose in this conversation.

Len

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.

Offline desi arnaz

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2010, 09:59:45 AM »
i do think's somebody owes mr frybrid a sincere apology.
thomas f  Bethlehem n.h

Offline Jerry32

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2010, 10:09:14 AM »
Mr. Frybrid is full of B.S. as i ask him to send the regular tank and he insisted on making the larger one. on top of that on Jul 15 i stated i would have a tank built locally if the tank was a problem. Requests for an update and whether the order was pending on Jun 10, Jul 1, Jul 15, Aug `15, Sept 16 2009 were unanswered from frybrid Mr Goodwin hides all his complaints from the history by deleteing them Jerry
1988 MCI 102A3 8V92TA 740

Offline Lin

• 1965 MC-5a
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2010, 10:18:52 AM »
Okay, so now, whether the company was remiss or not, they sound like they want to make things right.  If that is the case, they should just do so.  Ultimately, Jerry doesn't need an apology, he needs the equipment he paid for or his money.  Although possible, it seems odd to me that the stuff would be shipped, not delivered, and the vendor not know about it, but again, nothing is beyond the realm of possibility.  So my solution would be that the company send him all that he has paid for or send him a full refund immediately.  They can deal with the missing shipment problem on their own separately.  If they are not willing to do so, I would think that is a clear demonstration of who they are.  Case closed!
You don't have to believe everything you think.

Offline Jerry32

« Reply #21 on: June 10, 2010, 10:24:36 AM »
It is very amazing that the kit was assumed to be shipped and I stated on his forum that it never arrived and since he deleted that post he is aware of it. He also locked me out of his forum so I couldnt post there so to bad I posted here. As for the shipping it was charged to me on the original invoice . as for calling me I have a cell phone and is with me all the time and there have been no notices on my door.

Offline buddydawg

« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2010, 10:33:54 AM »
I am sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle.  There seems to be some movement to a resolution of the issue now. Maybe it will work itself out.
1972 GMC T6H-5308A #024

Brandon Stewart - Martinez, GA

Offline Jerry32

« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2010, 10:48:39 AM »
I hope this has done some good as I ordered the kit at about the same time as another bus order and the other guy got his kit right away becouse he seemed to be a freind of Goodwin's. I never told todd to hald the shipment unless he couldnt' get it there by Oct 1st.  Goodwin stated in Sept that the tank was built and then in April 2010 he stated it was not built . He can't keep his story straight. Jerry

HighTechRedneck

« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2010, 11:48:15 AM »
I am sure the truth lies somewhere in the middle.

That is usually the case.

And I must concur with Len.

There is a reason that the forum rules call for no badmouthing of businesses, and this is another example.  I don't know who is right or wrong here...
Len

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal