Author Topic: OK, I give up, someone hold my hand please and tell me how to post photo's here  (Read 16624 times)

Moof

Alright, it's my turn.  Usually I'm fairly good with computers.  I have yet to be able to get a photo to post.  Now that Gary has broken the ice, and some good information resulted, I'll give it another try.

This is a photo of a conversion that I took last week in Homer, AK.  I had to wait for low tide to be able to tresspass close enough to get some pictures.  That is a VW logo on the nose cone.  Does anyone recognize what it used to be?

By the way, I found a cheap ($25) jpeg optimizer at tucows.com.

Offline gumpy

• Some Assembly Required
  • Slightly modified 1982 MC9
    • bus.gumpydog.com
BTW, Gump, your kitty's eating your tubing.  Chewing little bitty kitty holes all over.  ;)

No, she's just inspecting my work to make sure it's up to her standards.

She thinks it's her bus. She gets very upset if I won't open the door for her to come in when I'm out there working.

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"

Offline DrivingMissLazy

Gary, what software do you use to put the captions directly on the photos? That is one thing that is missing on the majority of photos posted so they are for all intents and purpose useless to those wanting to know what is being shown. The software you are using could make them a lot more meaningful. 
Richard

Ok, here goes, 4 photo's.
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Offline Dave Harmer

• camping in the bush on Vancouver Island
Hello Dave PD4104 here,  I just posted after having many probs.  First go into pic that you want to select. right click, then click on properties.  This should tell you file size. Mine were all around 254KB.   Depending on your software.  go back into the picture or pictures you want to post.  single left click on file to highlight it.  Then without moving your mouse or cursor off of item.  Right click on your mouse.  menu should pop up.  You want to edit picture.  When you select edit, it may pop up with another window which has some other options.  If it has a resize option, you would click on that option.  Mine came up with smaller/larger web or smaller/larger email.  The email option tended to resize to the smallest.  I chose Web smaller.  It brought my pics down to 38. and 57 KBs which was small enough to enter.
Oh yes it will or should prompt you to save the resized picture.  Click on yes to this.  You should then be able to browse back and select it from the additional options.  If you want to double check whether it worked.  Again just right click on the pic/file and click on properties.  It will give you file size.  If it smaller than it was previously, you were successful, if not try it again.

Good luck
Dave Harmer out in Victoria, British Columbia

Offline Dave Harmer

• camping in the bush on Vancouver Island
Dave PD4104 from Victoria, BC, if it does not have the step up, it is either an older transit or possibly a 4106 gauging from the aluminum and the approximate size of side windows.

Offline NJT5047

My cat is a nuisance.  He'll get into wherever you need to be to work.  Looks for any warm item.  Got a drop light or some sort and he'll get right in front of it...until his fur begins to burn.  More than once he's cooked himself sitting in front of halogen lights. 
I worry about him visiting inside the bus and getting left inside.  He got locked inside the utility bay for about 24 hours and damaged the tank level sensor wiring.  I had to pull the freshwater tanks to fix his handiwork.  BAD cat.
This is a sample of the problem....this is also a practice posting of pix!
Cheers, JR 
JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand

Offline niles500

• Niles500
  • ROSIE
Homer Spit has some ..... shall we say .... very eclectic vehicles parked along its banks - never saw that one though
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")  

- Niles

Offline Dave Siegel

• Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything!
    • Dave Siegel Designs
I'm going to give it a try and see if I can get a picture to post. Here goes.

Dave Siegel
Dave & Jan Siegel    1948 GMC  "Silversides"
            Pinellas Park, Florida
   Dave is Host to the "Help Assist Pages"
  (Free roadside help for Bus Conversions)
         www.help-assist-list.com

Dallas

Dave Siegel

Dave,
You Done Good!

Offline gumpy

• Some Assembly Required
  • Slightly modified 1982 MC9
    • bus.gumpydog.com
My cat is a nuisance.  He'll get into wherever you need to be to work.  Looks for any warm item.  Got a drop light or some sort and he'll get right in front of it...until his fur begins to burn.  More than once he's cooked himself sitting in front of halogen lights. 
I worry about him visiting inside the bus and getting left inside.  He got locked inside the utility bay for about 24 hours and damaged the tank level sensor wiring.  I had to pull the freshwater tanks to fix his handiwork.  BAD cat.
This is a sample of the problem....this is also a practice posting of pix!
Cheers, JR 

Mine's been locked in the bus a couple times. I cut holes in the air tunnel in the middle bay which will eventually be connected into the basement air return. She loves crawling into the tunnel by the drivers seat, and coming out in the middle bay, or vice versa. A couple times she got inside the bus while I was working in the bay, and got locked in. I don't think she minded it much. When we don't see her for a day or so we check the bus to see if she's in there.

Tell me about that generator. Looks like a belt driven head.  Did you build it?

craig

Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"

Offline DrivingMissLazy

Congratulations, you got it. Almost! LOL
33.24 KB, 240x180. These numbers on the photo indicate the quality and physical size. If you can increase these numbers to the 60kb range and the others to the 800x600 range you will then have a full page, high quality photo.

Dave Siegel

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Offline NJT5047

The genset is a Yamaha EDL650 that has been removed from the sound enclosure.  All the electrical components are mounted on the wall in the first bay.  Getting onward to 100 hours of issue free service.
The engine is Kubota.  Very frugal thing to operate.   
The box has been cleaned and covered with 1" Rubbatex (Rubbetex?) steam pipe insulation.  Made it much quieter.  You may recall complaints about the noise of these units...Brian Brown had an identical unit in his other coach.   The sound insulation made a good bit of difference.  Totally acceptable now. 
As small as it is, it's a tight fit into the condenser box. 
Cheers, JR
JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand

Offline Buffalo SpaceShip

Hey, JR. Glad to see your Yamaha install!

Yup, I had the exact same unit on the 4106... frugal is right, since I hardly noticed on the fuel bill whether it was running or not. It was a bit LOUD, but I think you've got the right idea on how to combat the noise and vibration.

For those unfamiliar with the unit, here's a few pics and details of how I shoehorned mine into the old '06: http://www.brownland.org/bus/genny/

Brian
Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO

Offline Buffalo SpaceShip

Does anyone recognize what it used to be?

Looks like a GMC parlor or transit (can't see whether there's bays or not...  so '04, '06, or a Fishbowl) or even a Flx New Look.
Brian Brown
4108-216 w/ V730
Longmont, CO

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal