Author Topic: A New Feature----> Todays Worthless Trivia.  (Read 18719 times)

Offline NJT5047

Re: A New Feature----> Todays Worthless Trivia.
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2006, 06:45:15 PM »
Dallas, that last post was really good stuff to know...but, that dasterdly slanderous statement regarding North Carolina fish...up here you ain't got to get the fish drunk to....nevermind. 
BTW, glad I don't live in Michigan!  Be incarcerated for sure!  ::)
JR   8)
JR Lynch , Charlotte, NC
87 MC9, 6V92TA DDEC, HT748R ATEC

"Every government interference in the economy consists of giving an unearned benefit, extorted by force, to some men at the expense of others.”

Ayn Rand

Offline Len Silva

• Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe
    • Leonard Studio
« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2006, 09:31:37 AM »
Liquor laws can be the weirdest.  Don't know if it's still a fact but in Massachusetts where I grew up in the sixties, you could drink at a bar on Sunday (after 1:00 PM) but they took away the bar stools and you had to stand up. The bars closed at midnight on Sunday so we would race about 30 miles to the Rhode Island line where they were open til 1.

How did we live through those days?

In Maine, you could not carry your drink within the bar.  If you wanted to move to another table, a server had to carry your drink.

In Virginia when I was in the navy, if you were between 18 and 21 you could only drink the lower alcohol beer (I think it was 3.2). Over 21, you could drink the regular stuff.

I worked in Reidsville, GA and there it was beer and wine only. Except, the bars all had pints for sale and served them openly.

When I asked a bar owner why the area didn't vote wet, she said "Oh, no, We don't want that"!  The way it is now, the sheriff calls me about once a year and says "we are going to raid your place next Tuesday".  The sheriff gets a few cases of booze and we pay a couple of hundred in fines and everyone is happy.

Len

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.

Ncbob

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2006, 06:31:25 AM »
In Michigan it is NOT illegal to sell beer on Sunday, you just have to wait until 12:00 noon.

Did you know that in Michigan it is illegal to sell or drink beer on Sunday.

This sounds like a pair of conflicting statements....Hmmm ???

NCbob

Offline Dale MC8

« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2006, 08:23:21 AM »
When I was in Cape Cod in 1976, Champagne Brunch that started at 10:00 AM, did not include Champagne until after noon.
Dale MC8

In Theory, theory and practice are the same.
In Practice, they aren't.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal