Author Topic: Replacement reflectors for the MCI 9  (Read 3065 times)

Offline grantgoold

Replacement reflectors for the MCI 9
« on: August 15, 2006, 06:22:33 PM »
Looking for suggestions on the side reflectors for the 9. As you know there are six on the bus and MCI no longer makes the housings. What have you used to replace the old units.

Thanks

Grant
Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California

Offline buswarrior

• the old one: '75 MC8 with an 8V71 HT740
Re: Replacement reflectors for the MCI 9
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 06:35:55 PM »
Local truck jobber will carry reflectors that have a hole in the centre for a screw that are just a little smaller in diameter than the stock ones.

They fit in the mount rather nicely. Looks better than a faded old one when you are done!

happy coaching!
buswarrior
Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
new project: 1995 MCI 102D3, Cat 3176b, Eaton Autoshift

Offline grantgoold

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 06:38:41 PM »
buswarrior, thanks for the quick reply. I was trying to replace the entire unit. The old housings are rusted and gone. Looking for something to cover the four rivet holes 8)

Grant
Grant Goold
1984 MCI 9
Way in Over My Head!
Citrus Heights, California

JerryH

« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2006, 07:14:56 AM »
For what it's worth.

Saw a Gary L's Prevost in Canada.  He used (2) amber reflectors -- one over the other ... which I believe covered the holes.
I had the same issue on our MC-8.  I did that for one of the lost/broken reflectors and actually (personally) prefer the look of two oblong reflectors to the one big circle.  I am replacing them all that way.  It neatly covers the old holes.  Factory original?  No, but not sure that's a big issue with some busnuts. :)

Also doing the old Yankee turn signals, which (although) I have found, also prefer the look of (2) oblong turn signals to the one older metal housing.

Jerry H.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal