Author Topic: A Greek Tragedy - Continued  (Read 13437 times)

Offline gumpy

• Some Assembly Required
  • Slightly modified 1982 MC9
    • bus.gumpydog.com
Re: A Greek Tragedy - Continued
« Reply #30 on: August 18, 2006, 09:51:49 AM »
But I do stll have a car on blocks in the yard behind the barn (68 Mustang). 

Shoot, at one time you had a whole bus frame on blocks in your yard!! 

Does that make you the king of rednecks ??  :D
Craig Shepard
Located in Minnesquito

http://bus.gumpydog.com - "Some Assembly Required"

Offline FloridaCliff

• "The Mighty GMC"
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2006, 10:45:55 AM »
Isn't this about enough?
Ya' know you guys and gals really tick me off.
 or devil worshiper.

Devil Worshiper

You are so MUCH more inclusive than I   ;D

Lets have a beer in the CHAT room later    :P

See ya

Cliff
1975 GMC  P8M4905A-1160    North Central Florida

"There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded."
Mark Twain

Offline RTS/Daytona

• Pete RTS/Daytona ->'89 TMC 35' 102" 6V92TA 4:10
    • BUS CONVERSION PARTS FOR SALE / PROJECTS
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2006, 12:45:46 PM »
Unfortunately this thread has gone on way to long.

For those of you who don’t know me very well.

<> I’ve just reached the ripe old age of 60 - They say “with age - comes wisdom” - well in my case I don’t think that’s happened yet - seems the older I get - the less tolerant I become. 

<>I’ve always been outspoken and impulsive by nature. That hasn’t changed - don’t think it ever will.

<>But I do need to apologize to you all for letting my emotions get the best of me and posting that I found the “Greek Tragedy” joke offensive.  Internet Bulletin Boards are, by their very nature, - open to diverse views/opinions/tastes. I should have just ignored the posting even if I personally found the jokes subject mater  in poor taste.

<> I’m sure that most of you out there have some deep down feeling that would be offended by what most would think is a harmless joke. Perhaps those of you who have lost a love one to cancer or has a sibling that is mentally challenged would find little humor with jokes that poke fun of those subjects

<> Obviously the subject matter of the joke in question just hit a raw nerve in me. Next time I will do my best to just “let it pass”

<> For those of you who posted to remind me of the valve of a good “sense of humor” - thank you very much - normally I have a very good sense of humor.

<> For those of you that posted and questioned-
    *- my sanity
    *- my manhood
    *- my intelligence
    *-or even the fact that I found the joke “inappropriate”

SHAME ON YOU

Pete RTS/Daytona   

If you ain't part of the solution, then you're part of the problem.

JerryH

« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2006, 01:02:30 PM »
Ok, in an effort to raise my rankings on the BBS, I'll post another comment in this section, as I know nothing about anything else.  :)

First, Dallas ... when I began reading your last post, I was about to think you'd gone mad.

Isn't this about enough?  Ya' know you guys and gals really tick me off.  consider, this board is built for everyone... not just whites, blacks, chinese, Africans, AfriKaans, Jew, Mohamaden, Christian, Amerind, Jiaine, Bhuudist, or devil worshiper.  I really don't give a rat's a** what you believe.  We all have our sensitivity toward certain things and it isn't fair to any one of our members to single anyone out for ridicule.

Yes, I laughed, probably as hard as anyone else at the joke.  I would laugh just as hard about Oregon Jokes, Idaho Jokes, French, German, Jewish, Apache, Kiowa, or any number of other jokes.  However, if one person can take offencem that is too many.
I'm angry at all of you. EVERY SINGLE PERSON ON THIS BOARD!  Would you like it if someone denigrated your wife, your children or you?  How about all of you that take umbrage at being called a Son of a Bitch?

Then when I read RTS/Daytona's last response, I simply wanted to comment on his last paragraph (as it were).

*- my sanity
    *- my manhood
    *- my intelligence
    *-or even the fact that I found the joke “inappropriate”

#1.  Sanity -- clearly none of us are sane here.  We all own buses.  Spend way too much time and money on them.  We are often injured while working on them.  Some get half way done, then find a newer, wider or shinier bus ... then start all over.  So you'll not get me questioning your sanity.

#2.  Intelligence -- well this sort of dovetails with common sense to "some" degree.  We're all likely intelligent to some degree in some area of expertise which some how works well with owning a bus.  Some equate intelligence to common sense.  If you're one that does, then none of us are intelligent if you think they're the same -- refer to #1.

#3.  Manhood -- Ok, this is a tough one to offer comment or even question.  I'll take you at your word that you're not of the era of the creation of the Parthenon or mathematics and ...  :)

Lastly ... "Smile and the world smiles with you."  and  "If you haven't got anything nice to say ... come sit with me!"

Hey, let's be careful out there ... we got buses to work on!

Jerry H.

Offline Len Silva

• Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe
    • Leonard Studio
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2006, 01:04:32 PM »
Jack "Redneck" Conrad  AND PROUD OF IT. 
    I collect redneck jokes, anyone got a good one?   I have always felt that we should be able to laugh at ourselves  I have a few redneck jokes that I can say "yep, that's me'.  They did pave my road, so I can no longer say"directions to my house include turn onto the gravel road". But I do stll have a car on blocks in the yard behind the barn (68 Mustang).  Life is too short to take seriuosly, I try to find humor in something (including myself) every day.  YMMV, Jack

Jack,

If you haven't closed in the carport so your wife could open a beauty shop, then you're not a redneck yet.  ;D

Len

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #35 on: August 18, 2006, 02:13:03 PM »
Unfortunately this thread has gone on way to long.
For those of you who don’t know me very well.
<> I’ve just reached the ripe old age of 60 - They say “with age - comes wisdom” - well in my case I don’t think that’s happened yet - seems the older I get - the less tolerant I become.     
<>I’ve always been outspoken and impulsive by nature. That hasn’t changed - don’t think it ever will.
<>But I do need to apologize to you all for letting my emotions get the best of me and posting that I found the “Greek Tragedy” joke offensive.  Internet Bulletin Boards are, by their very nature, - open to diverse views/opinions/tastes. I should have just ignored the posting even if I personally found the jokes subject mater  in poor taste.
<> I’m sure that most of you out there have some deep down feeling that would be offended by what most would think is a harmless joke. Perhaps those of you who have lost a love one to cancer or has a sibling that is mentally challenged would find little humor with jokes that poke fun of those subjects
<> Obviously the subject matter of the joke in question just hit a raw nerve in me. Next time I will do my best to just “let it pass”
<> For those of you who posted to remind me of the value of a good “sense of humor” - thank you very much - normally I have a very good sense of humor.
    *- my sanity

*- my manhood

*- my intelligence    *-or even the fact that I found the joke “inappropriate”

SHAME ON YOU
Pete RTS/Daytona       
[/b]

Pete for what it's worth I apologize, I should have left it alone from the begining. Probably even more so after finally having had the joke sent to me ! So I apologize for steping over the line of decency ! BK  ;D

but,
Hahahahahahaha, HAHAHAHAHA, HAHAHAHA
No matter what ethincy is used it is still pretty DAMN FUNNY if ya ask me, and well if ya don't ask ................
I still think it was/is ! LMAO ! BK

Opps I'll go back to behaving now!
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline oldmansax

« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2006, 05:49:09 PM »
I was going to leave this alone but being the joke has been reposted and for some reason I can not reply to the new posting I will reply here.

I am NOT offended. That said, the joke, or ANY joke for that matter, with the possible exception of bus related jokes are inappropriate and against the rules of this BB as I read them:

Forum Rules
This BB is intended for the sole purpose of sharing conversion and bus related information among visitors to our web site.

I personally would like to see the board remain rated "G" so I can recommend it to others without being concerned THEY might be offended.

Besides, if you are going to bend the rules for one person why can't you bend them for someone else... like the guy who offered something for sale here? What's the difference?
1995 Wanderlodge WB40 current
1985 Wanderlodge PT36
1990 Holiday Rambler
1982 Wanderlodge PT40
1972 MCI MC7

Offline phil4501

« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2006, 06:03:26 PM »
To post jokes is fair game in my opinion. Too not let me reply is wrong. Let me in the thread. I'll behave, honest.

Phil ZISAKIS

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2006, 07:33:41 PM »
Ok,

Original topic is now unlocked....

Post all you want but, be careful... I wont put up with slander on others.

Nick-
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Dallas

« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2006, 07:40:03 PM »
Ok,

Original topic is now unlocked....

Post all you want but, be careful... I wont put up with slander on others.

Nick-

Hear Here!
I will not put up with it either.

I'm a pretty nice guy, and so is Nick, Richard, Phil and Jack, but please remember.. we, none of us, want this board to become what it use to be.

Let's all keep it clean and enjoyable for everyone.

Offline plyonsMC9

• Global Moderator
  • Big Wheels Turnin'
    • PhilLyons.com
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2006, 07:41:22 PM »
Amen!
Regards, Phil
Northern Arizona / 1983 - MC9, 1995 MCI DL3-45

Offline Hartley

« Reply #41 on: August 20, 2006, 04:04:00 AM »
To be honest...

It would be better if jokes and trivia junk were not posted here, It wastes space, time and attention span.

There is more wasted message space by people who tend to stray way off topic and even sometimes into wierdness.

Lets stop the silly nonsense please. I have been trying to get someone to answer a couple of questions for almost a week. My messages all have been pushed way down the list out of sight by all this "Joke & Insult" crap.

This is " The United States of the Offended " Get over it Please.
Never take a knife to a gunfight!

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2006, 12:02:07 PM »
Dr. Dave, I understand yer frustration of not receiving replies to your post's causing them to sink down, down, down. But I read every new post that shows up as a new post when I open the site, evveerryy time I open it ! I wish I had some useful information to offer you, but the fact is I don't ! So I read the post and moved on ! Just because people don't answer or replie to your requests doesn't mean we're not reading them, and just because we all like to blow of a little steam and laff once in a while doesn't mean your post's are any less important ! It simply means we know more about laffing or blowing off, than we do your requests, asking to do away with humor will not result in instant & intelligent replies to your post's ! I don't mean to, and hope that I'm not offending you by giving you my opinion on something I do have a little bit of input on ! If I could at all help you with your radiator issues I sure would try ! Best of luck, have a good day & enjoy the humor while ya can, it could be non-existant in the very near future the way the gubberment is outlawing or taxing anything they find that the people enjoy! BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2006, 02:22:58 PM »
I agree with BK. I also think a little humor occasionally helps.
Also, people like DR. Dave are already way more knowledgeable about buses than the majority of the board members, so I suspect that there are relatively few who can answer a technical question that he poses. And not many have a spare radiator laying around. LOL I really do not think anyone is ignoring you Doc, just not able to help.
Richard

Dr. Dave, I understand yer frustration of not receiving replies to your post's causing them to sink down, down, down. But I read every new post that shows up as a new post when I open the site, evveerryy time I open it ! I wish I had some useful information to offer you, but the fact is I don't ! So I read the post and moved on ! Just because people don't answer or replie to your requests doesn't mean we're not reading them, and just because we all like to blow of a little steam and laff once in a while doesn't mean your post's are any less important ! It simply means we know more about laffing or blowing off, than we do your requests, asking to do away with humor will not result in instant & intelligent replies to your post's ! I don't mean to, and hope that I'm not offending you by giving you my opinion on something I do have a little bit of input on ! If I could at all help you with your radiator issues I sure would try ! Best of luck, have a good day & enjoy the humor while ya can, it could be non-existant in the very near future the way the gubberment is outlawing or taxing anything they find that the people enjoy! BK  ;D
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal