Author Topic: Bussin' 2007 Update  (Read 9189 times)

Offline JackConrad

• Orange Blossom Special II
  • 73' MC-8 8V71/HT740 Southwest Florida
Bussin' 2007 Update
« on: August 17, 2006, 04:16:08 AM »
   First, hands-on seminars, I have one person that would like his bus used for a headliner replacement seminar. We need an experienced person to lead this seminar.  Any volunters?  I also have a volunteer to lead a seminar on replacing the cooling unit in a Dometic refrigerator if anyone needs this done. We are also working on a cruise control installation seminar. If anyone has any other suggestions, please let me know.
   Second, We are going to try a few different things for entertainment this year. If anyone that is planning to attend Biussin' 2007 has a Karaoke machine, please contact me.
   Third, I received a confirmation on camping fees and hope to have the registration form on the BBs this weekend.
   Fourth, If anyone has any suggestions, comments, or questions, please contact me at jconradATdesotoDOTnet.  Jack
Growing Older Is Mandatory, Growing Up Is Optional
Arcadia, Florida, When we are home
http://s682.photobucket.com/albums/vv186/OBS-JC/

Offline buswarrior

• the old one: '75 MC8 with an 8V71 HT740
Re: Bussin' 2007 Update
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 03:00:28 PM »
Hello Jack.

The arts and crafts activities last year were enjoyed by all who participated. At some point at Bussin'06, the women, and those who support them, were talking about what other things might be put on for those who are less greasy finger nail oriented? And which might involve a more balanced attendance of the genders?

I mention this out of fear, as I happened to be standing there, encouraging the discussion.... and don't want a scolding....

If I remember correctly, Molson powered as I was, stereotypical "little woman" topics or activites received a considerable amount of scorn and derision.

I post this as an open appeal!

Everyone reading this, please help Jack out! 

What have you seen out there that "His and Her" would participate in, and what would a "modern Her" want to do?

Oh geez, I'm probably in more trouble now than if I kept my mouth shut....

Here's to Bussin' 07!!!!

happy coaching!
buswarrior
Frozen North, Greater Toronto Area
new project: 1995 MCI 102D3, Cat 3176b, Eaton Autoshift

Offline white-eagle

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 08:41:28 PM »
i'll be bringing a projection unit for the seminars Jack.  and i need that cruise control, so if you need a bus to install it on, i volunteer.
as for activities for the non-greasy, i would suggest a yard sale.  everyone bring something that is nice, but obsolete on our unit, maybe good for yours.  this of course would not include bus parts, just doilies, statuetes, plant pots, etc.

personnaly, i thought fran had a great time, and there weren't any "scheduled" activities last year.

Tom
1991 Eagle 15 and proud of it.
8V92T, 740, Fulltime working on the road.

Fran was called to a higher duty 12/16/13. I lost my life navigator.

Offline JackConrad

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2006, 04:10:07 AM »
BW,
  Thanks for reminding me, We are also looking for crafts and other events for the ladies. Anyone have any suggestions?  Jack

Offline DrivingMissLazy

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2006, 06:59:26 AM »
Jack, don't know if I will be able to make it this year or not. Especially since I no longer have a bus.
Miss Lazy does have a Karaoke machine complete with lots of country and western disc's. Also, you probably would not want to listen to Tammy again after hearing ML belt out a few of her specials, and her Stand By Your Man is awesome, but of course I am prejudiced. LOL

Anyhow, If we do decide to come down, I will bring everything needed.
Richard
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Offline Wormy 402

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2006, 12:27:56 PM »
Hi Jack:  I have a karakoe machine that you follow the words on a built in tv screen.  i allso have about 100 songs of different artist's.  I will bring it with me if we can get there.  My problem is without shade, or a power hook up, we will have to stay in campground, unless the weather is quite cool, as our windows do not open, and Jackie's bird would die if it became too hot inside.  If this appeals to you, let me know.     See Ya:    Duane Britt

Ncbob

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2006, 05:09:36 PM »
Jack,

I heard your call for activities for the ladies at Bussin' 2007 and asked my bride, who is well versed in crafts and the like and is also an expert quilter to volunteer. 
It might take some time but I've asked her to talk with the wives of: Chuck Lott (Linda), Dallas(Cat), Florida Cracker, (Julie) and a few others and see what they might be able to put together of interest in doing as a project.

Since she hasn't, as yet, met Paula she might wish to speak with her and I'll see if we can't get them together at the Dallas bash.

Somehow I feel confident that they are as anxious to get on with their interests as we guys are in ours.

If there's any way we can get them to link up...there's no doubt in my mind that they'll find a common ground.

We'll have had the advandage to attending two get-togethers between now and Bussin 2007 so there's time for the girls to have a 'meeting of the minds'.

But, then, as an experienced husband you already know that you can 'lead a horse to drink ...but you can't make him water".

Here's hoping....

Bob

Offline Rich (Prevost)

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2006, 02:37:16 PM »
Jack,

I will get with our friends at KingCruise to see what options we may have on the cruise control seminar.......I know Fred Hobe had some good info on headliners, etc.......

Rich
800-468-5287

Offline JackConrad

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2006, 03:49:09 PM »
Thamks Rich,
    I talked to Fred Hobe the other night and he will not be able to make Bussin' 2007. He will be visiting family.  Jack

Online rv_safetyman

• Jim Shepherd
    • Bus Project Details
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2006, 05:23:35 AM »
Hi Jack.

Pat and I still plan on making your great event.  Pat would love to do her Rubber Stamped Greeting Cards class (two sessions quickly "sold out" at the FMCA Rally) and I am prepared to do my safety related seminars. 

I talked to Sonnie Gray and they plan on attending so we could again do the engine conversion seminar/round table.  That was a lot of fun last year.

Just let us know what you want us to do.
Jim Shepherd
Evergreen, CO
’85 Eagle 10/Series 60/Eaton AutoShift 10 speed transmission
Somewhere between a tin tent and a finished product
Bus Project details: http://beltguy.com/Bus_Project/busproject.htm
Blog:  http://rvsafetyman.blogspot.com/

Offline Homegrowndiesel

• Vegetable oil, Rudolf Diesel's original fuel
  • 73-05 Eagle
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2006, 08:42:10 PM »
Hey Jack & Paula

Sounds like good plans again this year, and another good time.
Roberta & I plan on attending again this year. We have 25,000 Karaoke songs, books, Computer harddrive based system, and I would be glad to host a night or 2 of Karaoke. The amp and speakers I could bring would be marginal for a large venue (mixing board, big amps & speakers have to stay @ work) but if you are going to have the sound setup like you have had for the last couple of years that we could plug into that would be great.  Let me know, I could probably scrounge up more speakers if needed. I believe some of the Karaoke stars and solid gold dancers that attended  the Delaware Bus Rally are going show up to get the party started,,,,, or ended  ;) 

Roberta promised she would do another food carving & garnishing seminar this year if thats ok. Something about calling all angels to help out as they did last year (Elaine, Gail, and the Wonky Wood Works folks) and for the seasoned vetrans do not forget your mellon and sharp paring knife, newbies will be provided raddishes or something to carve up. (not my job mon)

We look forward to seeing everyone again, and let us know how we can help.

Bill Glenn

Aerodynamic Eagle & MCI 102a3, 102d3 and NABI series 50 transit. Busnut x4

Offline DC_Bus_Nut

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2006, 09:19:29 PM »
That a boy Bill. I love you and you'r train of thought here!!

Offline JackConrad

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2006, 04:07:57 AM »
Bill,
  Ihat sounds great!  I am sure Roberta will have plenty of help with her Garnish class.  In addition to singing, I was thinking about "Bus Tales" where people can tell about funny, strange, unusual experinces they have had in this wonderful world of busnuts. I will check on the sound system and let you know.

Jim,
  Since it was such a hit last year, I will schedule the engine swap seminar that you and Sonnie did last year. I will also schedule your safety seminars and Pat's Stamping class.

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2006, 04:22:54 AM »
Jack,

I'll be there wed. just after christmass. Let me know what kind of help you need. [electrical, parking, general help, ect..]

Nick & Michelle
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Offline Christyhicks

• 1991 Beaver Prevost LeMirage XL
« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2006, 07:12:34 PM »
Ok, well, I know this is going to sound weird, but, :-\ um,  :-[well, ??? I really planned on learning as much as possible about the mechanical aspects of the bus.  I mean, it's not that I don't like to sew and paint and do needle point and stuff, but I know how to do that stuff. . . I want to learn things I don't know.  I know practically nothing about the mechanical side of our bus, so I thought there might be some cool stuff to learn. 8) 

I'm afraid I'm just not very good at fitting in. :-[  Christy Hicks

If chased by a bear, you don't need to run faster than the bear, just faster than your companion!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal