Author Topic: BCM July Print Edition  (Read 2835 times)

HighTechRedneck

BCM July Print Edition
« on: July 12, 2010, 08:17:42 PM »
As every bus nut knows, Murphy loves to hang out around bus nuts.  And he is spending too much time with us lately.

Due to two different problems, the print edition of the July issue of BCM went out 2 weeks late.

To make this a little less disappointing and aggravating to our readers who are online, we are making the July issue freely available online.

To view it, go to:

www.BusConversions.com/july.pdf

We apologize to our subscribers for the inconvenience.

Offline mountain goat

Re: BCM July Print Edition
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 09:50:18 PM »
I need to subscribe to the print version of this magazine! How can i do that? Can I subscribe and pay online somewhere?
"We had motor trouble that turned into a struggle half way across Alabam'  ....  Well that Hound broke down and left us all stranded in downtown Birmingham"  ..... Elvis

Offline Sean

• Geek.
  • '85 Neoplan Spaceliner "Odyssey"
    • Our Odyssey
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 06:56:11 AM »
... Can I subscribe and pay online somewhere?

You will find instructions for subscribing here:
http://www.busconversions.com/magazine.html

-Sean
http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com
Full-timing in a 1985 Neoplan Spaceliner since 2004.
Our blog: http://OurOdyssey.BlogSpot.com

Offline mikelutestanski

• Mikes Metal Mistress
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 09:27:13 AM »
Hello:     Are you still looking for a conversion for a mag article?    I have to do insurance stuff and it is just as easy to send you most of the stuff if any one would be interested.  I do have a bunch of extra stuff like the dash air system and the webasto , and the engine conversion . I think most have seen the engine conversion stuff  with the other articles I have heard about; I wonder if that has any interest.   Let me know who to send info to. I have just returned home so now would be a good time.
   FWIW...   
  Regards and happy bussin  mike
Mike Lutestanski   Dunnellon Florida
  1972 MCI 7
  L10 Cummins  B400R  4.625R

Offline mountain goat

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2010, 09:42:36 AM »
Got it ... just signed up ;D

Thanks!
"We had motor trouble that turned into a struggle half way across Alabam'  ....  Well that Hound broke down and left us all stranded in downtown Birmingham"  ..... Elvis

HighTechRedneck

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 11:25:16 AM »
Hello:     Are you still looking for a conversion for a mag article?    I have to do insurance stuff and it is just as easy to send you most of the stuff if any one would be interested.  I do have a bunch of extra stuff like the dash air system and the webasto , and the engine conversion . I think most have seen the engine conversion stuff  with the other articles I have heard about; I wonder if that has any interest.   Let me know who to send info to. I have just returned home so now would be a good time.
   FWIW...   
  Regards and happy bussin  mike

Very interested.  Your bus would make a great Featured Bus and you have a great deal of knowledge to share.  Besides a feature article, a lot of the things you've done on it would make good stand-a-lone "how to" articles if you are interested in writing those up in detail.

The next available Featured Bus slot is the November issue (deadline is October 10th, but the earlier the better.  Letting us know asap that you are planning to do it is important because we plan the feature out as far in advance as we can.)

If you are interested in doing some how-to articles on some of the things you've done on your bus, the September issue is available (August 10th deadline, but let us know as early as possible so we can plan for it).  Such articles can be as large (i.e. reskinning your bus) or small (i.e. installing your fuel pro system) as you want to do.

On the engine repower you did, I think an in depth "How I did it" article with photos and detailed telling of the process and the challenges (and how your worked them out) would be of interest to many.  It is a major project that I suspect many struggle with "could I do this myself".  Seeing a close up and descriptive article on how you did it, might inspire them or if they aren't up to it, save them from starting a project they couldn't finish on their own.

Looking forward to it.

Offline divinerightstrip

• 1990 Le Mirage XL
    • getting there by bus
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 02:14:06 PM »
Oh, I love the funny graphic that you put on my picture of the broken crank!!! HAHAHAHA!!! You guys are awesome. Hope I have enough time to accomplish enough for another article. We'll see!! :)

-DRT
The Bus Girl

Offline edvanland

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 10:56:07 AM »
HighTechRedneck
Thanks for your help yesterday in signing up for the magazine. 
ED
Ed Van
MCI 7
Cornville, AZ

Offline Chopper Scott

• MCI 7
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2010, 05:26:53 PM »
Great story Anja. Many of us are always advising newbies to buy an already converted coach as it really is financially wiser at this time but then again those that do such miss the journey. I bought an already converted coach and  still have some major stories to tell but they pale in comparison to an entire 8v92! Looking forwards to more stories!
Seven Heaven.... I pray a lot every time I head down the road!!
Bad decisions make good stories.

Offline happycamperbrat

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2010, 09:42:53 PM »
I can only get the cover page to load  ???
The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post

HighTechRedneck

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 09:51:30 PM »
That is strange.  I just did a test and it loaded all of it.

What browser version (e.g. Internet Explorer 7, Firefox 3.6, etc.) and operating system (e.g. Windows XP sp3, Windows Vista, Mac OSX, etc.) and what version of Adobe Reader are you using?

Offline happycamperbrat

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2010, 02:12:18 AM »
Google Chrome, Windows Vista and Adobe Reader 9 Puter stuff I can figure out lol
The Little GTO is a 102" wide and 40' long 1983 GMC RTS II and my name is Teresa in case I forgot to sign my post

Offline Dreamscape

• Dreamscape
  • Global Moderator
  • 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V92T Allison 740 #7443
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2010, 03:24:36 AM »
I just tried it and it worked fine for me. Using IE and Adobe 9, Windows Vista Business.

Paul

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.

Offline happycamperbrat

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2010, 11:09:33 AM »
I can see it with IE too, but not Google Chrome. Tanks!!

HighTechRedneck

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2010, 12:27:21 PM »
Hmm, I just tried it in Chrome and sure enough it won't display the other pages.  It seems to be reporting a font problem.  I discuss it with Chad and see if he can do something different on the export to resolve that.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal