Author Topic: For sale  (Read 16674 times)

Offline DrivingMissLazy

Re: For sale
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2006, 08:55:54 AM »
As much as I hate to admit it, Being the tightwad and scrounger that I am, I have to agree with the PTB's at MAK.
In our system, if there isn't a profit to be made, there isn't an incentive to continue. Altruism is wonderful, but it doesn't buy groceries or shoes or goodies for the coach.
Personally I haven't subscribed to Coach Conversions Magazine for a few reasons, one of which is that I'm not in one spot long enough usually to justify subscribing to a lot of stuff that will get lost in the mail when forwarded.
Now that I have a 2 year commitment to be where I am, while my wife has an upwardly mobile job, insurance and benefits, and I have my job repairing RV's, working on buses and collecting tools and stuff, I'll be subscribing.
I think it's only fair that I give back to the people that have helped me get where I am with my bus.
I've made a mistake once or twice and posted on this and the old board with something for sale, but,I did it without thinking.
For that I apologize.
I don't think that a small charge for an advertizement is too much to ask and as soon as I can afford it, I'll be adding my own ads to the MAK group.
No matter how little is charged, or what is not allowed on the board, people, being what they are, will find a way around it to do what they want. It's the nature of the beast. The ONLY way to administer this and any other board is the honor system, or, in other words, trusting in people.
If all you cheap a**ed S*B's want to keep a great place to congregate and freely exchange thought's and information, support the MAK systyem.
I'm crawling down off my soapbox now,
Thank you for your time.
Mike, Keep up the Great Work!
Dallas
PD-4103-1085

One of the other boards I frequent (Power King Tractors) has included on the board an auction function. Please realize this is an opinion, but the beauty of an on board auction is that it is directed to a group of people that have a direct interest in the parts offered for sale instead of thousands of people who generally have no interest in bus parts.

Parts posted on eBay tend to get lost in the mass of items offered and even lost in the correct search heading. This should eliminate some of the game playing and give all members an equal opportunity to obtain a needed part.

I really do not know how difficult this would be to manage, but Mike would be assured of a proper commission on each part sold.

Richard
Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body. But rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, a good Reisling in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming:  WOO HOO, what a ride

Offline Nick Badame Refrig/ACC

• 1989, MCI 102C3, 8V92T, HT740, 06' conversion FMCA# F-27317-S "Wife- 1969 Italian/German Style"
  • Global Moderator
  • Nick & Michelle Badame
    • Nick Badame Refrigeration LLC
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2006, 03:48:10 PM »
Hay, Even a moderator can think out loud!

My thoughts, we can have a "Trader Box" For you guys that don't think there should be a fee for listing!

This box will be for "Free for the takers only"  It can also be used for " looking for stuff"

Than, The classifides. [ phil will tell you whats it's called soon]  Where there will be a small fee for items sold!

I belive this is the only fair way to do it!  If I were not a busisness owner mabe I would look at it differently!

Nick Badame
Whatever it takes!-GITIT DONE! 
Commercial Refrigeration- Ice machines- Heating & Air/ Atlantic Custom Coach Inc.
Master Mason- Cannon Lodge #104
https://www.facebook.com/atlanticcustomcoach
www.atlanticcustomcoach.com

Offline Danny

• 87' MCI 102A3 - getting there...
    • Personal Web Page
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2006, 07:12:28 PM »
I'm all for a for sale section - as long as it did not mix in with the "good talk"   ;D

Danny
I have heard it said, "life comes at you fast".  I didn't know it would be in the shape of a bus  :-)

Offline busnut104

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2006, 07:36:49 PM »
How about a yearly fee to register and use the board. How about 10.00 a year, this will also help the unwanted spam, and you will only have people serious about our hobby. I know that I have gotten a lot more of enjoyment and information then I have from my monthly fee for tv. Whats 10 dollars today for hours that we spend on this board. Maybe this is not even enough. I think the free ride should be over. Ok let me have it, I have broad shoulders. 

Offline onemule

• onemule
  • boulder city and waiting
    • onemule
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2006, 07:37:10 PM »
Yes it's true, let it be known that i am one of those tight wad bus owners, BUT a man who works hard for a living should be rewarded !!!! I do not subscribe to Mikes magizine because im new and just learned about it 3 weeks ago, but probably still wont because im moving this week  and my life will be in the air ,(so to speak)  I am on the computer 24/7 and if MAK was published via the BB, then i would most likely subscribe, With being a newbie I need your unwanted items and i (personally think that we, busnuts should be paying for this BB after all ,Dont We , benefit from it, So Mike if you want you can addd $20.00 to the money i owe you and i will be glad to pay you
 the same every year for this BB. I LOVE IT, Can't tell you how much its helped me out, I look forward every day to reading the articles, and just lisening too all of you and your bs, anyway im a newbie ,my thoughts should not be considered,  THANKS to all of you who post and to Mike,Phil, Nick and anyone else who is involved.

Randall (onemule)

Offline mak

• Southern California location
    • www.motorcabin.com
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2006, 08:58:24 PM »
Thank you all for the comments. I'm off for a few days, but Friday I'll be at it. I think a free listing for the cheap stuff and a  fair fee for the more expensive stuff.. Well try it out, if it doesn't work, we can change it. Maybe an honor system or sort... pay what you think the ad is worth. But we will get something up pretty quick, thanks for your patience. And that to Phil, Nick and the rest!
I may have started it, but you'll have to finish it!
Located in So CA (Orange County)

Offline Melbo

• MC8 under construction
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2006, 10:04:08 PM »
Just a thought from someone who loves this board

If you want to sell stuff up to a given dollar amount join the board for an annual fee.

Anyone joining can post for sale items -- maximum five posts at a time as an example

The ads are available to anyone viewing the board member or not

That way any one who posts items is paying something. Leave the listing just on the net for like 7 days  unless they pay for the Mag ad

I am not sure what you could do but maybe make the mag available online for members ( extra online content)

So as a summary -- Have a board membership that includes the mag online and an opportunity to sell stuff for a membership fee.

To sell major dollar items -- repowers etc -- should be done separately on another forum or in the Mag.

Just my thoughts.

Melbo
If it won't go FORCE it ---- if it breaks it needed to be replaced anyway
Albuquerque, NM   MC8 L10 Cummins ZF

Offline mak

• Southern California location
    • www.motorcabin.com
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2006, 07:04:39 AM »
I think that if we started a membership fee, we would lose all the newbies that are just getting started. And... I'm geting to old to hear all the "BS" that will be thrown at me.  Lots of people, who can afford a $10 fee don't like to hassel it on a new board. I see no harm in having free ads for people wanting to clean out things, but if they are selling something of more value, a small fee to help things along won't hurt anyone. Not the seller, not the buyer, not the reader. But a fee will cut out a lot of the "garbage" type ads... but not all. I'm off! Enjoy
I may have started it, but you'll have to finish it!
Located in So CA (Orange County)

Offline dug

• 75 MC8, Arcadia, FL
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2006, 07:40:02 AM »
You guys are killing me. Less than $1,000 free, $10 for items more than $1,000... come on, help me buy a tank of fuel for the bus. I'm thinking under $50 free,  $50 to $200 charge $5 then maybe $10 up to a $1,000.  Keep in mind that the ad will also be placed in the magazine, but hopeful the item will sell before the mag hits the street.  Shoot, a gallon of Diesel is $3 now, a cup of coffee at Starbucks is $4 (I get mine at 7-11 for 75 cents). Anyway, sleep on it, and tell me what it's worth to get that crap out of the belly of your bus.

Mak,

I was just trying to put forth an idea, not set any rates.  I think the rates you listed are more than reasonable.  Those fees would be dwarfed by shipping in most cases.

My .03 cents.

Dug
75 MC8
Arcadia, FL

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal