Author Topic: Bus Scrap Yards within 200 miles of Charlotte NC???  (Read 7084 times)

Offline Highway Yacht

• *****Jimmy*****
  • Locust, North Carolina
    • WWW.MciBusTalk.Com
Bus Scrap Yards within 200 miles of Charlotte NC???
« on: July 16, 2010, 12:05:57 PM »
Does anyone know of any Bus Scrap Yards anywhere within 200 miles of Charlotte NC.... or know anyone who owns an RTS that they are willing to part out? I'm trying to find an RTS Model 06 parts bus to remove some body panels for my conversion.
1979 MC-9  8V71-Turbo / HT740             * www.MciBusTalk.com *
Locust, North Carolina                           A Site Dedicated To MCI's

Offline robertglines1

• steam nut
Re: Bus Scrap Yards within 200 miles of Charlotte NC???
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 12:41:44 PM »
east tenn---Visone  606-843-9889  cho cho area
Bob@Judy  98 XLE prevost with 3 slides --Home done---last one! SW INdiana

Offline ArtGill

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2010, 07:58:04 PM »
There is a RTS sitting in a field near the Beaufort, NC airport (MRH).  It was purchased at auction about 5 years ago in Raleigh, driven to where it sits.  If interested, I can get some pictures and ID plate info.

Art     
Art & Cheryll Gill
Morehead City, NC
1989 Eagle Model 20 NJT, 6v92ta

Offline Highway Yacht

• *****Jimmy*****
  • Locust, North Carolina
    • WWW.MciBusTalk.Com
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2010, 12:57:21 PM »
There is a RTS sitting in a field near the Beaufort, NC airport (MRH).  It was purchased at auction about 5 years ago in Raleigh, driven to where it sits.  If interested, I can get some pictures and ID plate info.

Art     

Art,
Do you happen to know who the bus owner is or maybe who the property owner is???...so I could get in touch with them to see if they would be willing to sell any parts off of it, if it happens to be an 06 model... I would hate to have you going to the trouble of taking pictures if they are not willing to part it out..

Thanks,
Jimmy

Offline Mike in GA

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 08:44:17 AM »
A good buddy of mine died last year, and he was 75% finished on an RTS conversion. His widow in Spartanburg SC is looking to unload the bus. It had a recently remanned 6v92 engine (Blatz? Blitz? A shop in Chicago if memory serves). The bus has a genny, cabinetry, new fridge, roof airs, all electrical and plumbing, sedan entry door, slider windows, etc. Not sure about holding tanks. It is geared for city use, tops out at 58 mph, and still has the city tires. Let me know if you are interested and I can put you in touch with her.
Mike in GA
Past President, Southeast Bus Nuts. Busin' for almost 20 years in a 1985 MC 96a3 with DD 8v92 and a 5 speed Allison c/r.

Offline ArtGill

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 09:20:25 AM »
I hope to get time to go look at the bus and get the info off the ID plate.  I do know the owner and if it is something you can use, I'll get you in touch with him.

Art
Art & Cheryll Gill
Morehead City, NC

Offline Highway Yacht

• *****Jimmy*****
  • Locust, North Carolina
    • WWW.MciBusTalk.Com
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 11:05:44 AM »
I hope to get time to go look at the bus and get the info off the ID plate.  I do know the owner and if it is something you can use, I'll get you in touch with him.

Art

Thanks alot.. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it is an 06 model. More than likely it is, if he bought it 5 years ago from Raleigh. I do remember seeing several Raleigh RTS buses they have auctioned off over the past several years and all of them have been 06 models. I just hope he is willing to sell some of the fiberglass body panels off of it.

Jimmy

Offline garhawk

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2010, 03:12:58 PM »
Hi jlink,

Try Baxter Bus Sales/Service in Baxter, Tn.

Sorry that I have put aside and can't find their business card but, you should be able to find them through phone information or, the internet.  Baxter is a very small town.

I have bought RTS parts there in the recent past and, they have several 06 models in the lot.
gary t'berry
Eagle Mod 20 DD ser 60 w/slide
GMC RTS 102"  40er (in progress)

Offline ArtGill

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2010, 03:54:31 PM »
Jimmy,

Here is the information on the RTS in Beaufort, NC.  It is a GM Coach, manufactured 1/6/1982, model# 180604, S# 820134.  The tire are holding air, it is missing three doors, rear engine hatch and a left front corner.  I understand it was driven from Raleigh to Beaufort.  Also it is a 6V92TA.  Let me know if you are interested and I'll get you in touch with the owner.

Art
Art & Cheryll Gill
Morehead City, NC

Offline Highway Yacht

• *****Jimmy*****
  • Locust, North Carolina
    • WWW.MciBusTalk.Com
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2010, 06:03:29 PM »
Thanks for all your troubles Art, but that is an 04 Model and the pieces I am needing will not work on my 06. Would have been nice if they would have worked since that would have meant a trip to the coast for me.

Thanks Again,
Jimmy

Offline Highway Yacht

• *****Jimmy*****
  • Locust, North Carolina
    • WWW.MciBusTalk.Com
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2010, 06:16:19 PM »
Hi jlink,

Try Baxter Bus Sales/Service in Baxter, Tn.

Sorry that I have put aside and can't find their business card but, you should be able to find them through phone information or, the internet.  Baxter is a very small town.

I have bought RTS parts there in the recent past and, they have several 06 models in the lot.

Thanks for the info but thats a little further than I would want to drive. It looks like about a 14 hour round trip for me in just driving alone plus a couple hours to remove the parts needed. Only other option would be to pay to have the parts removed and then pay motor freight charges to ship them...  I'm afraid all that may put the cost of the wanted parts out of sight especially since I've heard that Baxters is very proud of what they have and it shows in their prices.

Offline NewbeeMC9

• NewbeeMC9
  • 1981 MC9 8V71, HT 740
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2010, 01:20:27 AM »

You can try your luck with Easters.

Do a search on the forum.
It's all fun and games til someone gets hurt. ;)

Offline scanzel

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2010, 09:51:57 AM »
Try Nimco Bus in New Jersey, They scrape a lot of NY, NJ and Deleware buses, especially city types.
Steve Canzellarini
Myrtle Beach, SC
1989 Prevost XL

Offline Charles in SC

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2010, 05:43:30 PM »
Dean's bus service in Chapel Hill. I do not have their number with me at this time. I have it at work. I will try to remember to get it tomorrow. I bought some window glass from them a few years back out of their junk yard. What parts are you needing?
S8M 5303 built in 1969, converted in 2000

Offline Highway Yacht

• *****Jimmy*****
  • Locust, North Carolina
    • WWW.MciBusTalk.Com
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2010, 04:10:41 AM »
Dean's bus service in Chapel Hill. I do not have their number with me at this time. I have it at work. I will try to remember to get it tomorrow. I bought some window glass from them a few years back out of their junk yard. What parts are you needing?

I'm needing the 2 long body panels for the driver's side that are just below the windows and above the bay doors for a 1989 RTS Model 06. I'm only about 2 hours from Chapel Hill.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal