Author Topic: Frybrid gone?  (Read 9172 times)

Offline Jerry32

Frybrid gone?
« on: July 21, 2010, 08:57:55 AM »
Well I see that frybrid website is no longewr available  so it seems he did steal my money as i have never recieved anything from hom Jerry
1988 MCI 102A3 8V92TA 740

Offline ddarind

Re: Frybrid gone?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 08:59:54 AM »
http://www.frybrid.com works for me, was it a different site?

Offline Jerry32

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 09:01:34 AM »
I clicked on your link and got web hosting not frybrid ans when I went to google it said site not availabvle Jerry

Offline Jeremy

• 1987 Bedford Plaxton
    • Magazine Exchange
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 09:06:16 AM »
Working for me...could be that the web hosting page is in your cache - try Ctrl-F5 to clear it. Or it could be that the site is up-and-down

Jeremy
A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.

HighTechRedneck

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 09:09:10 AM »
It's working for me too.

Sometimes out on the world wide web there can be a router go down and it can take a few minutes to a few hours for the web to route around it.  During that time a site can appear down to people who get routed through the bad router.  It can have nothing to do with your ISP or the site's hosting provider.  Just one of many "hops" as the connection gets passed through the web.

Offline Jerry32

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 09:09:51 AM »
I tried a different computer and still got the same thing is it possible that he has some way of blocking me even with a different computer that hasn't been on his web site?> Jerry

Offline Jerry32

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 09:16:38 AM »
No matter what I am unable to access the frybrid web site and all I get is uk2,net so amounts to the same thing he is somehow blocking me and will not ship my order or even answer my e mail requests so it's still theft to me. Jerry

Offline Jeremy

• 1987 Bedford Plaxton
    • Magazine Exchange
« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2010, 09:24:38 AM »
I tried a different computer and still got the same thing is it possible that he has some way of blocking me even with a different computer that hasn't been on his web site?> Jerry
It's technically possible if both computers are using the same connection (IP address) - but I don't think that's likely as it wouldn't be a straightforward thing to do. I suspect HTR has it right

No matter what I am unable to access the frybrid web site and all I get is uk2,net so amounts to the same thing he is somehow blocking me and will not ship my order or even answer my e mail requests so it's still theft to me. Jerry

Interestingly UK2.net is a British hosting company; nothing to stop an American company hosting in the UK, but it's not a smart thing to do as it would hurt their search engine ranking quite badly.

If it's any help or consolation (probably not), Frybrid say the following on their site:

Todd our Office guy recently took ill and was diagnosed with near complete liver failure and has been unable to work, as a result I have been working 12 hour days trying to understand his filing system and get the orders shipped. Please send email if you have any questions regarding your order as I have little time for the phone right now. Hopefully I will get all this sorted out in the next week or so

Jeremy
A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.

Offline Dreamscape

• Dreamscape
  • Global Moderator
  • 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V92T Allison 740 #7443
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2010, 09:26:22 AM »
I just tried it and it worked OK.

Maybe you have the site checked as do not trust in your Internet Options? Just a wild guess.

Why don't you call him? Sometimes emails get dumped in the spam folder.

Paul

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.

Offline ccbmster

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2010, 09:27:42 AM »
That link didnt work for me either but I got to their website at   http://www.frybrid.net/  instead of Frybrid.com
86 MCI 102A3  Travel MI, IN, OH, VA, KY, GA, FL, and OK with most time spent in GA and FL 6V92 with Allison 740 Automatic

Offline Dreamscape

• Dreamscape
  • Global Moderator
  • 1968 Silver Eagle Model 01 8V92T Allison 740 #7443
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2010, 09:29:43 AM »
That's strange, both work for me.

Our coach was originally owned by the Dixie Echoes.

HighTechRedneck

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2010, 09:33:07 AM »
Both www.frybrid.com and www.frybrid.net are working for me.  The fact that another person had a problem with the .com version further supports the odds of it being an Internet router somewhere alone the way.  If both of your computers are connecting through the same connection or from separate connections via the same ISP from the same physical location, it is likely they would both get routed the same way.

HighTechRedneck

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2010, 09:36:33 AM »
Another possibility if both of your computers are using the same Internet connection through a modem/router (i.e. Comcast or similar cable provider) the routing table in your own router can get acting strange.  Unplug the power from the router for 30 seconds and then plug it back in and wait for the front panel lights to settle down.  Then try again.

That happened to me recently on the BCM site. Non of our site would come up in my browser.  I thought the site was down and called Phil.  He checked and there was no problem there.  So I power cycled my router and sure enough, everything was fine.

Offline ccbmster

« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2010, 09:37:49 AM »
I am connected via a Sprint Air card.

.com takes me to the UK thing over and over but .net works just fine
86 MCI 102A3  Travel MI, IN, OH, VA, KY, GA, FL, and OK with most time spent in GA and FL 6V92 with Allison 740 Automatic

HighTechRedneck

« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2010, 09:43:36 AM »
And another possibility is that they are changing web hosts.  It can take 1 to 24 hours for the new routing information to update in all web routers.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal