Author Topic: Past Female Members - still around??  (Read 18816 times)

Offline Cary and Don

Re: Past Female Members - still around??
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2013, 08:18:27 AM »
If you are female you just have to stand up for yourself, like the guys do.  No thin skin.  In our house it is Don that keeps me from getting my two cents out there some times.  I have been working in a man's world since 1979 when I was the only female painting contractor at the store.  Times have changed.  Many women still think there are things they can't or shouldn't do.  I am lucky enough to be married to a man that thinks I can do anything and has taught me what he knows.  You will do just fine here.  Welcome to the group.

Cary
1973 05 Eagle
Neoplan AN340

Offline lorna

« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2013, 05:26:19 PM »
... Many women still think there are things they can't or shouldn't do.
Say it ain't so!  :o  

I am lucky enough to be married to a man that thinks I can do anything and has taught me what he knows.
Ditto. I told my husband he could have a domestic diva or a cabinet installer AKA free labour. He chose cabinet installer, which later segue-wayed into other areas of construction.  ::)

Some of the female members may not have migrated with the new board (my id didn't so I am a Newbie again) or they may have different names (like me)

Offline SkellBell

• Solo looking for fulltime rig
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2013, 06:43:10 PM »
I can get thin skinned at times like most folks if the wrong button is pushed.  Though having enlisted in the Navy at 18 in '81 and with big (and little) brothers I learned to give as good as I got.  Though I have been all over the world, friends and family think this is crazy and dangerous alone.  I am comfortable with who I am and what I can do.  What I don't want to do?  wait till the right man shows up to get on the road.

Offline Cary and Don

« Reply #33 on: September 27, 2013, 07:15:11 PM »
There is a club for single women who RV together.  They set up caravans.

Cary
1973 05 Eagle
Neoplan AN340

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal