Author Topic: Where to get parts for Alstrom bus seats?  (Read 2138 times)

belfert

Where to get parts for Alstrom bus seats?
« on: August 19, 2006, 07:18:02 PM »
My Dina came with Alstrom (spelling) seats in it.  I plan to keep four sets of seats for use in my conversion.

Any ideas where I can get parts for these?  The parts manual for the bus only has a part number to buy an entire new set of seats for the bus.  Google didn't find any info.  the part I need is new foam for the headrests.  Pretty much every one of them is shot.  (The bus only came with nine sets of seats still in it.)

Brian Elfert

Offline gus

Re: Where to get parts for Alstrom bus seats?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 08:31:01 PM »
Maybe you mean, Bolstrom? Lots of places to get parts for Bolstrom seats.
PD4107-152
PD4104-1274
Ash Flat, AR

Offline Jeremy

• 1987 Bedford Plaxton
    • Magazine Exchange
Re: Where to get parts for Alstrom bus seats?
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 03:35:59 AM »
Alstom (without the 'r') is a big European train manufacturer. I'm not aware of them building buses as well, but I guess a bus seat is pretty much the same as a train seat so it wouldn't be surprising if they supplied seats to bus manufacturers.

Even if you could get them, I suspect a replacement set of OEM headrests would cost far more than taking your existing ones to your local upholsterer to be fixed.

Jeremy
A shameless plug for my business - visit www.magazineexchange.co.uk for back issue magazines - thousands of titles covering cars, motorbikes, aircraft, railways, boats, modelling etc. You'll find lots of interest, although not much covering American buses sadly.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal