June 25, 2018, 09:04:07 AM

Author Topic: '62 Silver Eagle  (Read 1502 times)

Offline travelingfools

'62 Silver Eagle
« on: August 20, 2006, 01:44:11 PM »
Im looking at a 1962 Silver Eagle with a 8V71 w/ 12,000 miles in it and a 4 speed tranny w/ 2000 miles on the clutch. Any comments on the vehicle or motor. The add say's possably converted in 2001.
John P, Lewiston NY   1987 MC 9 ...ex NJT

Offline Len Silva

• Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe
    • Leonard Studio
Re: '62 Silver Eagle
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2006, 02:34:39 PM »
My advice: Don't take anyone's word on the mileage, not only proof that it was done, but done by a pro.  I've seen overhauls blow in a very short time, usually done by a friend of a friend at a good price.

It seems that every bus I see for sale has a fresh engine.

Len

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.

Offline travelingfools

Re: '62 Silver Eagle
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2006, 02:46:15 PM »
Thanks..good point and Ill add that to my list.

We've been looking for a bus now for about two months. Can't seem to find any within a days drive. Im sure at some point, we'll have to invest some money into travelling to see a bus. Looking at busses in Calif.; good rustfree busses / good deals, but Id be adding a few thousand in travel expenses to the cost of a $10,000. bus. But we are excited and keep plugging along. I see where some have searched for a year or so before finding one. The good thing is everyone I talk to about busses teach me something new. I ordered some books and magazines to continue learning and make me even more inpatiant for a bus..lol.

Anyone with leads on a bus in the northeast ??
John P, Lewiston NY   1987 MC 9 ...ex NJT