Author Topic: BEWARE OF THE JUNKYARD BUS!!!!  (Read 16272 times)

Offline luvrbus

Re: BEWARE OF THE JUNKYARD BUS!!!!
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2011, 08:43:12 AM »
Snakes are a no no with me if it moves it is dead I don't care what type, then my darling wife will catch one and bring it to the house and say LOOK what I have she will catch a rattlesnake with a rake not me.
When we lived in Texas she would stand on a copperhead snake with her foot and then pick it up very strange women LOL

good luck
Life is short drink the good wine first

Offline jackhartjr

• Beauty is in the eye of the beholder!
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2011, 09:45:43 AM »
Cecil Thomas that started the old Thomas Produce with his son's over in Greensboro, NC told about working in a CCC or WPA camp building the Blue Ridge Parkway in the hills above Mt. Airy, NC after the 2nd big war...said all of a sudden the rattlesnakes were to numerous to work.  Someone suggested going about 500 feet in elevation down the hills a ways and bringing in King Snakes.  They did, came back a couple of weeks later and did not see any more rattlers...in fact didn't see any for years in that area!
Jack Hart, CDS
1956 GMC PD-4501 #945 (The Mighty SCENICRUISER!)
8V71 Detroit
4 speed Spicer Trannsmission
Hickory, NC, (Where a call to God is a local call!)

Offline jackhartjr

« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2011, 09:50:04 AM »
Stopped in a Texas rest area one time when they had the Rattlesnake Round-up days going on...there were glass cages with bbiigg rattlers in them...one had a hundred dollar bill sitting on top of the cage...I asked what it was for...the guy said anyone that can put their hand on the glass, let the heat from their hand get to the snake, and when he coils and hits the glass at their hand...and not jerk back...can have the hundred dollars.  Said he has had the same bill for many years!
Jack
Jack Hart, CDS
8V71 Detroit

Offline wal1809

« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2011, 10:37:28 AM »
I love snakes.  I used to be scared of them but not anymore.  I never knew anyone to die of snakebite but I know of 1000s of dead snakes who encountered humans.   Just keepng the balance beam balanced ;D
1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com

Offline bobofthenorth

• R.J.(Bob) Evans
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2011, 12:43:17 PM »
When we travel in Mexico we often see snake skins for sale beside the road.  I wouldn't have clue one what to do with one and I expect Canada Customs wouldn't let me bring it home anyway but I always think we should stop and buy some just to encourage the guys to keep on killing.  I know exactly where my fear of snakes comes from - my mother.  I know its irrational and baseless mainly because where I come from there's nothing more dangerous than garter snakes and not even that many of them.  All that doesn't change the fact that the only place I like to see a snake is with that little round dot on the front end of a 12 gauge centred just above his miserable hide.
R.J.(Bob) Evans
Used to be 1981 Prevost 8-92, 10 spd
Currently busless (and not looking)

The last thing I would ever want to do is hurt you.
Its the last thing but its still on the list.

Offline jackhartjr

« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2011, 04:24:22 PM »
Less than an hour after I posted Dianne kills a snake!
JAck
Jack Hart, CDS
8V71 Detroit

Offline norules

« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2011, 05:13:17 PM »
My Guess -  Non-venomous Mexican Black Kingsnake (Lampropeltis getula nigrita)

it is a constrictor, using its powerful body to envelope and asphyxiate its prey, and therefore lacks any venom

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_Black_Kingsnake

Offline boxcarOkie

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2011, 05:49:04 PM »
Now listen ... I am having a little trouble sleeping at night now ... we need to stop this.

Kind of ironic, a lot of folks complaining about mice, or rather, "commenting about mice" and then expressing a viewpoint that the killing the very reptiles that feed on them is a downright good idea.  Wonder what a world devoid of snakes and full of rodents would be like?  Personally, if it doesn't get aggressive with me, I don't kill it.  They are here for a reason ... and for what it is worth .... snake roundups ought to be banned.

For instance, "If I was walking across a field and I saw a snake and a politician ... I think I would shoot the politician."

Anyway that is my take on it.

BCO

artvonne

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2011, 09:39:41 PM »
  The problem is that weve upset the balance, the snake doesnt have the predator pressure it had 100 years ago. It would be great not to have to kill snakes, but without the other animals that we also dont want in our backyard, many of which that would naturally control them, if we didnt control the snake population we would be crawling with them, no pun intended.

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
« Reply #39 on: May 07, 2011, 11:46:40 PM »
Quote from: boxcarOkie
For instance, "If I was walking across a field and I saw a snake and a politician ... I think I would shoot the politician."[/b]
BCO

How could ya tell 'm apart!
;D  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

Offline boxcarOkie

« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2011, 05:31:12 AM »
Quote from: boxcarOkie
For instance, "If I was walking across a field and I saw a snake and a politician ... I think I would shoot the politician."[/b]
BCO

How could ya tell 'm apart!
;D  BK  ;D

Either of the two most likely would want to bite you ... but one of them is gonna try and stick his hands in your pocket.

BCO

Offline wal1809

« Reply #41 on: May 08, 2011, 07:24:32 AM »
Box car I could not have said it better myself.  I no longer kill any snake.  I have a lot of snakes around here from water mocs to corral snakes.  When i find them I simply relocate them.  I am much happier for it.  I am no longer upsetting any balance.
1984 Silver Eagle Model 10 6V92 Allison auto tranny
www.snakebreaker.com

Offline boxcarOkie

« Reply #42 on: May 08, 2011, 10:21:56 AM »
Box car I could not have said it better myself.  I no longer kill any snake.  I have a lot of snakes around here from water mocs to corral snakes.  When i find them I simply relocate them.  I am much happier for it.  I am no longer upsetting any balance.

Last year, we caught seven snakes on our property, the majority of them were bull snakes.  I put them in a bucket and take them somewhere else and release them.  If they are not aggressive (most are not) then I am not either.  We have a live and let live policy around here.  If left alone, they usually make a hasty retreat and are nowhere to be found later on.

BCO

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal