Author Topic: Setting up a coach for jamie, not a bus but kinda a bus with training wheels lol  (Read 8630 times)

Offline christopher

GO TO THE GMC MOTORHOME WEBSITES. THEY SELL LOTS OF PARTS FOR THAT DRIVETRAIN.
CHRIS
MCI5C

cody

Chris, very little is interchangeable between revcon and gmc, Cinnabar Engineering in Sandusky Michigan has probably the largest inventory of gmc parts and very little of it can be used in a revcon, the revcon drivetrain is exclusively oldsmobile, the toronado style drive was kinda unique tho cinnabar does supply the a frames, thats the most likely component to fail, many of them have hairline cracks, I've had to replace both of mine over the years, both sides of the lower a-frames are new.even the window slide channel is a different size, .420 in the revcon, the GMC has a fiberglass body where the revcon has a rivited aluminum body, even the suspension is different, gmc uses airbags, revcon uses torsion bars like my iggle, the revcon was very much an upgrade over the gmc units.

cody

Went out and tinkered with the revcon and the bus yesterday, built a new bathroom wall along the hallway in the bus so now the long curtain is gone, seems much more private now, not sure why it would matter but I can sit there and feel so much secure now lol, next thing is I want to put in a taller toilet, I've got a sealand and it's a great toilet but it's one of the short ones and for an old guy I need a head start getting up. I had plugged in the revcon and i thought the refrigerator was shot but when I went out it was nice and cold and working great, just took an over night to get it cold but I'll have to replace the door gaskets in it, they are the magnetic gaskets and pretty stiff, I'll check with dometic and see if they even make any for that one anymore.  Also hit a yard sale and scored a roof vent with a fan for 3 bucks, complete setup, was happy about that.  I've got them both out at the skanee house so it's not as convienent to tinker with them.

Offline thomasinnv

• Derrick Thomas
  • I may be nuts, but only for buses
if you don't want to replace the whole toilet, (read $$$) you can get a spacer to raise the toilet.  something like this.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/product/thetford-toilet-riser/1569

this one will also fit the sealand.  it will raise it about 3" i believe.  lot cheaper than a whole new toilet.
Some are called, some are sent, some just got up and went.

1998 MCI 102-DL3
Series 60 12.7/Alison B500
95% converted (they're never really done, are they?)

cody

Thats a good possibility, I had originally thought about building a raised platform but discarded the idea because of the marble floor in the bathroom, I hadn't seen those toilet raisers and the price is great, if it'll fit the sealand I'll probably go that way, I appreciate the info.

Offline bevans6

• 1980 MCI MC-5C
I installed one of these in the spring this year, my local RV place had it on for $125.  Nothing like a nice new throne...  It is a direct and very easy replacement, and it's an appropriate size...

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/product/dometic-310-toilets/8081

Brian
1980 MCI MC-5C, 8V-71T from a M-110 self propelled howitzer
Allison MT-647
Tatamagouche, Nova Scotia

cody

I really like the idea of removing the vulnerable parts for winter storage, I'm wondering if a trip to trinas might not be a bad idea, earliest I could go would be the first week of november but thats also ok.

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
Cody you could just put aluminum foil on the seat and floor and wire them to an OLD style auto coil and when ready to get up push a button on the wall and it'd get you that head start you wanted! ;)
;D  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

cody

Libby suggested an ice pick too, lots of good ideas coming in lol.

Offline Len Silva

• Angle Parked in a Parallel Universe
    • Leonard Studio
Cody you could just put aluminum foil on the seat and floor and wire them to an OLD style auto coil and when ready to get up push a button on the wall and it'd get you that head start you wanted! ;)
;D  BK  ;D

BK,  Looks like you, are trying to beat Cody at his own style of humor.  You can't do that! :)

Hand Made Gifts

Ignorance is only bliss to the ignorant.

cody

I can always count on BK for coming up with creative ideas lol.

Offline Busted Knuckle

• 6 Setras, 2 MCIs, and 1 Dina. Just buses ;D
    • KY Lakeside Travel ... Just 4 the Fun of it!
I just came up with that one from memory back in High School the me & some guys in shop built a "stool" like that that had a
leg rest that extended out and had a metal bar across it about knee level to get the "ground" in contact and a concealed box up under the seat that carried a 6V lantern battery and a coil from a Ford "model A" in it! We could launch unsuspecting victims 20-30' across the shop when we hit the remote, or sometimes for kicks and giggles we just left it armed and waited for someone to try and sit on it!
;D  BK  ;D
Busted Knuckle aka Bryce Gaston
KY Lakeside Travel's Busted Knuckle Garage
Huntingdon, TN 12 minutes N of I-40 @ exit 108
www.kylakesidetravel.net

;D Keep SMILING it makes people wonder what yer up to! ;D (at least thats what momma always told me! ;D)

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal